Home

1/2 to the body spam

This is a discussion on 1/2 to the body spam within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2016, 11:52 AM   #41
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1/2 to the body spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
I really DON'T understand that some ppl doesn't think about 1-2s body spamming is big problem. I am sure, It's really big problem. I know this is a just game, not real. But We needs to be realistic gameplay because of this game is a mma game, not Mortal Kombat. Loot at the Tyson's stamina bar. He threw 13+ multi. punches over and over but he still has near to half it. Is this make sense? This is not problem about how to punish them. That's mean is the stand up mechanic is broken. At least, combo multiplier is terrible and stamina tax is a joke. Please stop your shield.
I really don't understand how the game has been out two months and people haven't figured out how to punish spammers.

MAKE THEM MISS.

A simple dash back and a modified uppercut would have put Tyson into a rock almost guaranteed. This is not advanced stuff people.

If you stand in front of someone spamming shots and they land, they won't gas. Make them miss. And don't continue to block your head when theyes are pounding your body.

Come on guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 12:11 PM   #42
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRed529
I really don't understand how the game has been out two months and people haven't figured out how to punish spammers.

MAKE THEM MISS.

A simple dash back and a modified uppercut would have put Tyson into a rock almost guaranteed. This is not advanced stuff people.

If you stand in front of someone spamming shots and they land, they won't gas. Make them miss. And don't continue to block your head when theyes are pounding your body.

Come on guys.
Good tip. I need to incorporate this more. I always feel like I have a little bit of delay though, so trying to do this sometimes actually makes it worse.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:

MAKE THEM MISS.

Come on guys.

The problem is your advice to beating a Boxer is by being a better boxer. What happens mostly is a boxer will come up against a grappler and there is no punishment to them spamming 1-2s to the body or head ...

if they go high -> clinches won't ever happen and they still get a chance to deny takedowns even after a parry
if they go low -> clinches won't happen 90% of the time , all takedowns are stopped by jabs

There is literally no deterrent other than out box them ... and due to the ******ation that is the chin/body health stats grapplers CANNOT hope to out box them.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:16 PM   #44
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

If the 1-2 did not make a brick wall when going for a takedown, I would be fine with it, but it's to OP in using it for blocking takedowns and clinches.

Just my thoughts...
Old 04-25-2016, 12:24 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:

MAKE THEM MISS.

Come on guys.
How do you feel about the combo multiplier? If people want to throw those combos by all means go ahead. But i think adding damage (on top of the base damage) based on the number of strikes landed consecutively isn't necessary. (BTW not trying to be dick just curious)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 12:32 PM   #46
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by segap
The problem is your advice to beating a Boxer is by being a better boxer. What happens mostly is a boxer will come up against a grappler and there is no punishment to them spamming 1-2s to the body or head ...

if they go high -> clinches won't ever happen and they still get a chance to deny takedowns even after a parry
if they go low -> clinches won't happen 90% of the time , all takedowns are stopped by jabs

There is literally no deterrent other than out box them ... and due to the ******ation that is the chin/body health stats grapplers CANNOT hope to out box them.
How many of you guys use modified steps to make them missue and set up takedowns? If you do this, you are almost guaranteed a TD, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A STAT ADVANTAGE.

Again, this is not advanced stuff guys. Instead of claiming something is OP, why not reach out and see if you can find ways to neutralize a successful technique that you are struggling to defend?
Old 04-25-2016, 12:33 PM   #47
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
If the 1-2 did not make a brick wall when going for a takedown, I would be fine with it, but it's to OP in using it for blocking takedowns and clinches.

Just my thoughts...
Use a modified side step and you are almost guaranteed a TD if you time it properly.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:42 PM   #48
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage8_8
How do you feel about the combo multiplier? If people want to throw those combos by all means go ahead. But i think adding damage (on top of the base damage) based on the number of strikes landed consecutively isn't necessary. (BTW not trying to be dick just curious)
Honestly, I ok with the combo modifier, especially post patch. The entire reason for the multiplier was to prevent people from spamming the same strike over and over, since you get rewarded for stringing together multiple strikes that are varied.

Now it is not perfect by any means, but I understand the logic behind it, or at least I think I do. I really feel like the developers were trying to do something really good for the sim crowd when they came up with this, even if it didn't work the way they had imagined.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »