Home

EA Sports UFC's Third Patch Impressions and Thoughts

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC's Third Patch Impressions and Thoughts within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 10:57 PM   #25
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: EA Sports UFC's Third Patch Impressions and Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
It's frustrating because your instinct is to block it but when you block you lose lots of stamina. Not only that, but even when you counter this it does hardly anything.

This goes back to stamina drain for the amount of punches thrown. We are talking about 275-300 strikes being thrown in a 3 round accelerated clock fight. You shouldn't see this in a normal clock fight. It rewards the the "balls to the wall" guy and leaves no hope for the patient, disciplined approach.
Yeah it sucks bc true ufc fans know that fights are all about moving and picking your spots. Not represented in this game. Play with Silva the way he does in real life, u will lose stamina and prolly lose. Now if you play with him and jus strike wildly you will prolly win. Smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #26
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0

I just posted this on the official forums, I figured I'd share it with you guys as well.

I see a lot of people speculating that this is it, no more fixes and the problems introduced in the last patch will be here forever.

I just wanted to assure everyone that we will be introducing additional gameplay fixes.

Problems I am currently looking to fix are:

-loss of control bug after a sweep from tower/floor
-clinch escape/transition denial exploit
-stamina regen on getup denial from mount encouraging getup spamming
-hook and leg kick spam issues that surfaced as a result of the combo speed changes

Please don't start requesting more features or changes as this is all I will have time to work on if it's going to make it for the next patch. And please, don't ask me what fighters are coming. Someone always asks. I cannot answer that question.

If there are any other ways of triggering the loss of control bug I would love to see a video, but as of now the only proven way is from the sweep.

I'd also like to assure people who like the changes introduced in the last patch that we are not moving backwards on any of those changes as we believe they were all positive, we are continuing to move forward by addressing the issues we introduced which I believe will make the game better than it has ever been.

It's unfortunate that these bugs overshadowed the progress made in the last patch, and I feel confident that once these issues are dealt with you will be able to appreciate them as they were meant to be appreciated.

I'd also like to thank everyone for bringing the issues to my attention, and for helping provide details on certain exploits. If it hadn't been done as quickly as it was we may not have been able to address it in a timely fashion.

I cannot comment on when the next update will be. As usual you'll probably find out the day before it drops

I do still have to make the fixes, so it's not going to be tomorrow. Hold tight, we'll get them to you as fast as we can.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:23 AM   #27
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I just posted this on the official forums, I figured I'd share it with you guys as well.

I see a lot of people speculating that this is it, no more fixes and the problems introduced in the last patch will be here forever.

I just wanted to assure everyone that we will be introducing additional gameplay fixes.

-hook and leg kick spam issues that surfaced as a result of the combo speed changes

Please don't start requesting more features or changes as this is all I will have time to work on if it's going to make it for the next patch. And please, don't ask me what fighters are coming. Someone always asks. I cannot answer that question.

If there are any other ways of triggering the loss of control bug I would love to see a video, but as of now the only proven way is from the sweep.

I'd also like to assure people who like the changes introduced in the last patch that we are not moving backwards on any of those changes as we believe they were all positive, we are continuing to move forward by addressing the issues we introduced which I believe will make the game better than it has ever been.

It's unfortunate that these bugs overshadowed the progress made in the last patch, and I feel confident that once these issues are dealt with you will be able to appreciate them as they were meant to be appreciated.

I'd also like to thank everyone for bringing the issues to my attention, and for helping provide details on certain exploits. If it hadn't been done as quickly as it was we may not have been able to address it in a timely fashion.

I cannot comment on when the next update will be. As usual you'll probably find out the day before it drops

I do still have to make the fixes, so it's not going to be tomorrow. Hold tight, we'll get them to you as fast as we can.
Will stamina in the stand up game be addressed as well? I didn't see that? Ex reward a smart fighter
Old 10-08-2014, 01:19 AM   #28
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Anticipate the strike when standing and hold the parry buttons. Works almost every time.
Its not so much "the strike".

Its the flurry of strikes...alternating hooks as mentioned above...RLRLRLRLR and the inability to get up any kind of a defense up against it.

I do agree that at times you can correctly parry or block that immediate single big shot that some try and get off right as you get up. Actually I think that exploit is much improved post patch but the barrage of RLRLRLRL is something new and completely different.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Old 10-08-2014, 01:23 AM   #29
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC

Great news. If you can actually get all 4 of these things squared away that would be huge.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Old 10-08-2014, 03:24 AM   #30
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Its not so much "the strike".

Its the flurry of strikes...alternating hooks as mentioned above...RLRLRLRLR and the inability to get up any kind of a defense up against it.

I do agree that at times you can correctly parry or block that immediate single big shot that some try and get off right as you get up. Actually I think that exploit is much improved post patch but the barrage of RLRLRLRL is something new and completely different.
Yeah, that is totally different than the stand up from the ground. It is annoying as hell, but jabs can usually minimize the damage and mess with the combo speed.

I have also hooked my PS4 directly into my modem when playing now to minimize the latency. Not everyone can do this though, and hopefully they can come up with something to fix this.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:38 PM   #31
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Ok so im not the only one finding online a bit ridiculous. Amazing how the spammers always find a way isnt it. To devote ones existence to always finding a cheap exploit really is sad. But ya I fought a guy at LHW using Dan Henderson who seemingly had the hand speed of a bantamweight. Im probably just staying offline now as games like this will always have exploits
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 12:06 AM   #32
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
But ya I fought a guy at LHW using Dan Henderson who seemingly had the hand speed of a bantamweight. Im probably just staying offline now as games like this will always have exploits
That is the combo speed. Not an exploit. People can cheese with it, but it is not an exploit. This was intentional. You can do the same thing. Defending it is hard, but a really great player has come up with some tips to help people out. <---link to it.

Last edited by fishingtime; 10-09-2014 at 12:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »