Home

1/2 to the body spam

This is a discussion on 1/2 to the body spam within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #97
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1/2 to the body spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinklime
oblique kick
Thank You Sir!
Old 04-26-2016, 06:18 PM   #98
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinklime
oblique kick

Something only 10% of the roster has.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:22 PM   #99
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Something only 10% of the roster has.
You need to go play other weight divisions in this game find the door to see the true cheese, HW is to slow and hides a lot of this but when you move down the weight class, it all becomes very clear my friend.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:34 PM   #100
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if my post is irrelevant...

I'm pretty sure the new "early stops" don't happen form body punches. This isn't what is causing the supposed OPness of body 1-2s.

What might be causing it is being struck while striking decreases the damage of your strike. And this change is truly universal.

1- So, when a guy throws 1-2s to the body, he debuffs the damage you deal to him, which might be enough to negate some interruptions and greater hit stuns you'd deal with uppers and whatnot.

2- And while this is happening he is spending very little stamina to throw the body punches, while you're spamming more stamina to throw bigger strikes to his head. The stamina disadvantage might be enough to make you bail and will also have further impact on damage.

3- He can also build a combo multiplier very quickly with the 1-2s while you're comboing somewhat slower against his head, as you're trying bigger strikes. Note that using 1-2s to quickly build the combo bonus was not viable before this change, because you'd normally be interrupted by a stronger strike right off the bat.

So, the problem seems to be about a damage and stamina race; not really about interruptions. The race might end up favoring the 1-2s at some point, but I wouldn't expect it to happen early. Even at HW, I think body 1-2s would require at least 3 punches, maybe 4, if the other guy is landing strikes, too.

And if this truly is OP, "my" suggestion for a fix to it would be to make it so body punches cannot reduce the dammage of incoming strikes. ZHunter was the first to say, this, I think... or Zombie.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:41 PM   #101
Rookie

Just getting back to this game and I see that its definitely an EA game. The same broken stuff from the other games all the way back to fn3 are still here. you always have the advantage while being the fighter backing up. footwark is awful. pressure fighting isnt very viable. Arcady counter punching modifier still exists. Body jabs is used by everyone in game, and by almost no ufc fighter. sit there and body jab someone like Mcgregor, jones, overeem, or tyson they would knock your face off. In this game, it completely immobilizes you. You can not take a shot to give one. 1-2 combos is aparently how guys like hunt should be knocking people out apparently. dont hit people with something big when you can just stun lock them then uppercut. Why dont pro fighters learn from this game lol.

Last edited by bmp1113; 04-26-2016 at 07:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 11:28 PM   #102
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
You need to go play other weight divisions in this game find the door to see the true cheese, HW is to slow and hides a lot of this but when you move down the weight class, it all becomes very clear my friend.
I play other weights for league fights so I know.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:35 AM   #103
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Think I'm taking a break till this stand-up stuff is sorted. Just doesn't register in my mind as far as how it's supposed to work as it does nothing to mimic reality.

Too often I'll attempt to throw a straight but my opponent throws a jab just before and it makes my input not even register forcing a hitstun - making the game feel immensely unresponsive.

Not to mention the awkward movement, pointless head movement that recenters your head when you strike, input lag, Hercules block, hitstun mechanic.... I could go on. For those that enjoy this - good for you but I no longer can.

Extended break time.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 04-27-2016 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:44 AM   #104
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Think I'm taking a break till this stand-up stuff is sorted. Just doesn't register in my mind as far as how it's supposed to work as it does nothing to mimic reality.

Too often I'll attempt to throw a straight but my opponent throws a jab just before and it makes my input not even register forcing a hitstun - making the game feel immensely unresponsive.

Not to mention the awkward movement, pointless head movement that recenters your head when you strike, input lag, Hercules block, hitstun mechanic.... I could go on. For those that enjoy this - good for you but I no longer can.

Extended break time.
The game certainly has flaws but I do think there's some user error going on.

Do you think you could post a video of one of your fights?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »