Home

NHL 22 Moves to Frostbite Engine, Adds Superstar X-Factors - Trailer & Details

This is a discussion on NHL 22 Moves to Frostbite Engine, Adds Superstar X-Factors - Trailer & Details within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2021, 09:07 PM   #89
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 22 Moves to Frostbite Engine, Adds Superstar X-Factors - Trailer & Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I definitely think they care about the franchise players such as myself and many others on this forum. They made some good additions in NHL 21.

The problem for me is, the game play hasn't changed much in several years and it's become stagnant, boring and predictable.

I'm optimistically hopeful the switch to the frostbite engine breathes new life into gameplay and allows them to enhance the AI. Not only that, but the presentation needs a major overhaul as well.
I agree with you here. I think they care about the off-ice stuff for franchise and have shown a commitment to it. Now they need to do the on-ice stuff because the off-ice stuff is really only as good a text simulator without having an engaging offline experience. The atmosphere, team intros, the AI, the puck physics, goalies, everything needs a revisit. The online community will be fine with whatever every year like they are every year, give the offline on-ice product some love.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:21 PM   #90
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 22 Moves to Frostbite Engine, Adds Superstar X-Factors - Trailer & Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
I agree with you here. I think they care about the off-ice stuff for franchise and have shown a commitment to it. Now they need to do the on-ice stuff because the off-ice stuff is really only as good a text simulator without having an engaging offline experience. The atmosphere, team intros, the AI, the puck physics, goalies, everything needs a revisit. The online community will be fine with whatever every year like they are every year, give the offline on-ice product some love.
Exactly... I mainly played NHL 21 as a simulator, which was quite weird as I typically like to play every game.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:43 AM   #91
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaracus88
Why can't EA just make the game play so that on one setting it is a simulation of real hockey and then on another setting it is the arcade version we get now. and let the offline guys choose between either one and online are stuck with the arcade version if that's the way EA wants it.

The problem with EA NHL games is that they don't make enough money to hire more people apparently, which they say is why the game is what it is. But by not fixing the AI, allowing roster sharing, Etc. for us "old timers" instead of building their fan base they are losing us that give them money every year. they stay around the same numbers in sales or maybe even decreasing over time. If they would split the improvements between offline and online fans and actually listen to the offline fans they should be able to put out a game that makes everyone more happy than they are now and maybe they can try to increase their sales to afford more programmers. My point is that there are alot of fans of this game that have purchased this series every year since the beginning or atleast for a long time and i think they are getting sick and tired of the same game every year. The game used to have great new features every year that made you want to buy the newest game each year. but now its all about the CHEL
The main problem is that they "care" about us, but we don't bring them enough money. That's why the game is designed more for the HUT crowd; they don't care how the game plays, how challenging it is. Most of them don't know what hockey IS.

The thing is that the game would be better if they made it play 3 different ways; 1 offline (Sim), 1 HUT (Arcade), 1 VS/EASHL (Mix of Both). And that's mostly achievable through sliders and making the AI NOT dumb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2021, 10:56 AM   #92
Pro

XxVal_MarXx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
The main problem is that they "care" about us, but we don't bring them enough money. That's why the game is designed more for the HUT crowd; they don't care how the game plays, how challenging it is. Most of them don't know what hockey IS.

The thing is that the game would be better if they made it play 3 different ways; 1 offline (Sim), 1 HUT (Arcade), 1 VS/EASHL (Mix of Both). And that's mostly achievable through sliders and making the AI NOT dumb.
I agree, it works the same for NBA2K too
Old 08-27-2021, 12:15 PM   #93
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxVal_MarXx
I agree, it works the same for NBA2K too
1000%.

2K is just as greedy. The difference is that the main core of the game is actually good, so they don't have to mess with it too much. Just, you guessed it, make the AI better.

PS: Oh, and also make their online better because GAWD DAYUM is it bad!!!
Old 09-11-2021, 11:32 PM   #94
Just started!

RedWingster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I definitely think they care about the franchise players such as myself and many others on this forum. They made some good additions in NHL 21.

The problem for me is, the game play hasn't changed much in several years and it's become stagnant, boring and predictable.

I'm optimistically hopeful the switch to the frostbite engine breathes new life into gameplay and allows them to enhance the AI. Not only that, but the presentation needs a major overhaul as well.
If the frostbite engine doesn't breathe new life into the gameplay then nothing will. It was definitely noticeable in the FIFA series and after playing Madden 22 today, I can honestly say the player movement on next-gen is much better. Hopefully that translates to the NHL series with better skating and puck physics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »