Home

Wow NHL 20 is great

This is a discussion on Wow NHL 20 is great within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2019, 01:05 PM   #9
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Wow NHL 20 is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryDub
The lack of care given to the multiplayer exprience in dropins and the fact we still can't get a lobby system back is disappointing.

However, on a gameplay scale, NHL20 is far and above the best game of the series. There are still issues - pass interceptions, A.I. stuck in the same patterns since NHL 06, same-old-same-old menu system, faceoffs haven't received a single ounce of love in 5+ years - maybe more, etc.
The game speed is too fast. The AI is dumber than even last year's AI. The goalies are atrocious. Online games still having connection issues. Game speed is too fast. Pass interceptions are ridiculous. User goalies leaving are NOT being replaced by AI goalies (3rd year in a row this bug makes it in). Equipment still locked behind BAGS. Game speed is too fast...

Did I mention the speed is too f****ng fast?? Geez Louise!! It's like tossing a whole bunch of bowling pins and bowling balls onto a sheet of ice and watching the chaos ensue! If there was no structure to the way the game was played in years past, man! EA Really outdid themselves this time.

I guess now we know why streamers are happy with this product. LOL!
Old 09-19-2019, 03:03 PM   #10
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

I’m glad to see others enjoying it. I have played a lot of this series over this current generation and it seems to improve every year. It’s not perfect, but I find it to be a lot of fun. I think it’s flown under the radar for a lot of sports gamers honestly. It has a really good Dynasty Mode that’s in-depth. It has a really fun arcade style mode with Threes. The Ones, CHEL stuff is there for people that enjoy that. Ultimate Team keeps getting improved upon year after year. Comparing NHL 15 to 20, it’s come quite a way.

There will always be problems, glitches, etc. I have a lot of fun with it though. I keep finding myself coming back to it for more, between Madden and NBA2K.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #11
Rookie

LODHockey's Arena

Funny as EA continues to ignore the fans wishes (music - roster share) because it is not their "goals" we are left to wonder. NHL20 is better then last year but, where are the things we want ? EA seriously needs a wake up call. Shame we don't band together and turn our backs on them for a change.

Then again if NHL doesn't make enough $$ they will just stop making it. Catch 22 for sure.....

Sent from my SM-G973U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2019, 10:11 PM   #12
Rookie

htskr21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
The game speed is too fast. The AI is dumber than even last year's AI. The goalies are atrocious. Online games still having connection issues. Game speed is too fast. Pass interceptions are ridiculous. User goalies leaving are NOT being replaced by AI goalies (3rd year in a row this bug makes it in). Equipment still locked behind BAGS. Game speed is too fast...

Did I mention the speed is too f****ng fast?? Geez Louise!! It's like tossing a whole bunch of bowling pins and bowling balls onto a sheet of ice and watching the chaos ensue! If there was no structure to the way the game was played in years past, man! EA Really outdid themselves this time.

I guess now we know why streamers are happy with this product. LOL!
I'm loving this game and I've played them all. I lowered the game speed down a notch to two and it's perfect. Every single game is different, each team plays a style like their coaches listed system and even on PRO, the CPU shoots the puck now. I've scored so many types of goals and the new animations are fantastic. NHL 20 is great!
Old 09-20-2019, 02:09 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryDub
The lack of care given to the multiplayer exprience in dropins and the fact we still can't get a lobby system back is disappointing.

However, on a gameplay scale, NHL20 is far and above the best game of the series
. There are still issues - pass interceptions, A.I. stuck in the same patterns since NHL 06, same-old-same-old menu system, faceoffs haven't received a single ounce of love in 5+ years - maybe more, etc.
Yes, but in gameplay only. The rest more or lesser far from good.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:31 PM   #14
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4

In regards to the new commentary. I welcome change, but I do like the NBC presentation better. The commentary sounds more like something from NHL Hitz or NFL Blitz... a little over the top excitement

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-20-2019, 03:54 PM   #15
Rookie

KoryDub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
In regards to the new commentary. I welcome change, but I do like the NBC presentation better. The commentary sounds more like something from NHL Hitz or NFL Blitz... a little over the top excitement

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
I can't quite figure out what EA was thinking here.

Anyone who visits the various communities can tell you that, for the most part, commentary was getting stale.

The common theme throughout the discussions surrounding commentary always seemed to be energy. They need more energy. More excitement.

So - for a change - EA listened to EXACTLY what the community was saying.

They went and got some new commentary guys and seemingly captured and endless amount of edge-of-your-seat commentary.

The problem was the execution - why is an exhibition game getting the same vocal range as game 7 in the stanley cup final?

I understand the logistics surrounding trying to program a commentary engine to adapt to the context of any given game can be difficult , but i believe THAT was the crux of the issue in the community surrounding commentary; the commentary lacked situational context and not necessarily excitement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2019, 04:15 PM   #16
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Yeah. People always complain about the commentary. it's too bland. it's too over the top.

I mean, this dude's not perfect, but I guess it's not so bad. It's obviously NOT NBA 2K levels, but it gets the job done. And if you really hate it that much, just turn it off.

There are a lot more issues, important issues, with this game that need attention. Commentary is far down on the list for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »