Home

1/2 to the body spam

This is a discussion on 1/2 to the body spam within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2016, 12:44 PM   #49
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1/2 to the body spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Good tip. I need to incorporate this more. I always feel like I have a little bit of delay though, so trying to do this sometimes actually makes it worse.

Yea, latency can definitely make the striking game frustrating.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:45 PM   #50
Rookie

I consistently use side steps to make them miss the jabs/hooks but the point is even after doing that ( and fyi using more stamina than their punches) they can still block clinch attempts .... Don't even bother going for TD's unless they've decided to just stop defending since they get so much time to reverse them

Also to note , I'm not going to thai clinch or double under where I have an advantage .... I'm going for the single / over under.... Even those 50/50 clinch positions were slowed down so that it's childs play to block them

The side step stuff will work against a bad opponent who maybe hasn't seen it before. I'm fighting at generally a high level ( division 6) so it's not as if I don't understand the mechanics of what's happening
Old 04-25-2016, 12:48 PM   #51
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by segap
I consistently use side steps to make them miss the jabs/hooks but the point is even after doing that ( and fyi using more stamina than their punches) they can still block clinch attempts .... Don't even bother going for TD's unless they've decided to just stop defending since they get so much time to reverse them

Also to note , I'm not going to thai clinch or double under where I have an advantage .... I'm going for the single / over under.... Even those 50/50 clinch positions were slowed down so that it's childs play to block them

The side step stuff will work against a bad opponent who maybe hasn't seen it before. I'm fighting at generally a high level ( division 6) so it's not as if I don't understand the mechanics of what's happening
Division 5 with all 4 of my main fighters, often fighting division 6 guys with +10 overall advantages and I have never once had an issue with someone spamming body shots. Idk, I just don't get how you guys are struggling with this. Everything I have said works if used properly. Take it for what you will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 12:48 PM   #52
Rookie

Pax_Vision's Arena

This game is headed down the wrong path, especially listening to people wanting to nerf every single aspect of the game..

PSN: Pax_Vision
XBOX: PaxVision

Long Live EA Forums
Old 04-25-2016, 12:52 PM   #53
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRed529
Use a modified side step and you are almost guaranteed a TD if you time it properly.
We're obviously playing a different game. There is still plenty of time for the spammer to to get in a body jab before you can get a TD after a modified sidestep.

It's defendable in ranked but, like someone else mentioned, in UT it's not unless you are a boxer because of chin and body stat discrepancies.

There is no reason to defend the body spam. It needs fixed.

PS4- zappaforever
Old 04-25-2016, 12:55 PM   #54
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax_Vision
This game is headed down the wrong path, especially listening to people wanting to nerf every single aspect of the game..
I am worried about this too, honestly. Instead of trying to figure out ways to combat said issue, it seems a lot of people would rather run to the forum and yell "NERF!".

But I think the deck have a good grasp on things and will make the proper decisions.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:57 PM   #55
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
We're obviously playing a different game. There is still plenty of time for the spammer to to get in a body jab before you can get a TD after a modified sidestep.

It's defendable in ranked but, like someone else mentioned, in UT it's not unless you are a boxer because of chin and body stat discrepancies.

There is no reason to defend the body spam. It needs fixed.
I'm not defending anything. I'm telling you that it doesn't need fixing, at least from my experiences. Side steps work. Lunges work. Blocking the body works. I mean there are literally a ton of things you guys could use to prevent this, instead you come here and complain. I don't get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 01:12 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRed529
I'm not defending anything. I'm telling you that it doesn't need fixing, at least from my experiences. Side steps work. Lunges work. Blocking the body works. I mean there are literally a ton of things you guys could use to prevent this, instead you come here and complain. I don't get it.
Ok what I'm trying to tell you is that the tactic you're describing works against lower level opponents , even some higher level opponents.
But it will not work against someone who doesn't kick and sticks to a very formulated 1-2 combo over and over.

I can avoid 3 strikes through using side steps and then go for a clinch and they will still be able to block it , someone can throw a punch at me while I'm going for a takedown and still be able to block it ....

Here was a clip i posted recently where i set up a takedown
https://streamable.com/4whs

here opponent misses
opponent gets parried
opponent throws another strike while my head is at their ****ing hip but they still manage to get it into sprawl position.

My take down was also maxed while his TDD was 81.
"You went for a slam takedown"
Yes I did , because it was set up perfectly .... an evaded strike , a parried strike and a strike being thrown while I was mid takedown. If there is ever a time to slam takedown it's that .

Like I don't have any videos showing the side step --> clinch denials but if i meet those opponents I'll get them. Because it generally a broken system. The strikers are given far too much lee way in denying clinches/take downs

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »