Home

NHL 20 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2019, 01:10 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 20 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

The NHL 20 beta is available now for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 through July 31....

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 03:30 PM   #2
lvl
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 20 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Played one game thus far. Didn't really see a noticeable difference besides one-timers.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:13 PM   #3
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Multiplayer only?

No thanks.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:25 PM   #4
Rookie

@Peter_OS I'm right there with you. I wish they'd give us the opportunity to try out just a play now and practice mode too. I'm not into the multiplayer modes. Oh well, most likely sitting out this year anyway. I'm not seeing enough to entice me to buy.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:32 PM   #5
Banned

lions67's Arena

It’s trash.

Same game as last year.
I couldn’t even get through a full game before I got bored.
Very sad to see this franchise get neglected like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 04:56 PM   #6
Rookie

PhillsPhan26's Arena

OVR: 19

1. Goalies are worse then ever.

2. It's going to be hard to play shutdown D this year. Seems like the defense men are a touch slower due to the fact that when you go into backskate it slows you down considerably, it's impossible to keep up with the wingers/ center.

No matter how hard you try and protect the net, the puck alway seems to find it's target.

3. I hate the commentary...

4. it's easier then ever to manipulate the goalie with skill stick.

5. Why in the world is Pro AM still in this game? A waste of space if you ask me.

6. Really the only thing I like is that they added legends jerseys that you can wear in WOC. I also like the team themed skates.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

NHL HITZ 2020

Thanks Ea for another great hockey game
Old 07-26-2019, 06:59 PM   #8
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Wow. Not good at all. There was absolutely no difference from NHL 19 other than it was faster and being good on defense doesn't matter. I pride myself on playing defense and I absolutely love it. It's a great feeling when you beat a player who thinks they can just dangle around and do all of the glitches only for them to get 5 shots in the whole game.

Anyway, I played a person who kept doing the same thing over and over and over. Essentially taking the puck with one player and going up and down and side to side to try and bait me to chase him and just keep hitting poke check. Just typical spam bs. I just held my position. However, at some point you have to get the puck away and if they aren't passing it or even remotely trying to play hockey, you're screwed. Damn near everything resulted in a trip. I'm all for more tripping calls to prevent spam but this was absurd. Even if you hold RB as they come by and you get a piece of the puck, it's a trip because the player still skates into your stick and falls down.

To how my game went, you're pretty much stuck with trying to block a shot to play defense. That's obviously completely reverse of what you would ever want in hockey. The goal is to prevent players from getting a shot off. That is pretty damn difficult to do in this game.

As always it just seems like everything is for the offense, other than the fact they don't call any penalty shots. I had 3 breakaways and was tripped from behind. None resulted in penalty shots.

Truthfully, I quit leading 4-3 in the 3rd period because I couldn't take it anymore. The fact I let up 3 goals to the person I played was just embarassing. He/she was awful and played atrocious defense themselves.

I know I'm an offline player but what a poor representation of the game especially when you can't play the CPU. Also, no clue about any goalie improvements. I know there are things not in the beta and this and that but it's the same animations and wonky puck covers and all of that. Just a really negative experience and I deleted it already.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »