Home

Creation Center - Would you pay for it

This is a discussion on Creation Center - Would you pay for it within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2019, 07:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Creation Center - Would you pay for it

2019 and the creation/customization options for the NHL-series are still pretty weak. Roster sharing is still missing, goalie masks are the same as the last five entries, as are logos, custom music is gone and so on.

Compared to the other big sports-franchises it might just be the worst (never tried Madden tbh) and I'm not very hopeful that EA will expand on it for quite a while. What we do know is that EA never had any problem expanding the modes that make them money.

With that said, would you pay if EA developed a mask editor that could be downloade for example? I know that I would cough up a couple of bucks for it at this point.

Never mind what you think should be included in a sports title 2019, I agree that it is just lazy not to have them in, would you pay for it and how much?

Last edited by TomL; 09-13-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 08:03 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Creation Center - Would you pay for it

It's sad, that we have to talk about this, not to long ago those things were standard. But yes, I would probably pay extra for custom music and roster sharing, maybe 5 to 10 bucks. Not sure about a mask creator.

Edit: I copied your post to the official forums, hope that's fine with you.

Last edited by Sauce12; 09-13-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:23 AM   #3
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

I’ll tell you exactly why I wouldn’t give them a dime....it would open Pandora’s box....set a new and bad precedent. Micro transactions have already all but destroyed the video game industry. Story driven games have no imagination or depth and sports titles get very little attention to AI and gameplay as all resources now go to maximizing micro transactions and loot boxes.
Imagine what happens when other developers see EA generating additional revenue by charging for a roster share feature or a logo and mask editor. Before you know it we’re all shelling out extra dollars for features that should and were in the games already.
The madness has to end.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I’ll tell you exactly why I wouldn’t give them a dime....it would open Pandora’s box....set a new and bad precedent. Micro transactions have already all but destroyed the video game industry. Story driven games have no imagination or depth and sports titles get very little attention to AI and gameplay as all resources now go to maximizing micro transactions and loot boxes.
Imagine what happens when other developers see EA generating additional revenue by charging for a roster share feature or a logo and mask editor. Before you know it we’re all shelling out extra dollars for features that should and were in the games already.
The madness has to end.
You're right about everything you said. But how big are the chances that this madness will end anytime soon? I'm at a point where i kinda just gave up.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:55 AM   #5
MVP

Sure would pay. For new Goalie masks, player likenesses, Roster sharing with player pics ( not for empty frames ) and so on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 11:14 AM   #6
Rookie

I think that most of us agree that these features should already be in the game. I see it as a hygiene factor 2019 if you can speak in those terms when it comes to sports gaming. The small things makes the whole experience in my mind.

I would really like to know what lies behind the decision to not include these features year after year when it is more or less the standard now. Guess it has to be business-related somehow.

As it is now the limited customization (or lack of) in terms of roster editing, sharing and custom draftclasses is a dealbreaker for me. Didn't buy last year and probably won't this year either for what it's worth.

Last edited by TomL; 09-13-2019 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:25 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomL
I think that most of us agree that these features should already be in the game. I see it as a hygiene factor 2019 if you can speak in those terms when it comes to sports gaming.

I would really like to know what lies behind the decision to not include these features year after year when it is more or less the standard now. Guess it has to be business-related somehow.

As it is now the limited customization (or lack of) in terms of roster editing, sharing and custom draftclasses is a dealbreaker for me. Didn't buy last year and probably won't this year either for what it's worth.
I think the reason for not having roster share is pretty obvious. They know there are people out there who would make way better and more accurate rosters than EA does, so there wouldn't really be a need to buy the new iterations every year. But why not just have some kind of time limited roster sharing option until the end of september or something?
Old 09-13-2019, 11:34 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce12
I think the reason for not having roster share is pretty obvious. They know there are people out there who would make way better and more accurate rosters than EA does, so there wouldn't really be a need to buy the new iterations every year. But why not just have some kind of time limited roster sharing option until the end of september or something?
That would be the obvious reason, I agree. But do you think that it would hamper their sales though? I'm not so sure. The HUT-players and the CHEL-whatever players wouldn't care and still be buying packs and stuff.

The occasional offline/franchise player could skip a year or so, sure, but I would bet that most of us would buy the latest game if they kept improving the game in terms of AI, presentation and so on rather than stick with last years game. I know I would.

Its the lack of features that keeps me from buying, not the other way around.

Last edited by TomL; 09-13-2019 at 11:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »