Home

Any Word on Patch? Apart from the following...NHL 22 plays like a dream...

This is a discussion on Any Word on Patch? Apart from the following...NHL 22 plays like a dream... within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2021, 10:24 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Any Word on Patch? Apart from the following...NHL 22 plays like a dream...

I agree the jittery framerate is crazy! How have they not fixed this? Last year's game on Ps4 was awesome. PS5 this year is awful because of this and I've hardly played it. It's like skating in quicksand!
Old 11-23-2021, 04:24 PM   #10
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

I have to be missing something, I am playing on the PS4 and I don't have any framerate issues. The game has played smooth since day one. The post patch goal freezing ticked me off, but it seems to be half heartedly fixed; now after we score goals, it cuts to the crowd... I guess that's better than the goal freeze loop.

Graphics though, yes I realize some players aren't close to their real likenesses, especially not like MLB the Show or NBA 2K, but I am playing hockey, the only time I see a close up is for a replay, I can deal with that. But as for framerate, I play on a Samsung 60" QLED and have had ZERO issues with framerate, zero issues with stuttering, the game looks and plays smooth. Now granted, I only play offline Franchise, so if it is happening for online games, I can't confirm or deny that it is choppy in that mode.

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 11-23-2021, 04:52 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
I have to be missing something, I am playing on the PS4 and I don't have any framerate issues. The game has played smooth since day one. The post patch goal freezing ticked me off, but it seems to be half heartedly fixed; now after we score goals, it cuts to the crowd... I guess that's better than the goal freeze loop.

Ahhh....good, I am pleased to hear some positivity!
I too only play OFFLINE---on the exact same set up as I played with NHL 21; PS4 on a nice Samsung TV, BUT i can definatley see a freame rate difference between the 2 (I play on Speed 1)

HOWEVER, you have cheered me somewhat regarding the Goal Scoring Loop.....Thats a BIG help. Has it been fixed?

Thanks again, to everyone who has posted here...all the best from the UK

Last edited by johnnydrum; 11-23-2021 at 04:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2021, 04:54 PM   #12
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Pretty sure framerate issues are different depending on the camera angle you play from. Thats what I read anyways.

All I can do is speak from my experience and on ps5 using broadcast camera I have zero framerate issues.

As far as player likenesses, ya they suck. It feels like wishing for something that isn't going to happen. I believe EA claims
It's a lack of resources issue and although I have a hard time accepting that as an excuse, it doesn't seem like EA is budging on it being a higher priority. I really have no other choice but to believe them.

The one thing that drives me the most nuts is how goalie masks havent really changed in forever. They added a few here and there but the best looking mask in NHL 22 still isn't anywhere near the quality of the worst looking mask in real life lol. It wouldn't be hard or expensive for them to commission out mask design and it's as easy as replacing dds files in terms of development. They just won't do it. Kind of speaks volumes as to why people feel the way they do about the perceived lack of enthusiasm shown by the developers.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:53 PM   #13
Pro

Bouyant by the recent positivity here ....I just played a game....scored a great looking snipe with Pavel Buchnevich---went into the replays.....and lke only 2 of the views work --the rest just show places on the ice where the action isnt?
Sigggghhhhhh.......again....this wasnt a problem in NHL21

I think my kids are going to have that engrained on my Headstone......

".....it wasnt a problem in 21`...."

lol
Old 11-24-2021, 10:56 AM   #14
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Ahhh....good, I am pleased to hear some positivity!
I too only play OFFLINE---on the exact same set up as I played with NHL 21; PS4 on a nice Samsung TV, BUT i can definatley see a freame rate difference between the 2 (I play on Speed 1)

HOWEVER, you have cheered me somewhat regarding the Goal Scoring Loop.....Thats a BIG help. Has it been fixed?

Thanks again, to everyone who has posted here...all the best from the UK
Just read this post and some of the others, I see the framerate seems "off" when you knock down the speed to 1 or something like that. I play 7 minutes periods on speed 2 and with the default overhead camera. I never really play around with cams, so I can't confirm or deny this being the culprit. I also only play on speed 2 (personal preference for realistic stats for Human and CPU) and have never seen a framerate issue, though I can see the slower the game speed, it would make sense that it is trying to slow the play, thus graphics would probably be more sluggish. I played on speed 1 maybe back in 2012 and it just seemed too slow for me personally. I have used the same slider set, with minor tweaks for several years, tend not to tweak too much since I have the game pretty close to where I want it year after year. This year, I think the only changes I made was ticking up penalties a bit and maxed out attribute affects, this to me gives the "more true" feel of each player. I can definitely tell the difference between and first line forward and a fourth line forward.

I am definitely not a "EA fan boy" as you can see by my statement at the end of each post. But other than the goal scoring issue that is no longer there, after the goal, it goes to a random part of the ice which is ridiculous, the game is playable, and I have had more fun with the game in Franchise mode this year since back when the game was on PS3 with custom music... I do miss that about the game, I had every arena authentic, that was pretty awesome, I do miss that about the game, but as for fun factor, I am enjoying this years version...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!

Last edited by gsize19; 11-24-2021 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-24-2021, 12:14 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
Just read this post and some of the others, I see the framerate seems "off" when you knock down the speed to 1 or something like that. I play 7 minutes periods on speed 2 and with the default overhead camera. I never really play around with cams, so I can't confirm or deny this being the culprit. I also only play on speed 2 (personal preference for realistic stats for Human and CPU) and have never seen a framerate issue, though I can see the slower the game speed, it would make sense that it is trying to slow the play, thus graphics would probably be more sluggish. I played on speed 1 maybe back in 2012 and it just seemed too slow for me personally. I have used the same slider set, with minor tweaks for several years, tend not to tweak too much since I have the game pretty close to where I want it year after year. This year, I think the only changes I made was ticking up penalties a bit and maxed out attribute affects, this to me gives the "more true" feel of each player. I can definitely tell the difference between and first line forward and a fourth line forward.

I am definitely not a "EA fan boy" as you can see by my statement at the end of each post. But other than the goal scoring issue that is no longer there, after the goal, it goes to a random part of the ice which is ridiculous, the game is playable, and I have had more fun with the game in Franchise mode this year since back when the game was on PS3 with custom music... I do miss that about the game, I had every arena authentic, that was pretty awesome, I do miss that about the game, but as for fun factor, I am enjoying this years version...
Ahhhhhh.....the Attribute Slider: so many people have so may different opinions on how it works.
I spend the first month re -editing EVERY player (usually lowering them) to give more seperation between Star players and grinders.
Is this the first year you have used MAX on Att.Slider?
Tell me a bit more about your finding please.

Last edited by johnnydrum; 11-24-2021 at 02:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2021, 12:54 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Agreed. I don’t think it looks awful. Just want to play franchise with a created team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »