Home

NHL 20 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2019, 07:00 PM   #9
Banned

lions67's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 20 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by max452
NHL HITZ 2020

Thanks Ea for another great hockey game

This HAS to be EA’s swan song for the NHL series now. It just has to be.
There is zero chance I pick up this piece of garbage.
What a joke!
Old 07-26-2019, 07:18 PM   #10
Banned

Hmm, the new commentary (the tone of it) reminds me more these hyping YouTubers/Gamechangers that screaming while tearing the HUT packs, rather than actual real sport commentary.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:11 PM   #11
Rookie

BelfourThibault's Arena

OVR: 1

I’m strictly an offline player, so maybe some of my disappointment was that I was playing offline. Online is never a great representation of the offline game, but I didn’t find much to be impressed about. The commentary has also taken 30 steps back, and it reminds me of the early 00’s over the top commentary. Not a good thing.
NCAA- Notre Dame, Arizona State, and Mizzou
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 10:56 PM   #12
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
No offline so still have to wait and see but very concerned *3s and 1s people really play this wow I guess I am in the minority*
Old 07-27-2019, 03:01 AM   #13
Banned

Give us offline, I don't play multiplayer.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:04 AM   #14
Banned

Favorite sport, buying this game since 92,haven't even tried the beta, zero interest in multiplayer.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:10 AM   #15
Pro

stevostl's Arena

Who is EA kidding?

when I saw list of a 100 fixes I was like hmmm maybe something might impress me..

but no.. the game doesn't seem any improvement from the game last year to me whatsoever.. not one thing. in fact some things are worse

this is embarrassing. the menu system in this game is worst than the out dated menu system konami puts out in PES. I have hit the back button 10 just to go somewhere to do something in chel. this whole online interface is this game is like horrible. in fact I would argue the NHL 09 on PS3 the very first game with the EASHL is better than this game by far... to level up your game to get legend card.. all this is 10x better and than anything in this best 10 years later. how sad is that ? really think about it. and the interface is way better. you can edit your guy.. test your build and skate around.. you could edit your attributes.. you could actually hit people.. the game was fun.. you had something to play for.. instead of these stupid bags of chit. I mean seriously this game is at an all time low. its sad because it use to by far the best sports game of the year back when I'm talking about in 09. it's really sad because that game had online lobbies.. you can chat.. all things that so many years later they can't include in the game as options? i Mean seriously the game gets worst year after year.

you can tell the money they put in to this game and team they have on is nothing compared to fifa.. but yet they charge the same amount to fools who buy it. what bullchit.. anyone who pays that price for this game is being ripped off bad.

all my game play tonight about 5 hours was playing in EASHL 5's and 3's

any ways.. I can already tell there is no way i buy this game. I will just wait for FIFA as this game is crap... that's the truth

lol @ at EA's list of 100 fixes for that are in this... seriously? pathetic BTW.. I have been playing EA sports hockey since the beginning. I was top 10 EASHL club goaliie during PS3 in 09- 11 .. those NHL games are far superior in terms of the EASHL without a doubt. EA blew it. they had a great thing going but it's like they just switched it all those great resources to FIFA and ever since this game keeps going down hill. it's very sad . I just wish they would get back to that point with this game so bad but they just seem to not be able to do it. I am going to quit hoping until they announce they are rebuilding this game engine. that's it for me because that' what I think it seriously needs at this point to ever be a good hockey game again. hopefully they are doing this for the next systems. I also wish 2K or some other developer would make a hockey game to give them competition like PES gives FIFA competition. maybe that could make this game all of sudden good again as well

PS. EA an online beta is suppose to get people to want to buy your game.. not to scare them off! I want to buy Hockey so bad this year to because my ST. Louis BLUES finally won the Stanley cup but no way. this game is THAT BAD

Last edited by stevostl; 07-27-2019 at 03:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2019, 03:22 AM   #16
MVP

From first impression of a Video have seen, it looks bit worser than 19.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »