Home

The UT "Equalizer" - Yes I believe it exists, I will explain...

This is a discussion on The UT "Equalizer" - Yes I believe it exists, I will explain... within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2016, 01:58 PM   #25
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The UT "Equalizer" - Yes I believe it exists, I will explain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScaryMuffin
No such thing exists in any way, shape, or form anywhere in UFC 2
I'm not going to act like you aren't credible because I believe you are a developer on the game (unless I'm mistaken) but would you say I am off when referring to the random rolls in the programming?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 02:12 PM   #26
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
I'll take your word on it.
I would lol.

The problem isn't so much the OVR difference when you have a decent CAF yourself. An 80 OVR against a 90 OVR is like playing ranked basically using a lower rated fighter. The main issue is when you start off at like 65 and are facing guys with a 10-11 point OVR difference. The speed is just too great to overcome a lot of times. An 80 OVR CAF is still going to have the speed to compete. When you are going against someone with a higher rated CAF with a low rated CAF when the stats are already low (65-67), and you face a guy with at least a 74-78 OVR you can definitely tell the difference. Especially if you don't pick a boxer and have crap athleticism stats.

I really have no clue why they didn't just make the athleticism stats the same across the board to begin with. Why would a boxer have so much better athleticism stats in the first place? You going to tell me that a BJJ guy, or Karate fighter is going to be in worse shape than a boxer? That just doesn't make any sense. If they set the base athleticism stats the same across the board, more styles would be picked. It should be more about your style against another style. A MMA fighter would have stats that would be pretty good to start with everywhere, but still lower than the stats other styles would have. Boxers would have better striking and blocking. BJJ guys would have better grappling and submissions. Wrestlers would have better top game and takedown stats. Karate would have better kicks and movement. MT fighters would have better knees/kicks and grappling in the clinch, and so on. Many things like this that makes one style fit you better. Right now, you have to basically pick a boxer and try to make him into the style you want.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:15 PM   #27
MVP

chia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
I would lol.

The problem isn't so much the OVR difference when you have a decent CAF yourself. An 80 OVR against a 90 OVR is like playing ranked basically using a lower rated fighter. The main issue is when you start off at like 65 and are facing guys with a 10-11 point OVR difference. The speed is just too great to overcome a lot of times. An 80 OVR CAF is still going to have the speed to compete. When you are going against someone with a higher rated CAF with a low rated CAF when the stats are already low (65-67), and you face a guy with at least a 74-78 OVR you can definitely tell the difference. Especially if you don't pick a boxer and have crap athleticism stats.

I really have no clue why they didn't just make the athleticism stats the same across the board to begin with. Why would a boxer have so much better athleticism stats in the first place? You going to tell me that a BJJ guy, or Karate fighter is going to be in worse shape than a boxer? That just doesn't make any sense. If they set the base athleticism stats the same across the board, more styles would be picked. It should be more about your style against another style. A MMA fighter would have stats that would be pretty good to start with everywhere, but still lower than the stats other styles would have. Boxers would have better striking and blocking. BJJ guys would have better grappling and submissions. Wrestlers would have better top game and takedown stats. Karate would have better kicks and movement. MT fighters would have better knees/kicks and grappling in the clinch, and so on. Many things like this that makes one style fit you better. Right now, you have to basically pick a boxer and try to make him into the style you want.
lol I'm not so sure you even read the first post.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #28
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
lol I'm not so sure you even read the first post.
I did, but a dev shot down your theory. To give someone an equalizer would also take away from the point of Ultimate Team. You are supposed to build your team, not rely on the game to help you because they either spent more money, or have played more. You are likely mistaken move levels for some kind of equalizer. Knowing your fighter helps enormously. You can still compete if you know where your fighter's strengths are. It is just harder because of the speed differences in the lower end of the stat spectrum compared to someone who is getting close to maxing their stats in a certain area like striking.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:28 PM   #29
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I would lol.

That's the problem. When my GRW faces a boxer with max standup I get owned trying to stand and trade. But if I get that same guy to the ground, where my grounds stats are all ridiculously higher, the advantage just isn't the same.

Most of the time as a ground fighter you really have to work hard to get the fight to the ground. Once on the ground with a stamina and stat advantage it should be a death sentence to the boxer, but it just isn't.

PS4- zappaforever
Old 05-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #30
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
That's the problem. When my GRW faces a boxer with max standup I get owned trying to stand and trade. But if I get that same guy to the ground, where my grounds stats are all ridiculously higher, the advantage just isn't the same.

Most of the time as a ground fighter you really have to work hard to get the fight to the ground. Once on the ground with a stamina and stat advantage it should be a death sentence to the boxer, but it just isn't.
Exactly. Which is why I, and many others use a boxer and try to make them into another style fighter. The athleticism stats are just too much to overcome a lot of times. You should be able to take a base boxer against a base wrestler and whoever is better at their area of play should be who would win. Right now, a base boxer against any other base style will almost always win with two equally skilled players.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #31
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Exactly. Which is why I, and many others use a boxer and try to make them into another style fighter. The athleticism stats are just too much to overcome a lot of times. You should be able to take a base boxer against a base wrestler and whoever is better at their area of play should be who would win. Right now, a base boxer against any other base style will almost always win with two equally skilled players.
Looks like all my UT fighters are getting deleted and switched to boxers. Wasted a lot of time grinding to get those attribute cards too.

PS4- zappaforever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 03:43 PM   #32
MVP

chia's Arena

Quote:
I did, but a dev shot down your theory. To give someone an equalizer would also take away from the point of Ultimate Team. You are supposed to build your team, not rely on the game to help you because they either spent more money, or have played more. You are likely mistaken move levels for some kind of equalizer. Knowing your fighter helps enormously. You can still compete if you know where your fighter's strengths are. It is just harder because of the speed differences in the lower end of the stat spectrum compared to someone who is getting close to maxing their stats in a certain area like striking.
...I am speaking from the higher level overall fighter's perspective with both fighters I mention in the OP being 80 and 89 (HW and MW respectively).

The mention of "Equalizer" comes from the fact that it seems like MORE TIMES THAN NOT more difficult to put away a much lower overall fighter than myself than an even level fighter. Not because of lag, parrying/slipping, or better usage of combos. Typically these lower overall CAFs just appear to take a LOT more damage and end up rocking me with 1-2 combos with just about ease and causing health events almost as if it was planned.

I continue to put "Equalizer" in quotes because Programmed Randomization of Events Based on Equaling Out the Playing Field doesn't have the same ring to it.

I understand a developer shot this down but I am interested (IF IT CAN EVEN BE DISCUSSED LEGALLY) about the randomization in the programming in UFC 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »