Home

CPU vs CPU: do you see finishes?

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU: do you see finishes? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2016, 06:19 AM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: CPU vs CPU: do you see finishes?

I just had a search on Google for this very subject, lol. I'm a serious CPU vs CPU Universer, and have been for years. So far I've simmed 22 fights spread over 3.5 cards, all on accelerated time and over a range of difficulties with the exception of Beginner, which I have yet to use. Here is what I have seen so far:

KO's--0

TKO's--4 (All G n'P from the mount)

Subs--0

Decisions--18

I had very high hopes for this game but I'm disheartened already. I may have to try simming cards on Real Time but that adds 6 minutes to each bout and with the massive roster increase I had planned to add an extra 3 fights per card but doing so in Real Time, at this rate would probably take about 4 hours! Either that or I suck at matchmaking!
Old 03-21-2016, 12:54 PM   #10
Banned

I'm 2 cards and 11 fights in on my CAF CPU vs CPU league and so far there have been 3 finishes, 1 TKO after a bad body kick, 1 KO via ground and pound, and one submission.

Based on the test fights I did prior to starting that's about the rate that I'll see finishes until people start upping their stats. I have not tested with fighters on the default roster. I use Pro difficulty and accelerated clock.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:42 PM   #11
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpaolo84
Hey so I ran an event earlier and just watched all the fights play out (except 1). It was a 7-fight card, with the match-ups as follows:

1. Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones (championship)
2. Fabricio Werdum vs Ben Rothwell (championship)
3. Conor McGregor vs Frankie Edgar (championship)
4. Chris Weidman vs Jacare Souza (3 rds)
5. Joanna J. vs Ronda Rousey (3 ds)
6. Aljamain Sterling vs Thomas Almeida (3 rds)
7. Kazushi Sakuraba vs Lyoto Machida (3 rds)

Pro difficulty
Accelerated clock

I played Conor vs Frankie and knocked Frankie out in round 3. The rest were CPU vs CPU, which all went to the decision. I was a bit concerned by this. Do you often see finishes in CPU vs CPU?

The closest I saw was Werdum vs Rothwell. Rothwell rocked Werdum a number of times during the fight, but didn't seem to have the killer instinct to go after him. Werdum eventually recovered every time, and even ended up winning the fight.

It's my first time watching the CPU vs CPU so it's a very small sample size. I'll run another event tonight, but I was just wondering if you're seeing finishes with CPU vs CPU?

Btw, the Sterling vs Almeida fight was a blast to watch, definitely my favorite out of the card. Almeida threw some sick combos, and Sterling almost won with an armbar in rd 2 and a rear-naked choke in rd 3. Almeida won via split.

Joanna, however, kept trying to take down Rousey. Yikes.
Out of curiosity, I just ran this same card with some of the patch changes that are coming up, and only the Sakuraba fight went to decision for me. The rest were submissions and TKOs. I've still got some changes to the standup coming in, so hopefully that will increase the number of KOs as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #12
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Out of curiosity, I just ran this same card with some of the patch changes that are coming up, and only the Sakuraba fight went to decision for me. The rest were submissions and TKOs. I've still got some changes to the standup coming in, so hopefully that will increase the number of KOs as well
I'm playing against the CPU myself on Hard and I'm finding a decent balance between KO/TKO's and Decisions. My KO's may even be on the high side, but I've never broken down stoppages in real life before so I'm not sure. I definitely KO the CPU more than it does me though.

Subs are a little low, but that's just because it took me like 25 fights to get my first one. Since then I'm starting to get some at a decent rate.

These are my numbers through 64 fights... I don't have them broken out with user wins vs cpu. I probably should though
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (10.9 KB, 105 views)

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 03-24-2016, 02:07 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Hey Skynet thanks for chiming in!

I've ran about 4 or 5 more CPU vs CPU events since this first one, and have had more finishes since. I changed the difficulty to Hard (don't know how much difference that makes) and kept the clock at Accelerated. Here are the results of the last event that I ran:

1. Daniel Cormier def Jon Jones (decision, 5 rds)
2. Ben Rothwell def Junior Dos Santos (decision, 3 rds)
3. Khabib Nurmagomedov def Tony Ferguson (KO, 3rd rd)
4. Gabriel Gonzaga def Derrick Lewis (KO, 3rd rd)
5. Lyoto Machida def Dan Henderson (decision, 3 rds)
6. Michael Chiesa def Beneil Dariush (decision, 3 rds)
7. Makwan Amirkhani def Yair Rodriguez (TKO, 1st rd)
8. Rose Namajunas def Tecia Torres (TKO, 1st rd)

4 out of 8 ain't bad at all. I have yet to see a submission finish though. Great to hear about an upcoming patch! I'd like to share with you some of my observations after watching close to 40 CPU vs CPU fights that you might consider (if you haven't already):

1. Lack of aggression during health events - Whenever a fighter is rocked or put in a health event while standing, the attacking fighter does not seem to be as aggressive as he/she should be. Instead of aggressively hunting for the head (or the body, in that situation), they just stand and move as they normally do and pick their shots here and there, then the health event is over. The worst is when the head is rocked but the attacker throws leg kicks or body shots only with no follow ups to the head. Sometimes they do land the KO blow (as in the KO finishes above), but most of the time there seems to be no sense of urgency or shift in strategy as there should be.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen the CPU do the "charge with punches" move that activates during a health event, where you press forward on the stick and hit the punch button repeatedly. Is this in their programming?

2. Lack of aggression in mount - Sometimes when the CPU gets into mount, they stay there for a couple of seconds, then transition into side-control. I feel like they should be staying in mount more, and fighting to keep that position. Also when in mount postured up, sometimes they just stay postured up without throwing any strikes, or just throw a strike or two, before transitioning out.

On the flip side, when the CPU does become aggressive in mount, almost every shot goes through, no matter the stamina or health of the bottom fighter. So balancing between the attack of the top fighter and the defense of the bottom fighter might be worth looking into.

These are just some observations that stuck out to me, watching CPU vs CPU on Hard difficulty. I'll run some more and see how consistent it is.

Thanks for all the hard work Skynet (and GameplayDevUFC)!
Old 03-25-2016, 09:54 PM   #14
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

This thread seems appropriate for my question. I've never been into cpu vs cpu mode on any game but for whatever reason this really appeals to me for UFC. Maybe because I'm not to good at it and just don't care to learn lol. Anyways I was wondering if cpu vs cpu is available in career mode? Or is it just the custom event creator you guys are using? I've seen some really cool excel spreadsheets to track your own "universe" but I'd love to have the age/progression/digression happen organically. Also I know next to nothing about how this game works so if I asked a really dumb question my bad lol. Just don't want to drop $60 on something that won't do what I really want it for. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:42 PM   #15
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
This thread seems appropriate for my question. I've never been into cpu vs cpu mode on any game but for whatever reason this really appeals to me for UFC. Maybe because I'm not to good at it and just don't care to learn lol. Anyways I was wondering if cpu vs cpu is available in career mode? Or is it just the custom event creator you guys are using? I've seen some really cool excel spreadsheets to track your own "universe" but I'd love to have the age/progression/digression happen organically. Also I know next to nothing about how this game works so if I asked a really dumb question my bad lol. Just don't want to drop $60 on something that won't do what I really want it for. Thanks in advance.
Hey Tdawg, sadly, you cannot do CPU vs CPU matches in career. The way you do a CPU vs CPU match is simply by not selecting a corner in a fight. In career mode, you're automatically assigned to fight as your fighter, so the option of not selecting a corner isn't there.

Previously, in UFC 1, local fight now matches were the only way of doing CPU vs CPU. With the addition of custom events in UFC 2, you can now setup up to 11 consecutive fights on a single card, so it is the best venue with which to have a CPU vs CPU 'universe.' You can still do single CPU vs CPU fights as well if you want, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »