Home

EA Sports UFC's Third Patch Impressions and Thoughts

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC's Third Patch Impressions and Thoughts within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 12:37 PM   #17

OVR: 34
Re: EA Sports UFC's Third Patch Impressions and Thoughts

I think if they could tune block stamina to where it doesn't drain so much, things would be much better.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #18
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Same question I ask everyone who reports this problem.

Was your opponent alternating body/head while doing this, or just focusing on one level.

If he wasn't alternating, did you try strong block?

Was this online or offline?

I'm trying to formulate a recommended fix but need to be very persuasive and need all the info I can get.

Thanks.
Thanks for the response and question.

My opponent was targeting just the head. I wouldn't have felt so cheated if they were targeting multiple areas.

The spammers usually target one zone. Its either going to be just the head or just the body but the majority of the time its the head.

I seem to get caught in these situation coming up from the ground.

I have tried to strong block but I can't seem to get any kind of block up. Strong or otherwise.

These types of opponents used to just spam the jab, same hand. But now it seems like the R/L/R/L/R/L is faster.

A good combo is a good combo but a dozen strikes RLRLRLRLRLRLRLR just seems a bit unrealistic. My natural instinct is to immediately attempt a takedown since I can't get my guard up. This does help sometimes but a lot of times it'll result in me taking a shot as I lunge and it just makes it worse if not results in being rocked.

I do understand that this is not boxing and being prudent doesn't always pay off but I do feel as though if I could at least get my guard up and weather the barrage of LRLRLRLRLRLR I could capitalize on the stamina drop of my opponent.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Old 10-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Online has become a spam fest with alternating hooks. I love this game, but I might have to take a break till this is fixed. You shouldn't be able to throw 20 hooks back to back and not be gassed out. It ain't even worth trying to learn combos, when the only effective one is 20 alternating hooks, 3 second break, 20 alternating hooks, rinse and repeat. There should be some type of stamina penalty for this. Both during the round and the breaks in between. By the 3rd round you should be dead tired after throwing so many BLOCKED hooks.

Last edited by hodge2g; 10-07-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #20
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

The problem is you can mix it up with head and body using anything. Going to the body just opens your head up which further negates your ability to defend. I would say the best defense is to sway, but the leg kicks are so common now that you open your self up to free shots from this as well. Throw in latency, and you are doomed. I think if you could actually take the combo speed away from strikes where you are pushing towards the guy it would make it a lot better. Hook spam is from pushing towards your opponent.

The combo speed should be about setting up one good shot. Not trying to get off 10 good shots from the start. Taking out the lunging forward with the jab would also help.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:21 PM   #21
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

The ground game is broken. You gain stamina back while spamming get up. an emergency patch is needed to fix this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #22
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodge2g
Online has become a spam fest with alternating hooks. I love this game, but I might have to take a break till this is fixed. You shouldn't be able to throw 20 hooks back to back and not be gassed out. It ain't even worth trying to learn combos, when the only effective one is 20 alternating hooks, 3 second break, 20 alternating hooks, rinse and repeat. There should be some type of stamina penalty for this. Both during the round and the breaks in between. By the 3rd round you should be dead tired after throwing so many BLOCKED hooks.
This probably better describes what I'm running into. Only I'm also seeing the inability to block this upon getting up from the ground.

I definitely think a good series of combos should exist within the game. Perhaps even as deep as 5-6 strikes if mixed up correctly.

But this alternating LRLRLRLRLRL needs to be severely penalized both in stamina and the ability to maintain a high level of speed after so many punches.

If by the 5th-6th consecutive punch you begin to lose speed and power this would stop the spamming cold. With a drop in both speed and effectiveness you'll be forced to act with more care and caution.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Old 10-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #23

OVR: 34

It's frustrating because your instinct is to block it but when you block you lose lots of stamina. Not only that, but even when you counter this it does hardly anything.

This goes back to stamina drain for the amount of punches thrown. We are talking about 275-300 strikes being thrown in a 3 round accelerated clock fight. You shouldn't see this in a normal clock fight. It rewards the the "balls to the wall" guy and leaves no hope for the patient, disciplined approach.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:35 PM   #24
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
I'm also seeing the inability to block this upon getting up from the ground.
Anticipate the strike when standing and hold the parry buttons. Works almost every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »