Home

EA Sports UFC Available Now, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Available Now, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #241
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: EA Sports UFC Available Now, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelyan
Another thing that bugs me in this game is the judging in general(because so many fights go the distance). Its hard to figure out exactly what the game is looking for when it comes to who wins and loses a round. This is made worse by the fact that sometimes Buffer doesn't tell you the scorecard at the end of the fight, and you can't go somewhere and see who won what round.

Why not add judges scorecards to the fight statistics screen so you can get a feel for what rounds you're winning or losing, and adapt accordingly.
Yea a lot of time i am getting unanimous decision and yet there is nothing unanimous about the fight. For example, i look at each round and i see that definitely i won both rounds and the other round, the opponent definitely win that round and yet i won by unanimous decision. Shouldn't it be split decision? Also when they announce the scorecards..it sounds very gimmick. Shouldn't they announce the scorecard for each round? Why are they speaking so fast rather than speaking it slowly so as to make it more dramatic.

Last edited by reptilexcq; 06-19-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 05:03 PM   #242
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Yea a lot of time i am getting unanimous decision and yet there is nothing unanimous about the fight. For example, i look at each round and i see that definitely i won both rounds and the other round, the opponent definitely win that round and yet i won by unanimous decision. Shouldn't it be split decision? Also when they announce the scorecards..it sounds very gimmick. Shouldn't they announce the scorecard for each round? Why are they speaking so fast rather than slowly making it more dramatic.
A unanimous decision doesn't mean that you won every round. It means that the three judges all voted for you to win.

If one of the judges voted for your opponent and two voted for you, then that's a split decision.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #243
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Yea a lot of time i am getting unanimous decision and yet there is nothing unanimous about the fight. For example, i look at each round and i see that definitely i won both rounds and the other round, the opponent definitely win that round and yet i won by unanimous decision. Shouldn't it be split decision? Also when they announce the scorecards..it sounds very gimmick. Shouldn't they announce the scorecard for each round? Why are they speaking so fast rather than slowly making it more dramatic.
No you won Unanimously 29-28 on all cards. 2 rounds to 1. A Split Decision is when the Judges disagree about who won the fight, 2 judges pick 1 and 1 Judge picks the other. Most Decisions are Unanimous, Phobia and I had a fight last night that was a 5 round split decision, I won 2 round, pretty clear, he won 2 rounds pretty clear, and 1 round was very close. 2 scored it 1 way, and 1 scored it the other, that is a split decision. Scorecards are never announced by round, they are always announced by judge. If all 3 judges score it the same, they will say that, if there scores that differ, they will announce all scores.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #244
Banned

OVR: 25
EA Sports UFC Available Now, Post Your Impressions

So I finished my career mode.

Yippie my guy is a 99! Smh

Defended my belt 8 times entered HOF. beside winning the title... Every single fight after that was just beyond stale.

They need to decrease the amount of evolution points by about half. I retired with 5645 left.

So your fighter will be 100 ovr in all 3 categories regardless.

Why run another career? What's the point?

I guess the best thing is to start off at like 27-28 yrs old... Never train and I guess set house rules for your own career.

IDK... Between the anemic list of moves... The sad amount if transitions... You have no choice but to be a GOD. It's like career is designed that way.

I guess upping the difficulty to pro is the only option. I mean I only lost 2 fights.

Sorry for the rant. This game is just thin across the board.

Couldn't care less about online. Easily see trading this in with a few weeks.

And the game truly is str8 up arcade IMHO.
So disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SA1NT401; 06-19-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #245
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
So I finished my career mode.

Yippie my guy is a 99! Smh

Defended my belt 8 times entered HOF. beside winning the title... Every single fight after that was just beyond stale.

They need to decrease the amount of evolution points by about half. I retired with 5645 left.

So your fighter will be 100 ovr in all 3 categories regardless.

Why run another career? What's the point?

I guess the best thing is to start off at like 27-28 yrs old... Never train and I guess set house rules for your own career.

IDK... Between the anemic list of moves... The sad amount if transitions... You have no choice but to be a GOD. It's like career is designed that way.

I guess upping the difficulty to pro is the only option. I mean I only lost 2 fights.

Sorry for the rant. This game is just thin across the board.

Couldn't care less about online. Easily see trading this in with a few weeks.

And the game truly is str8 up arcade IMHO.
So disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Increase attributes randomly and learn new moves randomly as well.

EDIT: For example there are a total of 25 attributes. So, I go to the website and randomize a number between 1 and 25. Whatever the number is, I increase the attribute until I have no more points left. Makes it challenging as hell. My guy has 100 for kick speed, but right now his chin is non-existent. So, I have to stay out of range, and my movement isn't good either. So, I am challenged a lot.

Use this website.

www.random.org

Without this website I doubt I would still play video games. It makes them less boring.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 06-19-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 05:43 PM   #246
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

you can also play on the hardest difficulty and use the auto spend for attribute points. but yeah i said the first day, its to easy to be max ratings all over
Old 06-19-2014, 06:13 PM   #247
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpizzle28
Aholbert, Phobia, or JareBear, can you confirm this. I have not been able to figure out if I can load my other career, or if my new one replaced it. Thanks!
Thats true. Only one career file on each profile.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:34 PM   #248
Rookie

vpizzle28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats true. Only one career file on each profile.
That is the Stupidest thing ever put into a MMA/Boxing game. WTH EA.....

I still love the game but as my favorite Monday night football show would say, "C'mon MAN!!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »