Home

The UT "Equalizer" - Yes I believe it exists, I will explain...

This is a discussion on The UT "Equalizer" - Yes I believe it exists, I will explain... within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2016, 03:58 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The UT "Equalizer" - Yes I believe it exists, I will explain...

I posted this in another thread about the same subject but here is why I think their is a perceived equalizer......

I just rebuilt my fighter and have a pretty big statistical advantage over my opponent's until I get my division back up. What I've noticed is the slowness of their animations creates a really strange feeling both standing and on the ground. Almost like I'm fighting underwater everything seems to get all sticky and slow. It feels like I get jammed up in their animations. A lot of my strikes go right through them instead of landing.

When I fight other high stat fighters everything flows really smooth. So I don't think there is a handicap per say but I feel like they get a certain advantage in being able to get shots and transitions off without getting jammed up. Of course the power of my strikes makes it so I still have a huge advantage so I can't complain.
Abstrakt fists is online now Report Post
Old 05-05-2016, 04:06 PM   #34
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt fists
I posted this in another thread about the same subject but here is why I think their is a perceived equalizer......

I just rebuilt my fighter and have a pretty big statistical advantage over my opponent's until I get my division back up. What I've noticed is the slowness of their animations creates a really strange feeling both standing and on the ground. Almost like I'm fighting underwater everything seems to get all sticky and slow. It feels like I get jammed up in their animations. A lot of my strikes go right through them instead of landing.

When I fight other high stat fighters everything flows really smooth. So I don't think there is a handicap per say but I feel like they get a certain advantage in being able to get shots and transitions off without getting jammed up. Of course the power of my strikes makes it so I still have a huge advantage so I can't complain.
Abstrakt fists is online now Report Post
This is a very interesting interpretation and I can see that. So basically you are saying the collision system would be at fault for this?
Old 05-05-2016, 04:10 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
This is a very interesting interpretation and I can see that. So basically you are saying the collision system would be at fault for this?
That's the feeling I get. Something doesn't compute right when one fighter is super fast and the other super slow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 04:13 PM   #36
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt fists
That's the feeling I get. Something doesn't compute right when one fighter is super fast and the other super slow.
Maybe that's why ground transitions and denials don't work right either. Something has to be causing this stuff. I don't have these issues when facing someone with similar or better ground stats.

PS4- zappaforever
Old 05-05-2016, 04:31 PM   #37
MVP

chia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
Maybe that's why ground transitions and denials don't work right either. Something has to be causing this stuff. I don't have these issues when facing someone with similar or better ground stats.
I feel the exact same way. If we have even stats or they are higher level and I get beat I feel like I either got cheesed (because of them using cheesy exploitative tactics) or I just plain got outplayed and when I get outplayed I shoot them a message and give them their props.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:40 PM   #38
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

The only thing that really makes me rage about this game is the transitions not working right. A lot of times, in like full guard, the Grapple Assist HUD doesn't even show posture up. You have to let go and push it again. Really, really annoying, and can mean the difference between a win or loss. IMO, this is almost game breaking. You either can't do the transition, or you can't deny because you started what you thought was a transition but nothing played out and they transition and you can't revert to denying.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:44 PM   #39
MVP

chia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
The only thing that really makes me rage about this game is the transitions not working right. A lot of times, in like full guard, the Grapple Assist HUD doesn't even show posture up. You have to let go and push it again. Really, really annoying, and can mean the difference between a win or loss. IMO, this is almost game breaking. You either can't do the transition, or you can't deny because you started what you thought was a transition but nothing played out and they transition and you can't revert to denying.
I have seen this more and more over the past week.

Also the transitions out of side mount being left or right and that's it isn't correct at all. There are MANY more ways to transition out of Side Mount bottom.

There is a lot about the game that could be tweaked to improve the experience. I don't get on the game to win every single fight, I don't care about that, I get on the game to have a good time win/lose/draw.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:34 PM   #40
Banned

GUCCI's Arena

Never have this problem.

Transition denial works fine. Imo its even too easy to hold a guy like gsp on the ground if anything they need to make the deny windows smaller or just leave it like its now

Last edited by GUCCI; 05-05-2016 at 05:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »