Home

NHL 22 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impresssions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 22 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impresssions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2021, 06:29 PM   #41
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 22 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impresssions Here

I was blown away at the pre-game setting screen so I'm very impressed. AI moves the puck up ice like the should, not circling back into their own zone like the don't know which net their shooting on.

Graphics are gorgeous...need to change presentation to broadcast as mentioned above.

Not that there was any doubt as I've been buying this game since it's inception, but this baby is on pre-order...10 hours is gonna fly by
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2021, 07:02 PM   #42
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NHL 22 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impresssions Here

Played a game between Jackets and Sabers. As a majority offline Franchise guy, really impressed with the game play I’ve seen so far. Much more realistic passing and defense. Can actually break up passes now as does AI. Nice to see pick not automatically glue itself to any stick it comes in contact with and actually bounces realistically.

Overall graphics are much improved on Series S compared to 21, which isn’t surprising. Loves the new stat overlays. And the new commentator added a bit to the game.

I’d like to atleast see penalty replays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2021, 07:47 PM   #43
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

Played the TB MON game while it finished downloading. I was TB and I lost 4-3 in OT. It felt like a cheap loss. They scored first, ok. I tie it up then some overlay got stuck on the screen and I couldn't see and they go up 2-1. I tie it up again and not even five seconds later they took the lead 3-2. I eventually tie it up and we go to OT. Predictably on the first faceoff they win it and score on first shot to win 4-3.

What does it take to get the CPU to take a penalty? I got called for a few but CPU none just like it's been recently.

I don't think I like the play by play guy. Analyst was fine.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:49 PM   #44
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 22 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
Been playing for the past hour and I will only talk about gameplay/ai first impressions:

Neutral zone pressure is very good
Skating looks better
Board hits look nicer as well

The main NEGATIVE was my concern all along, bad cpu offensive AI.

Dmen do not shoot nearly enough from the point. This was not a problem in NHL 20, but it became one last year and still here. Cpu dmen overcycle and rarely shoot when they should. Ive also edited cpu ai d men shoot tendencies to max in the strategies. Still horrible.

The cpu forwards are a bit too one timer happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I played a game on Superstar (not sure if that matters) and the CPU D shot plenty of shots from all over. Just one game but I noticed it.
Old 10-07-2021, 08:25 PM   #45
Rookie

Re: Trial is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I had to do a search of the Playstation Store to find it. Once I did there was an option to download the EA Play trial right next to the standard version of the game. It is not listed in the EA Play subscription section if that is where you are looking.

Just search up NHL 22. I preordered the game, think that’s messing it up?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2021, 08:28 PM   #46
Rookie

reth316's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99
Played a game between Jackets and Sabers. As a majority offline Franchise guy, really impressed with the game play I’ve seen so far. Much more realistic passing and defense. Can actually break up passes now as does AI. Nice to see pick not automatically glue itself to any stick it comes in contact with and actually bounces realistically.

Overall graphics are much improved on Series S compared to 21, which isn’t surprising. Loves the new stat overlays. And the new commentator added a bit to the game.

I’d like to atleast see penalty replays.

Change broadcast setting to full and you will get penalty replays
Old 10-07-2021, 08:30 PM   #47
Rookie

I realize hardly anyone on this forum plays EASHL, but NHL 22 is identical to 21 in that regard, other than improved Frostbite graphics and collision detection. Cross crease passes and goals are still the goto, as are skating one direction and shooting the other. 5'7" 160lb sniper/dangler builds continue to rule the ice, while the absolutely pathetic ai is just as bad or even possibly worse than ever. They don't even attempt to poke check a player on a breakaway when right beside them. It's still honestly disgusting and pathetic how EA continues to get away with the worst ai programming while not even attempting to make it better and then charging full price as a new game.

Thank goodness for the 10-hour trial, as there's no way in hell anyone should pay full price for this garbage, as the actual game engine is still the exact same as it's been for the last 10+ years. People will eventually figure out that the X-Factor is just another bull**** attempt at milking this game and selling as many copies as possible at release before discounting it by at least 50% within a month. I love hockey, and the back and forth action of online play, but the frustration from this game has simply become too much to put up with, with the absolutely dreadful ai programming leading the way once again.
Old 10-07-2021, 08:33 PM   #48
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by handheldpictures
I realize hardly anyone on this forum plays EASHL, but NHL 22 is identical to 21 in that regard, other than improved Frostbite graphics and collision detection. Cross crease passes and goals are still the goto, as are skating one direction and shooting the other. 5'7" 160lb sniper/dangler builds continue to rule the ice, while the absolutely pathetic ai is just as bad or even possibly worse than ever. They don't even attempt to poke check a player on a breakaway when right beside them. It's still honestly disgusting and pathetic how EA continues to get away with the worst ai programming while not even attempting to make it better and then charging full price as a new game.

Thank goodness for the 10-hour trial, as there's no way in hell anyone should pay full price for this garbage, as the actual game engine is still the exact same as it's been for the last 10+ years. People will eventually figure out that the X-Factor is just another bull**** attempt at milking this game and selling as many copies as possible at release before discounting it by at least 50% within a month. I love hockey, and the back and forth action of online play, but the frustration from this game has simply become too much to put up with, with the absolutely dreadful ai programming leading the way once again.

Have you played any offline games? I have zero doubt the AI is dumbed down in Chel, as technical it should be all human 6vs6 there anyway. But the AI really plays pretty good offline in versus.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »