Home

Rubber band effect(?)

This is a discussion on Rubber band effect(?) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2017, 08:12 PM   #17
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rubber band effect(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I think sports entities should give money to companies like EA so they can flesh out a top notch product, unless they already do that? I mean their name is on the product why wouldn't they contribute to help it succeed?
I know the real NHL players could care less but this franchise does represent the sport and the players and under this AI it makes them look clueless, lost on the ice, and as if they have no idea what the game of hockey is about or how it’s played lol. I would be pissed
Old 11-29-2017, 07:30 AM   #18
Rookie

Omg!

This is SO frustrating. Literally every time I have a lead the opponent scores to tie the game. Every single game is programmed to be tight snd I have no patience to play this sort of soap opera simulation, do they really think it’s somehow fun and exciting to get scored on after each time you take the lead?? It’s not!
Old 11-29-2017, 09:19 AM   #19
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9

Just a couple days with the game so far.

If I had to bet I'd say it's there. My first four games in Be A Pro went to OT.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:47 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg83
Just a couple days with the game so far.

If I had to bet I'd say it's there. My first four games in Be A Pro went to OT.
Haven’t tried BAP yet, but I’ll give it a shot soon to ser how it works for me.

Hahahah, just was about to have the first shutout for Luongo after 62 games and leading 2-0 in the 3rd period, outshooting the Devils 29 to 16, they score 2 goals within the final 30 seconds when they took the goalie off. You just can’t deny the rubber band in that lol
Old 11-30-2017, 10:14 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

Yes, I do believe this effect is there, but it crosses into my bigger pet peeve - the sliders do not do what they should. I turn poke check to 0 for cpu, for accuracy and strength. Same with stick lift. Yet, late in a close game, a cpu player gets near my guy and easily pokes the puck away, gets possession and scores. Amazing how many times this happens. Yet, somehow, my AI teammates get near the cpu players, and cannot seem to do the same thing. A zero on a slider should mean it doesn't happen, no?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 11:04 AM   #22
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Yes, I do believe this effect is there, but it crosses into my bigger pet peeve - the sliders do not do what they should. I turn poke check to 0 for cpu, for accuracy and strength. Same with stick lift. Yet, late in a close game, a cpu player gets near my guy and easily pokes the puck away, gets possession and scores. Amazing how many times this happens. Yet, somehow, my AI teammates get near the cpu players, and cannot seem to do the same thing. A zero on a slider should mean it doesn't happen, no?
No, a zero slider means that it's less likely to happen. When you turn cpu speed down to zero, it doesn't mean that they aren't still moving. When you turn shot power down to zero, it doesn't mean that they don't shoot.

Protect the puck.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:38 AM   #23
Rookie

Matthew25x's Arena

This is an issue with every EA sports game. For years I have heard theories of certain things being decided before you start your given matchup and that lends to part of this rubber band AI or comeback AI.

Just had a similar experience in Madden 18. Up 28 to 10 at the half against a rookie QB playing like trash. Before the 4th quarter started it was suddenly 28-27 and the CPU was getting all these huge unrealistic plays. I shut the game off on their last scoring play which was the QB standing at his own 50 on 3rd and long, a DT and a DE hit homr at the same timr but rather than a sack the QB stumbled forward and miraculously found a TE wide open in the endzone, only player on the entire right side of the field despite my cover 3 playcall.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:14 PM   #24
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthFall
Haven’t tried BAP yet, but I’ll give it a shot soon to ser how it works for me.

Hahahah, just was about to have the first shutout for Luongo after 62 games and leading 2-0 in the 3rd period, outshooting the Devils 29 to 16, they score 2 goals within the final 30 seconds when they took the goalie off. You just can’t deny the rubber band in that lol
That's still entirely possible. The Blues scored two goals last night in about a minute, but they couldn't tie it up. Scoring goals late in the game isn't evidence of rubber banding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »