Home

1/2 to the body spam

This is a discussion on 1/2 to the body spam within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2016, 06:52 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 1/2 to the body spam

We get it. Some of you are very good at the game and never lose. But for the people who don't play all day...the spamming just isn't fun and ruins the game somewhat.

The other 95% of players who are just normal players and are getting spammed to death...it isn't fun.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:57 PM   #74
Banned

drinklime's Arena

To be honest it's pure insanity. Stepping into the online world should be pleasant; its current state fills one with remose. What is needed is a comprehensive overhaul. Bring back EA MMA. The system was more suited to fighting. By fixing combos, we are on the right path. Looking forward to the next patch, which should bring huge changes to striking
Old 04-25-2016, 07:30 PM   #75
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyth223
We get it. Some of you are very good at the game and never lose. But for the people who don't play all day...the spamming just isn't fun and ruins the game somewhat.

The other 95% of players who are just normal players and are getting spammed to death...it isn't fun.
To be clear I am a top player (as are several posters in this thread) and even we are saying this must be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 07:32 PM   #76
Banned

drinklime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
To be clear I am a top player (as are several posters in this thread) and even we are saying this must be fixed.
I've fought FtD before and can vouch for his skill. He put up a very good fight for 5 rounds.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:33 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
So uppercuts don't stop 1-2s to the body?

Hooks/overhands don't stop 1-2s to the head?
Old 04-25-2016, 07:35 PM   #78
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207

Uppercuts don't unless you throw it prior to the first punch landing. I'm an experienced player with a record of 600-196 with Big Nog. I'm well aware of the mechanics - I'm saying the hit stun aspect is broken in regards to how it handles 1/2s to the body
Old 04-25-2016, 07:40 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Uppercuts don't unless you throw it prior to the first punch landing. I'm an experienced player with a record of 600-196 with Big Nog. I'm well aware of the mechanics - I'm saying the hit stun aspect is broken in regards to how it handles 1/2s to the body
Huh? The jab only stops the uppercut from coming out if it lands on the first few frames

You should have plenty of times to throw one if you see him dip down for the body shots.

Hooks should always work as well if they're always throwing straights.

Imo the only reason it's OP is because it stops all TDs which is fake. Strikes don't stop TDs. Footwork does
Old 04-25-2016, 07:41 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207

and to the player base that are essentially not boxers ?
We now need to discourage them via boxing ? That will work wonderfully with the athleticism.

What we're asking for is either a change so that people who spam body/head 1-2 show at least some vulnerability to being grappled. As I've said I can side step to avoid them but even with them missing I can't even get a under/over or single clinch.
In this video
https://streamable.com/4whs
The person misses a shot , has a shot parried & Strikes mid ****ing takedown but is still somehow given the chance to sprawl

I'm not sure on my rank but it's definitely top 10 in LW on UT , but I am playing against people who are able to punish you severely because they have no fear of the clinch or takedowns.
Yes they will work on weaker lesser opponents and even the top ranked guys the odd time but the advantage these people have by virtue of being able to deny clinch and takedowns as late as they do is beyond ridiculous

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »