Home

1/2 to the body spam

This is a discussion on 1/2 to the body spam within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2016, 09:18 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: 1/2 to the body spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjr86
Im getting really tired of fighting Tyson body spammers. I think the past 10 HW fights in a row were all the same. And Tyson is amazing at BJJ in this game as well somehow. I'm not very good at all in this game but man, hes got an impressive ground success rate in this game.
What exactly do you mean by "ground success rate?"
Every time ive fought a Tyson user they were finished within 2 mins of being taken down. I dont play 50 fights a day like some guys but i cant see Tysons ground game as much of an issue.
SF Mullin - Wallace
PF Kemp - Russell
C . Shaq - Hakeem
  • Most Wanted - Tim Hardaway
Old 04-25-2016, 09:49 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Mine are interrupted before they land with any power everytime post patch.
Mine as well
Old 04-25-2016, 11:05 PM   #91
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0

crazy this thread blew up. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 07:37 AM   #92
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRed529
Honestly, I ok with the combo modifier, especially post patch. The entire reason for the multiplier was to prevent people from spamming the same strike over and over, since you get rewarded for stringing together multiple strikes that are varied.

Now it is not perfect by any means, but I understand the logic behind it, or at least I think I do. I really feel like the developers were trying to do something really good for the sim crowd when they came up with this, even if it didn't work the way they had imagined.
What they could do is apply some fixes they already have all around. Let me explain.

If you throw 2 spin attacks back to back you get a stamina penalty, also if you throw the same strikes back to back you don't get combo multiply, and it honestly seems like the more success you find with 1 strike, the less it effects the opponent beyond a slight damage adjustment.

Make it so if you throw any 2 strikes back to back, there is increased stamina penalty, no reason this should only apply to spinning attacks just because that was the main moan to begin with, people shouldn't be able to abuse one technique over another, and you don't want to encourage players to spam/abuse specific techniques whether its a jab, straight, or spinning heel kick to the head.

Also, the combo multiply applies when you mix it up. So make it so it ends the moment you repeat a step. Example, he 1-2 will combo, but 1-2-1 won't, 1-2-1-2 won't, and on top of it, if you add in repeat combos drain stamina the same way repeat strikes do, then you're draining stamina for less effective strikes which deters players from abusing 1-2 combos.

This still doesn't address animations of stuns and wobbles. One fix I'd personally like to see is that stuns/wobbles happen less frequently and more randomly even with perks that increase % chance. This way you're less likely to see exploits of specific combo's where the first strike stuns/wobbles/interrupts, and the second is 100% to land.

This will make it less likely to see consistent success with repeat combos. Force players to mix it up better and become more skilled and less prone to cheese. I've had fights where lead leg kick stuns enough to be followed with a lv 4 spin kick to the head and if I fail to parry the lead leg kick which is pretty quick, and with the new parry fail can get you in even more trouble, then I'm defensless against a lv 4 head kick I see coming a mile away.

Combo multiply should only apply to unique strikes/combos, meaning its a one time use. If you throw a 1-2, then a 1-2 head kick, it doesn't combo. You've already used your 1-2 combo multiply. And TBH its debatable whether it should be in the game at all. Combo's do lead to T/KO's in real fights, rocks/stuns, KD's, but in a game you have to find balance as well when it comes to stuff like 1-2 spamming.

Hitting X, Y, X, Y repeatedly while randomly flashing LT isn't skill and anyone can do it. There has to be reasonable, logical defense / counters. Not just running/dashing away as someone suggested. Sure it works to run away and look to counter, but it barely effects their stamina as is, I lose more stamina throwing a few well timed head kicks that land than they do spamming 40 1-2's that miss.

It doesn't always work, you can parry as well, but that doesn't always work, they can often spam through either, even with low or 0 stamina, and it barely takes any stamina as is to spam, look at that vid, 14 strikes and had over 50%, but 2 spin kicks drain 100%? That's absurd, there needs to be balance.

I think they acted with haste when they decided to patch the spin attacks, and add interrupts, and didn't think about how it effects the overall striking in favor of looking at what they were trying to fix alone. They need to keep in mind complete gameplay at all times and not just fix effects, but look to fix the root source(s) of the problem(s).
Old 04-26-2016, 04:18 PM   #93
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
crazy this thread blew up. lol
Well it's a pressing issue that's all too common in ranked play
Old 04-26-2016, 04:23 PM   #94
Banned

drinklime's Arena

I keep thinking you are complaining about half the strikes landing to the body, which isn't spam at all. Then I read it again.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:28 PM   #95
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Well it's a pressing issue that's all too common in ranked play
I feel you, I also noticed someone doing this with Bruce lee last night, it was a 1-2 then a lil kick to the calf and it was rinse and repeat for a brick wall and it was soooo dam hard to do anything or get by it.

(I forgot the name of the kick ppl spam, it is that small lil side kick to the leg)

if anyone knows the name.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 04:30 PM   #96
Banned

drinklime's Arena

oblique kick

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »