Home

Grappling - Is KO mode a step backwards?

This is a discussion on Grappling - Is KO mode a step backwards? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2015, 08:39 AM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Grappling - Is KO mode a step backwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBUFC
1. an opinion cant be wrong. because opinions arebt facts. sorry you are wrong about that..that is a fact.
2. based on your response you dont understand my opinion. could be i didnt comnunicate it clearly or there was some mental block on your end.
3. i am starting to figure out your deal and therefore wont clarify it to you as it would be like talking to a brick wall.
Good day sir
Your issue is that you struggle a bit with reading comprehension. It's all good. Like I said, you don't know what the mode is so ur opinion is based off of incorrect or incomplete information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 11-27-2015, 10:21 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Your issue is that you struggle a bit with reading comprehension. It's all good. Like I said, you don't know what the mode is so ur opinion is based off of incorrect or incomplete information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Please stop with the personal attacks I am too sensitive. There is a difference between reading comprehension and disagreement. I have an idea of what the mode is as it has been explained. Its not that complicated. I just think it will impact the communities gameplay poorly. We will never know for sure because...we will have it. so we won't see what the community would look like if we did not have it. That is why it is an opinion and not a fact.

Good to see they picked such a well informed, well balanced, rational human being who has a great understanding of MMA as a game changer.

Out of curiosity...are you familiar with the term fanboy

Last edited by MLBUFC; 11-27-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:46 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
To be honest, I usually try to keep the fight standing most of the time. That being said, I'll still be in the regular modes the majority of the time that I play this game. This should be a very fun mode, though.

I seriously doubt that it makes a significant dent in the online population. What most MMA fans like the sport is that fights are so dynamic and can take place anywhere. KO mode is just a nice addition to mix things up a bit.
Thank you for this intelligent response. I hope it rubs off on others.

Anyway, I hope you are right about its impact. I fit into the column of liking dynamic fights. The truth is I don't really have a preference. I like to implement a fighters gameplan. When I am Holly Holm, McGregor,JDS, Barao Condit, Silva, Machida, etc in this game I am not even thinking of getting the fight to the ground. When I am Souza, Maia, Cormier, Mendes etc. I am 100% thinking about how to get on the ground. Most it is about mixing it up (Weidman, Rockhold, Edgar, GSP, Faber, Dillishaw, Miocic, Bendo etc).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2015, 11:11 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Please stop with the personal attacks I am too sensitive.

Uhhhh.

Anyway, anybody who spends all of their time in KO mode wasn't going to be learning the ground play anyway. This is a non-issues.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:28 PM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Please stop with the personal attacks I am too sensitive. There is a difference between reading comprehension and disagreement. I have an idea of what the mode is as it has been explained. Its not that complicated. I just think it will impact the communities gameplay poorly. We will never know for sure because...we will have it. so we won't see what the community would look like if we did not have it. That is why it is an opinion and not a fact.

Good to see they picked such a well informed, well balanced, rational human being who has a great understanding of MMA as a game changer.

Your idea is incorrect. LOL. Thats the whole point. EA hasnt released the info on what the game really is to the public. Even the people that have picked up some of the clues that Bryan Hayes dropped havent completely understood what it is yet.

I would never get upset at the sarcasm or the indirect way you try to call me a fanboy because it just shows that you are frustrated and cant debate the points at hand. So its easier to just try to personally attack me than actually acknowledge the fact that you dont have all the information you need to form an informed opinion.

I think thats the point. At OS, we prefer informed opinions. Opinions that are supported by actual fact and information. You dont seem to like that. You like to be able to spout off what ever uninformed opinion you have and get upset when someone challenges you.

See if you were a member of this site for more than a month, you would know that I actually do have a great understanding of MMA and im very well balanced and rational. I've been a member of this site almost 2 decades and been posting in the MMA forums since they were created. EA has had 2 years to see my posts and posting style and decided that I would be a good fit for the program. So I think they are happy with that choice. Sorry that you arent.

Anyway, I'll be a fanboy if you want me to. Still doesnt change the fact that you are wrong and your opinions are based on incomplete info.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:21 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Your idea is incorrect. LOL. Thats the whole point. EA hasnt released the info on what the game really is to the public. Even the people that have picked up some of the clues that Bryan Hayes dropped havent completely understood what it is yet.

I would never get upset at the sarcasm or the indirect way you try to call me a fanboy because it just shows that you are frustrated and cant debate the points at hand. So its easier to just try to personally attack me than actually acknowledge the fact that you dont have all the information you need to form an informed opinion.

I think thats the point. At OS, we prefer informed opinions. Opinions that are supported by actual fact and information. You dont seem to like that. You like to be able to spout off what ever uninformed opinion you have and get upset when someone challenges you.

See if you were a member of this site for more than a month, you would know that I actually do have a great understanding of MMA and im very well balanced and rational. I've been a member of this site almost 2 decades and been posting in the MMA forums since they were created. EA has had 2 years to see my posts and posting style and decided that I would be a good fit for the program. So I think they are happy with that choice. Sorry that you arent.

Anyway, I'll be a fanboy if you ecwant me to. Still doesnt change the fact that you are wrong and your opinions are based on incomplete info.
Cool story bro. I guess being on a gaming site for years makes you an expert. Didn't get the memo. I hope your previous posting style is what they based their decision off of. I feel bad for you for not realizing how you are coming off. It's all good. I am sure you are normally pleasant and rational. Now go ahead and get your last word

Btw....ideas and opinions aren't things that are subject to right and wrong. I guess reading comp isn't your thing either

Last edited by MLBUFC; 11-27-2015 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:43 PM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Cool story bro. I guess being on a gaming site for years makes you an expert. Didn't get the memo. I hope your previous posting style is what they based their decision off of. I feel bad for you for not realizing how you are coming off. It's all good. I am sure you are normally pleasant and rational. Now go ahead and get your last word

Btw....ideas and opinions aren't things that are subject to right and wrong. I guess reading comp isn't your thing either
Cool story bro? LOL. Come on man.

Opinions can be wrong. When they are based on incorrect or incomplete facts. Here you have incomplete facts, so your opinion is wrong.

Some reading for you:

http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/no-...pdated-7611752

I dont really care how I come off to you. I've been on this site for years. My posting style has been this way since I started. I love intelligent conversations on this site. I love opinions supported by facts or analysis. I have low tolerance for people who spout opinions without anything to back them up.

I'll give you an example since you are struggling to understand. Someone could come here and have the opinion that Ronda Rousey is the greatest MMA striker ever. That opinion would be wrong because nothing from Ronda's skill set or past fights would support that opinion. Its a baseless opinion. You seem to have a few of those.

Here is a tip: If you make an argument here, support it with facts. If someone challenges you, make counter arguments. Its simple. You originally made a point that many other people here and on other sites made about KO mode. The difference is when they were countered with information that would make that original point wrong....they accepted that they were probably wrong. You on the other hand are refusing to accept it.

Anyway, hopefully this is the last word on this. If not, we can keep going as long as you have something intelligent to say.

Last edited by aholbert32; 11-27-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:42 PM   #40
Banned

Wow...awesome. Great job finding an article. You blow me away with your insight and intelligence. I am sure that carries over beyond your great success in Internet gaming forums. You confuse winning these types of arguments with someone recognizing it's a waste to carry on with the ignorant....wait sorry that was suppose to be you getting the last word.

Anyway....my point is that time spent from the core game and the dynamic flow between striking and grappling will limit the total growth of players. Has little to do with fun. It's my opinion. Just like its my opinion that you have issues. Actually...bad example. That is clearly fact. Now get your last word in so you can feel good about yourself. You are so cool on gaming websites

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »