Home

The UT "Equalizer" - Yes I believe it exists, I will explain...

This is a discussion on The UT "Equalizer" - Yes I believe it exists, I will explain... within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2016, 11:37 AM   #17
Banned

GUCCI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The UT "Equalizer" - Yes I believe it exists, I will explain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Seems to me that ground stats have the biggest impact.

If I fight someone with 99 Standup vs. my 85 Standup --- 14 point difference --- it will still (usually) comes down to who has most skill. Usually.

If I fight someone with 90 ground vs. my 80 ground --- only a 10 point difference --- it is much harder for me to overcome. Not because I suck on the ground, but because the ground game is a bit more 'robotic' or linear than standing.

There's only 2 or 3 ways to transition on the ground, whereas there are dozens of ways to strike/play defense/etc standing. So IMO stats make a much bigger impact on the ground, than standing

Hope this makes sense lol
You have a boxer right? How did you get his stats too 80 ground ? My boxer has only 63 ground. But my standup of boxer is 94.

My muay thai fighter even have 97 or 98 stand up lol.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:42 AM   #18
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI
You have a boxer right? How did you get his stats too 80 ground ? My boxer has only 63 ground. But my standup of boxer is 94.

I have a Greco MW who started with crap ground but I was able to get his standup to 94/95 and ground to 84/85 with a good mix of cards and a TON of Attribute Cards.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:43 AM   #19
MVP

chia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRed529
Started at 66 and grinder my way to 81.
Since the patch where you can see the level of your opponent how many of those opponents have you greatly out overalled? Meaning how many of those opponents have you been 5+ levels higher than?
Old 05-05-2016, 11:45 AM   #20
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Seems to me that ground stats have the biggest impact.

If I fight someone with 99 Standup vs. my 85 Standup --- 14 point difference --- it will still (usually) comes down to who has most skill. Usually.

If I fight someone with 90 ground vs. my 80 ground --- only a 10 point difference --- it is much harder for me to overcome. Not because I suck on the ground, but because the ground game is a bit more 'robotic' or linear than standing.

There's only 2 or 3 ways to transition on the ground, whereas there are dozens of ways to strike/play defense/etc standing. So IMO stats make a much bigger impact on the ground, than standing

Hope this makes sense lol
This is actually where I see what the OP is talking about. My main CAF is a GR wrestler in Div 5. Standup around 80, Clinch around 82, and Ground at about 86 with max top game, mid 90's off the back, and very high ground defense.

Most of the time I end up facing a boxer with maxed stand up but with 60's in clinch and ground. In these fights I have no problem when I get outclassed standing, but a lot of the time they are still able to transition at will from the bottom with low stamina. My denials don't seem to register.

The other thing that kills me in these fight is the TD defense. I have max TD's yet they are still denying well timed and setup attempts with horrible TD defense rating.

I don't know. It could be lag but it feels like something else is going on.

The NHL series has this kind of crap going on. The Dev's deny it but even the top players complain about it even when they almost never lose. You're up by 2 goals late in the 3rd, there's a very good chance your goalie is due for a nap or for some reason all your players think the puck is a turd and don't want their stick to touch it.

We'll never know for sure but sometimes things happen that make no sense and you feel cheated.

PS4- zappaforever
Old 05-05-2016, 11:55 AM   #21
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI

That was just an example haha

Not sure what my boxer's ground stats are....I know JSUB and CSUB are like 35 lmao ... JDEF and CDEF around 70ish...OTB and TOP maybe between 70 and 75? With ground defense around there too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
This is actually where I see what the OP is talking about. My main CAF is a GR wrestler in Div 5. Standup around 80, Clinch around 82, and Ground at about 86 with max top game, mid 90's off the back, and very high ground defense.

Most of the time I end up facing a boxer with maxed stand up but with 60's in clinch and ground. In these fights I have no problem when I get outclassed standing, but a lot of the time they are still able to transition at will from the bottom with low stamina. My denials don't seem to register.

The other thing that kills me in these fight is the TD defense. I have max TD's yet they are still denying well timed and setup attempts with horrible TD defense rating.

I don't know. It could be lag but it feels like something else is going on.

The NHL series has this kind of crap going on. The Dev's deny it but even the top players complain about it even when they almost never lose. You're up by 2 goals late in the 3rd, there's a very good chance your goalie is due for a nap or for some reason all your players think the puck is a turd and don't want their stick to touch it.

We'll never know for sure but sometimes things happen that make no sense and you feel cheated.
hmmm interesting

Well, I can *DEFINITELY* tell when someone has a stat advantage over me on the ground, it takes about 5 years for my grappling meter to fill lol
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 12:00 PM   #22
MVP

chia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
I believe the $ense behind this is the fact that there are purchases from the mode. If the developers came out and said "Hey, we put some randomization programming in the game to skew the game to be slightly more balanced between the haves and the have nots but please don't mind us and continue to spend money with us." I'm pretty sure that the number of people making purchases would drop dramatically.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:42 PM   #23
MrScaryMuffin

MrScaryMuffin's Arena

No such thing exists in any way, shape, or form anywhere in UFC 2
Old 05-05-2016, 01:48 PM   #24
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScaryMuffin
No such thing exists in any way, shape, or form anywhere in UFC 2
I'll take your word on it.

I think it was mentioned in the new grappling positions thread, about added feedback as to why denials aren't successfull (to late, stat diff, GA, etc.) and GPD said it would be possible to add. This would be very helpful and we would know why these things happen.

PS4- zappaforever

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »