Home

Any Word on Patch? Apart from the following...NHL 22 plays like a dream...

This is a discussion on Any Word on Patch? Apart from the following...NHL 22 plays like a dream... within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2021, 06:45 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 2
Any Word on Patch? Apart from the following...NHL 22 plays like a dream...

I play on dynamic medium but was wanting to try broadcast, to keep control the same as dynamic medium on broadcast view, I just put preferred up and the controls will stay the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2021, 03:51 AM   #26
Rookie

Chad0034's Arena

Re: Any Word on Patch? Apart from the following...NHL 22 plays like a dream...

I'm actually really enjoying the game this year. As someone who has made it very known how disappointed I was in previous versions of the game, the gameplay is really good to me this year.

They fixed the ridiculous amount of cross creases, and incentivized grudgy, get the puck to the net type of play.

I ONLY play online versus, so thats all I can really speak on, but I'm having fun.

Biggest gripe by far is presentation. I mean LOOK at this presentation from NHL 18. Near perfection. https://youtu.be/esz4ahFt7J4

The presentation in the current game is leaps behind NHL 18. The whole point is to create product that appears to be what we'd watch on TV (EA Sports...If Its In The Game, Its In The Game"). This whole X-Factor slo-mo replays with weird graphics popping up....just totally loses the immersion of the game.

This makes me just play online versus and no franchise mode, etc. Couldn't stand the presentation enough to give it a try.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:55 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 24

Yeah the presentation in this game is the worst I've ever seen since the Madden 08 radio announcer. I mean it's just so horrendously bad. They really have no grasp or interest anymore in replicating a TV broadcast and instead are trying to make the broadcast look as bad as possible. It feels like they are seriously trolling us. Plus the PBP guy is awful. Ray is great but the PBP is so, so bad.

I am holding out hope they were waiting for the ESPN/TNT deal to lock in to match that.

Anyways, regarding a patch, considering they said the roster sharing would be out in December, I suspect we'll see a patch with the release of that feature. I'm probably going to restart my franchise then with someone's custom roster.
Old 11-27-2021, 11:03 AM   #28
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0034
I'm actually really enjoying the game this year. As someone who has made it very known how disappointed I was in previous versions of the game, the gameplay is really good to me this year.

They fixed the ridiculous amount of cross creases, and incentivized grudgy, get the puck to the net type of play.

I ONLY play online versus, so thats all I can really speak on, but I'm having fun.

Biggest gripe by far is presentation. I mean LOOK at this presentation from NHL 18. Near perfection. https://youtu.be/esz4ahFt7J4

The presentation in the current game is leaps behind NHL 18. The whole point is to create product that appears to be what we'd watch on TV (EA Sports...If Its In The Game, Its In The Game"). This whole X-Factor slo-mo replays with weird graphics popping up....just totally loses the immersion of the game.

This makes me just play online versus and no franchise mode, etc. Couldn't stand the presentation enough to give it a try.
Wow! That intro with the real city skyline and commentators is amazing. A true broadcast presentation! Also the goalie intro is great too. Leaps and bounds beyond what we have now. I wonder what happened? Why did they take out those introduction presentations out from the game? Was it a NBC thing? They could’ve easily replicate that without using the NBC licence no?
Old 11-27-2021, 11:26 AM   #29
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

OVR: 0

I've always asked for and wanted better presentation in EA's hockey game. I thought they had it and were gonna expand with it in NHL 18 with the pre-game intros. But they completely disappeared.

Same thing with NBA 2K, they had amazing pre-game intros in 2K16 up to 2K20. Then last year they removed the pre-game shows and they trimmed the team intros. Now it's stale. I still remember how awesome they used to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mquA-Yaqva0

Kids these days don't appreciate the effort it takes to make these. They just wanna GO! GO! GO! Press the A (or X button on Playstation) to skip everything. It's not a race guys. It's not a dash for survival. It's a game!!

Learn to enjoy every part of it. Ease yourself into it. That's what the intros are there for.
Old 11-27-2021, 11:46 AM   #30
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
I've always asked for and wanted better presentation in EA's hockey game. I thought they had it and were gonna expand with it in NHL 18 with the pre-game intros. But they completely disappeared.

Same thing with NBA 2K, they had amazing pre-game intros in 2K16 up to 2K20. Then last year they removed the pre-game shows and they trimmed the team intros. Now it's stale. I still remember how awesome they used to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mquA-Yaqva0

Kids these days don't appreciate the effort it takes to make these. They just wanna GO! GO! GO! Press the A (or X button on Playstation) to skip everything. It's not a race guys. It's not a dash for survival. It's a game!!

Learn to enjoy every part of it. Ease yourself into it. That's what the intros are there for.
I blame the Fortnite generation. Everything needs to be fast and instant. No appreciation of art or build up.
Old 11-28-2021, 04:55 AM   #31
Rookie

Chad0034's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Wow! That intro with the real city skyline and commentators is amazing. A true broadcast presentation! Also the goalie intro is great too. Leaps and bounds beyond what we have now. I wonder what happened? Why did they take out those introduction presentations out from the game? Was it a NBC thing? They could’ve easily replicate that without using the NBC licence no?
Yeah I believe EA Sports killed the NBC deal they had. Such a bummer, with a little more progress it would have been truly up there with NCAA Basketball 2010(CBS + ESPN), NFL 2K5(ESPN), and NCAA Football 14(ESPN) as best presentation packages in sports video game of all time.

I'm imaging it was due to money, which it always is. Such a shame because when video games pair up with existing TV, it creates for such an immersive experience.

Last edited by Chad0034; 11-28-2021 at 04:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2021, 08:22 PM   #32
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0034
Yeah I believe EA Sports killed the NBC deal they had. Such a bummer, with a little more progress it would have been truly up there with NCAA Basketball 2010(CBS + ESPN), NFL 2K5(ESPN), and NCAA Football 14(ESPN) as best presentation packages in sports video game of all time.

I'm imaging it was due to money, which it always is. Such a shame because when video games pair up with existing TV, it creates for such an immersive experience.
Well can’t EA just make their own “pretend broadcast” and use the same city skyline shots for intros?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »