Home

Creation Center - Would you pay for it

This is a discussion on Creation Center - Would you pay for it within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2019, 01:17 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Creation Center - Would you pay for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomL
2019 and the creation/customization options for the NHL-series are still pretty weak. Roster sharing is still missing, goalie masks are the same as the last five entries, as are logos, custom music is gone and so on.

Compared to the other big sports-franchises it might just be the worst (never tried Madden tbh) and I'm not very hopeful that EA will expand on it for quite a while. What we do know is that EA never had any problem expanding the modes that make them money.

With that said, would you pay if EA developed a mask editor that could be downloade for example? I know that I would cough up a couple of bucks for it at this point.

Never mind what you think should be included in a sports title 2019, I agree that it is just lazy not to have them in, would you pay for it and how much?

Due to my obsession with jerseys and little details, I would pay extra money for jersey/sock template packs and logo packs. I have to disagree with you though when you say this worst creation zone experience. In fact, their creation zone for 17 through 19 was easily EA’s best creation zone offering. I haven’t played 2k, but based off of videos and reviews, I’d say their creation suite is #1 and PES would follow behind at #2. From there, I’d say NHL and SMB2 are a close #3 and #4 based on what your expectations of a creation zone are.

The main thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on 20 is the thought of making my entire 48-team league again! I mean, that is a lot of hours my friend, and I really wish I trusted someone else to outsource the project too lol.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:31 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVHL_Official
Due to my obsession with jerseys and little details, I would pay extra money for jersey/sock template packs and logo packs. I have to disagree with you though when you say this worst creation zone experience. In fact, their creation zone for 17 through 19 was easily EA’s best creation zone offering. I haven’t played 2k, but based off of videos and reviews, I’d say their creation suite is #1 and PES would follow behind at #2. From there, I’d say NHL and SMB2 are a close #3 and #4 based on what your expectations of a creation zone are.

The main thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on 20 is the thought of making my entire 48-team league again! I mean, that is a lot of hours my friend, and I really wish I trusted someone else to outsource the project too lol.
Fair enough. To be fair, I'm not counting EAs other titles as I haven't played Madden, know that FIFA is behind NHL in this category and nobody counts LIVE as a real thing, right?

What I miss the most my self is the overall roster editing. Roster share of course, editing draft classes (It's absolutely ridiculous when you get a Latvian pick namd Jeff Marner or something like that) and downloading others created stuff.

Guess I'm pretty happy with the jerseys but not with the logos. To few and many of them are bad and cartonish. MLB the Show for example has an awesome logo creator.

Stadium creation is pretty cool also but I wouldn't mind an option to create minor league stadiums also. Best of all would be if we could add some sort of retro/vintage feel to a created stadium.

Last edited by TomL; 09-14-2019 at 02:38 AM.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:14 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomL
Fair enough. To be fair, I'm not counting EAs other titles as I haven't played Madden, know that FIFA is behind NHL in this category and nobody counts LIVE as a real thing, right?

What I miss the most my self is the overall roster editing. Roster share of course, editing draft classes (It's absolutely ridiculous when you get a Latvian pick namd Jeff Marner or something like that) and downloading others created stuff.

Guess I'm pretty happy with the jerseys but not with the logos. To few and many of them are bad and cartonish. MLB the Show for example has an awesome logo creator.

Stadium creation is pretty cool also but I wouldn't mind an option to create minor league stadiums also. Best of all would be if we could add some sort of retro/vintage feel to a created stadium.

For some reason in my head, I separate roster sharing from “creation zone” and that might be a flawed approach to this conversation so that’s where my ranking are based off of. I see “creation zone” as the jersey/arena/logo editor and I see roster sharing as simply “roster editing” but again, that might be the wrong approach.

With that said, I agree that most modern creation zones still leave much to be desired. Unfortunately in this generation of sports games, those wants might only be delivered if the consumer is willing to pay. I honestly don’t mind MTX’s as long as I feel like I’m getting a fair value from them. Jersey templates, minor league stadiums, more logos, more goal lights, more goal horns/songs, more mascots, more station light options, etc would all be things I’d pay for in a “creation zone pack” if they offered it. I bought all of the NCAA 14 jersey packs back in the day, and I’d really like to see EA give us that option again.

In my head, I see options like roster sharing and in-depth creation zones as features that would prevent annual purchases. If EA is afraid of that, MTX’s as I previously described would be a perfect way to get a little more money out of creation zone junkies like me with the understanding that I’d probably be a bi-annual buyer. Long-story short, if money is the reason they won’t give us the experience we desire, take that out of the equation, give us a good effort with lots of features, and I’ll gladly pay more money.

Home of the Elite Virtual Hockey League - An offline eSport Simulation League
Old 09-14-2019, 09:21 PM   #20
Rookie

shanev's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelfourThibault
Which is something that they offered...for free...5 years ago.

They did, which was really awesome of them, many of them had a PayPal donation option though, and I always gave something whenever I was able

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 09-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #21
Rookie

BelfourThibault's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanev
They did, which was really awesome of them, many of them had a PayPal donation option though, and I always gave something whenever I was able

The one I’m referring to was the official EA teambuilder page. You could do everything from roster edits, field design, colors, even upload custom logos.
NCAA- Notre Dame, Arizona State, and Mizzou
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2019, 01:03 PM   #22
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

I mean, I just shelled out $90 for this, so I'm not sure why I should pay more?

Don't get me wrong, I've actually enjoyed the small amount that I've played so far, and at the end of the day, I'm going to put a solid amount of time into the game, but...

Why should we be paying extra for things that any number of sports games already have?

MLB has: Roster sharing, 30 team control, etc.
Madden has: Roster sharing, relocation, and you can do a lot of fun stadium-wise things.
NBA 2K has: Roster sharing, 30 (up to 36) team control, expansion, roster sharing, tons of customization, etc.
FIFA has: who knows. I've got 19 but haven't really jumped into it. Seems like it has a ton of features though.

At the end of the day, NHL is always a pretty good game, but I don't think they need to start charging for every little feature to turn it into a great game.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:44 PM   #23
Rookie

Consider yourselves lucky. FIFA has no ability to create a team for offline play at all.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:21 PM   #24
Rookie

shanev's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelfourThibault
The one I’m referring to was the official EA teambuilder page. You could do everything from roster edits, field design, colors, even upload custom logos.

Oh right, I remember that. That was really awesome. And you’re right that was free. Good call

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »