Home

Your biggest annoyances with EA UFC 2?

This is a discussion on Your biggest annoyances with EA UFC 2? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2016, 12:39 AM   #81
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Your biggest annoyances with EA UFC 2?

Being stuck in a nonsensical loop of uppercut hit stun animations in center of octagon, unable to do anything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2016, 02:13 AM   #82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Being stuck in a nonsensical loop of uppercut hit stun animations in center of octagon, unable to do anything
Yup. Someone will throw four straight uppercuts to your dome and you can't do a damn thing about it. Oh, and they won't lose hardly any stamina either.

smh.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:21 AM   #83
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUINT
So far my biggest annoyance has been losing to a guy in Ultimate that did nothing the entire fight but stiff jab me to death.

I am not the greatest by any means,but I have worked hard to get better by watching tons of stuff on youtube.Ground game what to do,clinch,top 10 combos and they have helped out alot.But even with all of that extra knowledge it wasn't enough to compete against him.

I think out of 250 strikes thrown,he might have throw 5 that were not a stiff jab at me.(I think he landed like half)

I tried to lunge in and throw a combo but even if I got off first I was eating jabs immediately after.I tried to get my jab off first (mines the bruce lee lunge looking thingy) and go jab for jab but his would again negate mine immediately.I would throw a body kick and land but he would lunge in and jab me right after.I tried taking him down but the jab would stop them.It was quite embarrassing lol

I am a measly 69 ovr with very little in the way of moves.If I had a lead bodykick I would have tried it but I don't and nothing I have seemed to keep him at range.

I even tried for a round to stay away and let him gas out but being nothing but jabs it did nothing to hurt his stamina.His record was 7-1 when the fight was over so I don't feel to bad being there were 6 others that lost to this as well

And yes I was parrying them constantly and throwing back after but it was pointless.EVERYTHING I tried the stiff jab was negating.

It really sucks that im putting all this effort into the game to get better and I swear it feels like im getting worse some games
This is probably my biggest complaint. I hate this. No matter what I do, or what I try, if i'm even grazed with a damn jab my guy seizes up like he's about to die and everything stops. In close, far away, in the middle of a combo, doesn't matter, if I'm tapped with a jab everything just comes to a halt. This only makes people do the X, Y, (XB1) or Square, triangle ( Ps4) spam over and over. I get strike intercepting, but this looks stupid. Plus the hit stuns for ONE jab or straight is just insane. I was fighting with Anthony Pettis tonight, first round, no damage, and someone jabs me and I go flying back two steps and my head almost hits the mat. WTF is that.

Also take into account that you LOSE NO STAMINA throwing a jab or a straight, and it's not rare to see HEAVYWEIGHTS throwing 150 punches plus a round with hardly any stamina loss.

All EA has done with this strike intercept system is make it where people do one thing.

X Y
X Y
X Y

In the middle of a combo? Nahhh X Y, you're dead.

Just hit two modified strikes and didn't get a hit stun? Wait a minute, cause your opponent is about to hit X, Y and get one.

Stuff sucks.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:45 AM   #84
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Old 05-21-2016, 03:40 AM   #85
Rookie

I was fighting a guy last night on unranked he was Mike Tyson and I was Jimi Manuwa and he hit me with a combo that literally froze me.

No exaggeration I couldn't move, block or strike and he landed like 4 or 5 shots while I was frozen. This has never happened to me before but it was hella annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2016, 04:05 AM   #86
Rookie

The lack of accuracy on the gameface feature and the fact that it doesnt let you add eyebrows on your fighter or see an in game preview before importing it into the game
Old 05-21-2016, 04:57 AM   #87
Rookie

Quote:

lol, this made me laugh.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:59 AM   #88
Rookie

Please give us the option to eyepoke our opponents to combat the hitstun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »