Home

How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18

This is a discussion on How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2018, 06:28 PM   #441
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBattleCat
Seattle Battle Cats Season 2021/22

Western Conference Semi-Finals (Round 2)

Seattle Battle Cats vs Dallas Stars
Game 1 - SEA 1 @ DAL 3 L
Game 2 - SEA 2 @ DAL 4 L
Game 3 - DAL 1 @ SEA 4 W (I played)
Game 4 - DAL 1 @ SEA 4 W
Game 5 - SEA 5 @ DAL 3 W (I played)
Game 6 - DAL 1 @ SEA 1 L
Game 7 - SEA 7 @ DAL 5 W (I played)

SEATTLE advance to the Western Conference Final!
The Battle Cats now have the home advantage going into the next round against the Calgary Flames.

The Playoff Picture after 2 rounds:

What a series! The Seattle Battle Cats advance to the Western Conference final, beating the Dallas Stars in 7 games in a tough grinding contest.
After losing games 1 & 2 @ Dallas, the Cats rallied & went on to win games 3 & 4 in Seattle to tie the series 2-2.
The Cats then upset the Starsat their home to take a 3-2 series lead (final score 5-3).
The Cats were home for game 6 with the huge advantage of having the home ice and had the opportunity to finish the series early. However the Stars had all the answers, shutting out the Cats at home and forcing game 7 back in Dallas (Final Score1-0).
Game 7 began as a tight affair & after 2 periods the score was locked @ 3-3. In the 3rd period, it was the Cats who were able to capitalise and knock in the next 3 goals past the Dallas Goalie to make it 6-3. It wasn't over, Jamie Benn & Tyler Seguin scored 2 blazing one-timer goals in the space of a minute with still 5 minutes to play to make the score 6-5 (I was starting to think "here we go again"). The Cats were able to regroup, hold off the determined Stars & finally Nate Schmidt (77ovr Exact Top6D) stole the puck and scored an empty net goal with 20 seconds to go to seal the game 7-5 and the series.

All eyes now will be on the Cats to see if they can get over the hoodoo of the past 3 seasons and advance past the conference final.
The series win has come at a large cost to the team with Cam Atkinson (86 Exact Top6F) suffering a season ending broken right ankle in game 4 & Steven Crane (89 Med Elite OD) getting hit by the puck in game 7 & likely to miss the first 2 games against the Flames.

Player Stats:
Spoiler

Goalies:
Spoiler

Injuries:
Cam Atkinson - Injured Game 4 - Broken Right Foot - Out for rest of Playoffs
Steven Crane - Injured Game 7 - Sore Hip - likely to miss most of all of Western Conference Final

Projected Lines for Game 1 @ home vs Calgary:
Spoiler

(AHL) Burnaby Aces Playoffs update.

Unfortunately the Aces were beaten in 7 games by the Laval Rocket.
The season is over for them

Denis Malgin (78ovr Exact AHLtop6) & Niklas Hansson (77ovr Exact 7thD) both top scored in the playoffs with 13 points from 10 games played.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Wow great series! And congrats on making it to the WCF. Hopefully those injuries don't hurt you too bad!

I'm in the middle of game 1 of the Montreal series now. Fun stuff!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 07:31 PM   #442
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Game one of the Eastern Conference playoffs against division rival, Montreal Canadiens. I'm actually looking forward to building a rivalry with them. Split season series and I remember playing at least 2 or 3 of the 4.

First period starts off a little jittery. Buffalo seems timid, trying not to make a mistake. After a few great saves by Lehner we turned it around.

Evander Kane was able to slap one by Carrie Price for an early 1-0 lead! Later in the period Shae Weber was injured and will not return for the game. Will be interesting to see how that develops rest of the series.

Late in the period Riley Sheahan scores on a deflection to take a 2-0 lead! Lehner was able to stop all 8 shots the Candiens threw his way, and we were able to kill two powerplays they had. We lead it 2-0 and the crowd is stunned after one.

Second period was all goalies. They shut me down on two power plays and they never could get much going. Lehner made a few good saves. Still 2-0 after 2nd period, each team with 14 shots on goal.

With around 8min to go in the third period, the Candiens finally squeak one past Lehner, as Galchenyuk scores his first of the playoffs. They are only down 2-1 so the game has become tight here at the end even after the great start.

Shortly after, they tie the game on a power play goal by Lehkonen on a one timer. Their fifth ppwer play of the game! With 6min remaining the game is now tied 2-2 and all momentum has shifted to the home team and their crowd.

No scoring after, as the Candiens continued to pressure. Overtime period here we come! The Candiens have 32 shots while Buffalo had 21 shots headed into OT.

In overtime the Candiens commit a costly penalty and giving me my fourth power play of the night. The rookie, and our leading goal scorer, Alexander Nylander scores a PP goal to take game one over the Candiens!!

This Nylander kid is going to be special!! Buffalo Sabres lead the Montreal Canadiens 1-0 in the series. Looking ahead to game 2...will Weber be available for Montreal?

Old 01-27-2018, 09:48 PM   #443
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

OVR: 0

Seattle Battle Cats Season 2021/22

Western Conference Final.

Seattle Battle Cats vs Calgary Flames

Game 1 - CAL 2 @ SEA 4 W
Game 2 - CAL 3 @ SEA 4 OTW
Game 3 - SEA 4 @ CAL 2 W (I played)
Game 4 - SEA 3 @ CAL 4 OTL
Game 5 - CAL 2 @ SEA 5 W (I played)

SEATTLE ADVANCES TO THE STANLEY CUP FINAL.
... & they will face the Philadelphia Flyers

Playoff Tree:

Games 1 & 2: Seattle took the the series to 2-0 straight up with wins in the first 2 games. Best player on the ice was Samuel Bucek (83ovr High Top6F LW) with 2G, 2A.
Game 3 @ the Calgary SaddleDome was a high pressure affair with the Flames leading 2-1 after the 2nd period. Samuel Bucek was given a game misconduct late in the 2nd for driving Johnathan Gaudreau into the boards and Timothy Liljegren was also injured during hard check from Tkachuk, meaning the Cats had 2 missing from their rotations. Some big line changes were made, most predominant was Martin Hanzal moving to the 2nd defence pairing with Travis Sanheim. James Van Riemsdyk Scored in the 3rd to tie it up and with 3:30 left to go on the clock, Patrick Nolan scored to give the Cats a 3-2 lead. The Flames pulled the Goalie in the last minute however Martin Hanzal was able to find the net, sealing a 4-2 win.
Game 4: Elite Offensive D-man Steven Crane Returned for game 4 just in time to cover for Timothy Liljegren who sustained a knee injury in the game prior.
Unfortunately The Cats blew a 3-1 lead in the 3rd period with the Flames drawing even, just when it was thought the series was over. The game went into OT and the Flames had it won & done in the 1st minute.
Game 5: Seattle came out blazing straight away in front of their home crowd with Nick Suzuki & Nikita Scherbak both scoring in the 1st period. The 2nd period saw no scoring from either side. The 3rd began with a ,Calgary goal to close the deficit to 1. The Cat were able to answer back swiftly with Mat Dumba netting a cracking slap shot near the blue line making the score 3-1. Gaudreau answered with one more with 9 minutes to go closing the gap back to 1, however James. Van Riemsdyk ensured a Cats victory with 3 minutes on the clock and the score was 4-2. The Flames emptied the net with one final push, but Logan Brown dashed all hope scoring the empty net goal. Final score was 5-2 & the Cats advance. It's taken 4 years to return to the Cup final after winning the inaugural season.
Seattle take the home advantage again & will now face the Philadelphia Flyers who eliminated the Toronto Mapleleafs in 7 games.

Team Leaders after 3 rounds
Most Points - Martin Hanzal & Nick Suzuki - 15
Most Goals - Samuel Bucek - 8
Most Assists - Nick Suzuki - 12

Player Stats:
Spoiler

Goalies:
Spoiler

Injuries. -
Timothy Liljegren - injured Game 3 - knee injury - will return next round.

Let's go Cat's, Lord Stanley is calling!

Old 01-27-2018, 10:12 PM   #444
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Wow congrats and good luck!!

Old 01-27-2018, 11:45 PM   #445
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

2027-28 Season!

Well we've won three straight President Cups, but for the 2nd year in a row we had an early exit....this time Game 7 OT vs Boston in the Semi Finals, but we had a stellar draft(again, I'm getting good at snagging talent. No I'm not reloading drafts, on my kids lives)

The 2027 1st we got from Anaheim for Sanheim turned into the 5th overall and we drafted Devin Shyngtime, an Elite LW Sniper who is 73 ovr currently. The steal was with the 27th overall pick. Pavel Valentenko, a 20 year old C Grinder, was the highest rated player in the draft at 81 overall. But we weren't done.

With the 89th overall we picked Vitali Tursumbayev(My franchise likes that last name. Already have one on my team and Detroit has another Tursumbayev). Vitali is a 77 Ovr, LW PLY who is Med Elite(20yrs).

Made a move to improve our blueline, acquiring Charlie McAvoy from a struggling Boston team for an Elite goalie and Ghost .

Line Ups Look like such

Cody Bentley(90)-Donald Potter(95)-Charles Ritt(88)
Xavier Rita(85)-Nolan Patrick(89)-Filip Zadina(90)
Vincent Latendresse(84)-Eric Bommes(85)-Walter Perron(81)
Jarrod Camper(81)-Pavel Valentenko(83)-Stephen Kress(82)

Ivan Provorov(91)-Charles McAvoy(87)
Hugo Bergeron(82)-Boris Gogolev(85)
Hugo Gagne(78)-Albert Buckley(81)

Carter Hart(91)-Mattias Johansen(82)

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2018, 12:21 AM   #446
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Game 2 of the best of 7 against the Montreal Canadiens!

First period the Candiens stifle me on a power play, and then score on their first power play (8:49) of the night. Galchenyuk scores the PP goal and his 2nd goal of the series now. 1-0 Candiens 1st intermission.

The 2nd period ended with each team going 0/1 on power plays. Price has stopped all 21 shots on goal. Candiens have 14 shots on goal. 1-0 Candiens 2nd intermission.

The Candiens strike early in the 3rd period with a goal by J. Drouin (17:12) to go up 2-0. The game is not looking good for us now. Carey Price said they are not going to go down 0-2 tonight!

But wait, hold on...Nylander scores his second goal of the series on our third power play of the night to make it 2-1 with 15min remaining! It was kind of a weak goal off a weak rebound, kinda just scooted it in lol.

With 4:24 remaining in the third J. Morrow scores a goal from the point to give the Candiens a 3-1 lead. I continued not to get anything past Price and we lost at the final score of 3-1.

Price saved 32 out of 33 shots. Candiens had 21 shots on goal. Lehner was definitely not as impressive as he was in game one.

It should be worth mentioning the Candiens began the series without 83ovr D Karl Alzner who is out until late May with a concussion. And with the rib injury to 88ovr D Shea Weber is devastating to the Candiens defense. With those two I don't think I'm even getting 30 shots on goal.

Weber btw is due back April 21st. Which means he will miss games 3 and 4. I would guess he has a chance to play game 5.

Either way the series goes, after playing them so many times now myself I'm going to begin to have some hatred towards them myself. Especially if we lose the series lol.

Series now tied 1-1 as we head home to Buffalo in front of our fans!

EDIT: Our AHL team, the Rochester Americans were swept by Toronto's AHL team in the first round of the playoffs.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 01-28-2018 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:09 AM   #447
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickflyers
2027-28 Season!

Well we've won three straight President Cups, but for the 2nd year in a row we had an early exit....this time Game 7 OT vs Boston in the Semi Finals, but we had a stellar draft(again, I'm getting good at snagging talent. No I'm not reloading drafts, on my kids lives)

The 2027 1st we got from Anaheim for Sanheim turned into the 5th overall and we drafted Devin Shyngtime, an Elite LW Sniper who is 73 ovr currently. The steal was with the 27th overall pick. Pavel Valentenko, a 20 year old C Grinder, was the highest rated player in the draft at 81 overall. But we weren't done.

With the 89th overall we picked Vitali Tursumbayev(My franchise likes that last name. Already have one on my team and Detroit has another Tursumbayev). Vitali is a 77 Ovr, LW PLY who is Med Elite(20yrs).

Made a move to improve our blueline, acquiring Charlie McAvoy from a struggling Boston team for an Elite goalie and Ghost .

Line Ups Look like such

Cody Bentley(90)-Donald Potter(95)-Charles Ritt(88)
Xavier Rita(85)-Nolan Patrick(89)-Filip Zadina(90)
Vincent Latendresse(84)-Eric Bommes(85)-Walter Perron(81)
Jarrod Camper(81)-Pavel Valentenko(83)-Stephen Kress(82)

Ivan Provorov(91)-Charles McAvoy(87)
Hugo Bergeron(82)-Boris Gogolev(85)
Hugo Gagne(78)-Albert Buckley(81)

Carter Hart(91)-Mattias Johansen(82)

Whoa, nice current lineup you have going there and well done on the recent draft. Your franchise is just about set for the rest of its future. With this recent picks included.

Also how cool is the last name Shyngtime! It Rocks!

Old 01-28-2018, 05:12 AM   #448
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Game 2 of the best of 7 against the Montreal Canadiens!

First period the Candiens stifle me on a power play, and then score on their first power play (8:49) of the night. Galchenyuk scores the PP goal and his 2nd goal of the series now. 1-0 Candiens 1st intermission.

The 2nd period ended with each team going 0/1 on power plays. Price has stopped all 21 shots on goal. Candiens have 14 shots on goal. 1-0 Candiens 2nd intermission.

The Candiens strike early in the 3rd period with a goal by J. Drouin (17:12) to go up 2-0. The game is not looking good for us now. Carey Price said they are not going to go down 0-2 tonight!

But wait, hold on...Nylander scores his second goal of the series on our third power play of the night to make it 2-1 with 15min remaining! It was kind of a weak goal off a weak rebound, kinda just scooted it in lol.

With 4:24 remaining in the third J. Morrow scores a goal from the point to give the Candiens a 3-1 lead. I continued not to get anything past Price and we lost at the final score of 3-1.

Price saved 32 out of 33 shots. Candiens had 21 shots on goal. Lehner was definitely not as impressive as he was in game one.

It should be worth mentioning the Candiens began the series without 83ovr D Karl Alzner who is out until late May with a concussion. And with the rib injury to 88ovr D Shea Weber is devastating to the Candiens defense. With those two I don't think I'm even getting 30 shots on goal.

Weber btw is due back April 21st. Which means he will miss games 3 and 4. I would guess he has a chance to play game 5.

Either way the series goes, after playing them so many times now myself I'm going to begin to have some hatred towards them myself. Especially if we lose the series lol.

Series now tied 1-1 as we head home to Buffalo in front of our fans!

EDIT: Our AHL team, the Rochester Americans were swept by Toronto's AHL team in the first round of the playoffs.

Tough break hopefully you can get at least a series split in Montreal to turn the favor back your way. Good luck in game 3

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »