Home

EA Sports UFC's Third Patch Impressions and Thoughts

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC's Third Patch Impressions and Thoughts within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #33

OVR: 34
Re: EA Sports UFC's Third Patch Impressions and Thoughts

I'll try those tips. My goal is to see a guy that comes out throwing 100+ strikes a round pay for it in stamina drain and thereby highly susceptible to getting KOd.

Right now I can get a disparity between my stamina and his but there isn't much of a payoff. I will try those tips.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

I just beat a spammer online and it felt so good. I played as Nick Diaz and he had Carlos Condit. Dude came out trying to body spam. He drained all his energy. I side stepped and went for a take down. Then proceeded to make him tap, all within 1 minute 30 secs in the first round. It was in brown belt division.

Playing online has been a chore due to spammers, but playing the cpu on Pro has been lots of fun since the patch.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #35

The tips that fishingtime posted definitely help. Especially with the tapping of the block button against the Right/left hook spamming.

I just hope any fix for that doesn't mess with the new strike system and its fluid movement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #36
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'll try those tips. My goal is to see a guy that comes out throwing 100+ strikes a round pay for it in stamina drain and thereby highly susceptible to getting KOd.

Right now I can get a disparity between my stamina and his but there isn't much of a payoff. I will try those tips.
I could live with this but I'd rather see a speed and effectiveness drain after the 4-5 combo. Lets face it there are only a few great fighters that can sustain 6-7-8-9 strike combos without losing speed and power.

I had a fight last night that went 3 rounds. My opponent threw 378 strikes and only landed 76. I was knocked out and my stamina ended up being lower than his.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Old 10-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
I could live with this but I'd rather see a speed and effectiveness drain after the 4-5 combo. Lets face it there are only a few great fighters that can sustain 6-7-8-9 strike combos without losing speed and power.

I had a fight last night that went 3 rounds. My opponent threw 378 strikes and only landed 76. I was knocked out and my stamina ended up being lower than his.

I agree. There should be an immediate stamina penalty for being unrealistically aggressive. There should be a vast difference in all around fighter movement when one is low in stamina and the other isn't.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #38
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I just hope any fix for that doesn't mess with the new strike system and its fluid movement.
It won't. I can guarantee that.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #39

I have about 20 fights in since I read fishingtime's post on defending the punch spam and have seen much improvement. I am able to throw under 175 strikes a fight and can usually pull out the win. I just need to get to the third round. That's where you really see a spammer dwindle.

I still feel like these guys should be done by round two, but the blocking scheme of tapping the block really helps.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #40
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Ill try the suggestion of tapping block. Im also not a top player nor trying to be. I did encounter a guy who went body head body head so fast I felt paralyzed. See if tapping block helps there. I still think guys who throw tonnes of volume and miss should be penalized more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »