Home

Side Control/ Crucifix tips

This is a discussion on Side Control/ Crucifix tips within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2016, 02:22 AM   #17
Banned

Bonezy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Side Control/ Crucifix tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Yup. The info in his second post was good, but didn't feel like responding to the condescending tone. And saying don't get taken down or don't get put in that position doesn't do me any good because that's a given. Once I'm there, then what? I'm far from a ****ty player, but there's definitely aspects of my game that I can improve. And that was what I was hoping to gain insight on here.

I'll have to work on the faking a bit more.
Faking works wonders, trust me.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:38 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonezy
Faking works wonders, trust me.
Apologies for hijacking but I don't have permission to post threads yet.

How exactly do you transition fake? I try to flick left then hold right (as an example) but my fighter just holds the left transition (without the bar filling because I've let go) and I just get denied and lose the stamina.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2016, 06:59 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
Apologies for hijacking but I don't have permission to post threads yet.

How exactly do you transition fake? I try to flick left then hold right (as an example) but my fighter just holds the left transition (without the bar filling because I've let go) and I just get denied and lose the stamina.

Thanks
Just flick it.. Then do a transition in either the same direction or a different one. The concept is that the person is waiting for you to move, when you begin the move they'll go to deny it by which time you've already stopped moving there by wasting their denial.... Then they have the option of striking to hopefully interrupt your transition or transitioning faster to a different position.

An example would be and relevant since this is about SC. If you're in SC SUB fake to half guard, then attempt to get up or single leg to the opposite side. The DOM fighter if he tried to deny your transition to half guard hopefully wasn't quick enough so the option is to either transition to mount or side saddle ( since you're still moving so crucifix isn't an option).

It's why I really like the ground game, I feel it's so much like chess with different options for different situations

FYI you can still be denied and reversed with fake transitions.... There is nothing more annoying in life
Old 05-07-2016, 11:14 AM   #20
Banned

When you have nerds like Zhunter who just dedicate themselves to exploiting the op side control you're screwed since you block fakes too.

Community is full of bums exploiting whatever they can. Played one kid who spammed the free diving punch off a get up from guard.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:20 PM   #21
Rookie

About Crucifix: I think that should be the only position where you are unable to block, since both arms are trapped. If a fighter IRL is inside the Crucifix, the fight is almost over with a guy like Velasques on top. Compared to that, I don't think that the Crucifix in game is OP.
If I have someone in the Crucifix I'm barely able to strike. I don't get, why the transition of the bottom guy makes me unable to strike. So, as long as he spams transitions, even having no stamina, I cannot hit him. Also I feel that the arm trap in this position is way to easy to get. It helps draining your opponents stamina a lot, which is the real problem here I guess.
If the bottom player escapes he has lost at least half of his stamina in the first round, or all in later rounds ending in bottom side control. Beeing not able to block there is just ridiculous. Deny windows are huge on top SC, and to make it even worse, you are in danger of a deadly kimura. So I agree on what segap said: beeing in bottom SC is way worse than get mounted. I think this is the real OP position. And its hard to avoid it at times, since there are many takedowns which are ending up there right away. Beeing able to block from bottom SC would make a huge difference. Really have no idea, why they left this out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2016, 04:44 AM   #22
Banned

Bonezy's Arena

Came up against a guy that did this to me and he couldn't hold me there. Going to sprawl from side control can't be defended if you have full stamina and you time it right.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:15 PM   #23
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_Face
When you have nerds like Zhunter who just dedicate themselves to exploiting the op side control you're screwed since you block fakes too.

Community is full of bums exploiting whatever they can. Played one kid who spammed the free diving punch off a get up from guard.

Use the upkick as they throw the diving punch from guard.

#usererror
Old 05-08-2016, 07:07 PM   #24
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

How do you arm trap?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »