Home

Grappling - Is KO mode a step backwards?

This is a discussion on Grappling - Is KO mode a step backwards? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2015, 03:33 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Grappling - Is KO mode a step backwards?

ok...nevermind...i guess. I guess I am just too hardcore of an MMA guy. I want to see Askren, Fitch and Maia type stuff....not Diego Sanchez, Ross Pearson, madness.

I think peeps are missing my point just a bit. I am ore talking about how people online in particular will evolve their game. This takes away the focus from the total game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2015, 09:57 PM   #26
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBUFC
ok...nevermind...i guess. I guess I am just too hardcore of an MMA guy. I want to see Askren, Fitch and Maia type stuff....not Diego Sanchez, Ross Pearson, madness.

I think peeps are missing my point just a bit. I am ore talking about how people online in particular will evolve their game. This takes away the focus from the total game.
I dont think people are missing your point. I just dont think your point is correct. One mode doesnt take focus away from the entire game just like Home Run Derby doesnt take away from the show or the Gauntlet doesnt take away from Madden.

Again, if people are only interested in KO mode, they werent likely to work to learn the ground game anyway. Whats more likely to happen is a casual fan will play the game because of KO mode and then decide to give the whole game a try.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:48 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont think people are missing your point. I just dont think your point is correct. One mode doesnt take focus away from the entire game just like Home Run Derby doesnt take away from the show or the Gauntlet doesnt take away from Madden.

Again, if people are only interested in KO mode, they werent likely to work to learn the ground game anyway. Whats more likely to happen is a casual fan will play the game because of KO mode and then decide to give the whole game a try.
there is no right or wrong...its an opinion. you need to chill. you are a gamechanger not the ufc god.
you have an opnion abour ko mode. yoyr opinion is more comonly agred with. thanks for sharing. i have an opinion...its different. thats ok. i dont think yiur examples are truly the same...bur it is what ir is
Old 11-26-2015, 11:41 PM   #28
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
there is no right or wrong...its an opinion. you need to chill. you are a gamechanger not the ufc god.
you have an opnion abour ko mode. yoyr opinion is more comonly agred with. thanks for sharing. i have an opinion...its different. thats ok. i dont think yiur examples are truly the same...bur it is what ir is
Opinions can be wrong. LOL. I dont know why people like you think thats the case.

I prefer opinions that are supported by some fact. Your opinion here is that this will this mode will reduce the number of people online. Now you have nothing to support that other than some belief that people who play this mode will only want to play this mode and will not try to improve and play the actual mma fights.

I disagree with that opinion. The difference is I have facts that support that opinion. Unlike you, I know what the mode actually is. I've played the mode. EA hasnt actually fully described the mode in any of its promos. So your opinion isnt backed up by complete knowledge of the mode. I'm not a UFC god. I just know more than your right now. So my opinion is more valid than yours is right now.

In a few months, you will know pretty much everything I know about the game and you may hold the same opinion. But right now, your opinion is off base.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:26 AM   #29
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Here is my only thing. Most guys online...dont know how to properly implement the ground game. Whenever I hear people say that laying and praying is hard...that to me is an example of someone not understanding the mechanic as I can keep people down for a long time if I want.

I have played many guys who are my equal are better standing but as soon as I take them down their game just isn't there. I almost feel like I am taking advantage of them when I get it to the ground (the worst is when they know me down then I end up on top bashing them into oblivion). To me the problem is people don't dedicate themselves to learning that aspect of the game. And thus it takes away from the competition.

Also...by people not evolve their ground game it makes everyones ground game worse. Steel sharpens steel...but what if everyone is made of plastic?

However, as long as that mode is limited and NOT online...I guess I am ok.
Just let me bang, bro.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:31 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Just let me bang, bro.

hilarious. go for it dude. i guess you will enjoy the mode.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:37 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Opinions can be wrong. LOL. I dont know why people like you think thats the case.

I prefer opinions that are supported by some fact. Your opinion here is that this will this mode will reduce the number of people online. Now you have nothing to support that other than some belief that people who play this mode will only want to play this mode and will not try to improve and play the actual mma fights.

I disagree with that opinion. The difference is I have facts that support that opinion. Unlike you, I know what the mode actually is. I've played the mode. EA hasnt actually fully described the mode in any of its promos. So your opinion isnt backed up by complete knowledge of the mode. I'm not a UFC god. I just know more than your right now. So my opinion is more valid than yours is right now.

In a few months, you will know pretty much everything I know about the game and you may hold the same opinion. But right now, your opinion is off base.
1. an opinion cant be wrong. because opinions arebt facts. sorry you are wrong about that..that is a fact.
2. based on your response you dont understand my opinion. could be i didnt comnunicate it clearly or there was some mental block on your end.
3. i am starting to figure out your deal and therefore wont clarify it to you as it would be like talking to a brick wall.
Good day sir
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2015, 08:07 AM   #32
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
hilarious. go for it dude. i guess you will enjoy the mode.
To be honest, I usually try to keep the fight standing most of the time. That being said, I'll still be in the regular modes the majority of the time that I play this game. This should be a very fun mode, though.

I seriously doubt that it makes a significant dent in the online population. What most MMA fans like the sport is that fights are so dynamic and can take place anywhere. KO mode is just a nice addition to mix things up a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »