Home

Your biggest annoyances with EA UFC 2?

This is a discussion on Your biggest annoyances with EA UFC 2? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 07:59 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Your biggest annoyances with EA UFC 2?

So far my biggest annoyance has been losing to a guy in Ultimate that did nothing the entire fight but stiff jab me to death.

I am not the greatest by any means,but I have worked hard to get better by watching tons of stuff on youtube.Ground game what to do,clinch,top 10 combos and they have helped out alot.But even with all of that extra knowledge it wasn't enough to compete against him.

I think out of 250 strikes thrown,he might have throw 5 that were not a stiff jab at me.(I think he landed like half)

I tried to lunge in and throw a combo but even if I got off first I was eating jabs immediately after.I tried to get my jab off first (mines the bruce lee lunge looking thingy) and go jab for jab but his would again negate mine immediately.I would throw a body kick and land but he would lunge in and jab me right after.I tried taking him down but the jab would stop them.It was quite embarrassing lol

I am a measly 69 ovr with very little in the way of moves.If I had a lead bodykick I would have tried it but I don't and nothing I have seemed to keep him at range.

I even tried for a round to stay away and let him gas out but being nothing but jabs it did nothing to hurt his stamina.His record was 7-1 when the fight was over so I don't feel to bad being there were 6 others that lost to this as well

And yes I was parrying them constantly and throwing back after but it was pointless.EVERYTHING I tried the stiff jab was negating.

It really sucks that im putting all this effort into the game to get better and I swear it feels like im getting worse some games

Last edited by SQUINT; 05-18-2016 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:27 PM   #58
MVP

parry spammers

combo multiplier
Old 05-18-2016, 08:28 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Ya, I don't really watch any of his YouTube stuff or any person who post YouTube stuff on the forums. Not my thing.

Pretty much I go to work, play UFC 2 and have so much fun and then post on forum my issues with the game or just talk with ppl and make jokes.
I started watching his stuff to see what the weakness of that style is, Watch alot of others too.

Usually you can pick up stuff like what works against certain styles which is good but I mostly play unranked now just have Gil v Sanchez wars! Haha.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:59 PM   #60
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

No weak block. I found it easier to throw offense against weak block than being forced to attack the body. Stamina regeneration while holding block isn't my cup of tea.

A lot of the issues people have with this game would disappear with the return of weak block. I doubt people would clinch nearly as much, and the dumb nonsensical ways people try to build up multiplier wouldn't work.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:08 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
No weak block. I found it easier to throw offense against weak block than being forced to attack the body. Stamina regeneration while holding block isn't my cup of tea.

A lot of the issues people have with this game would disappear with the return of weak block. I doubt people would clinch nearly as much, and the dumb nonsensical ways people try to build up multiplier wouldn't work.
I think they will go back to that, I was just saying not everyone has the reaction times of the top players but them top players are a minority, the game is made a success by the people who just want to pick the controller and have some fun.

It is near impossible for them players to compete on this game if that doesn't change i see it going down the FN road. Which would be a shame.

Know your audience, all the people that bought the game deserve to have fun not just the top 5%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 10:59 PM   #62
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Why does your stamina regen while you block? In UFC 1, your stamina wouldn't regen at all if you were blocking. Why did they change that?

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 05-19-2016, 05:50 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleManiac
For me the game just isn't fun enough to sit down and play to practice, so I'm always outmatched whenever I play online. In the THQ UFC games they were fun as hell to play offline, so I played offline a bunch and got really good before going online. With the EA UFC games the offline is pointless and just not fun at all, you can use exploits to beat the PC so you never really get to challenge yourself.

Then you go online and it's just exploit city

This guy only wants to fight in the clinch

This guy only wants to back away the whole fight

This guy only wants to spam subs until he finally gets one

Even when I am able to counter and beat guys who do stuff like that it just isn't fun. The ground game feels like a series of quick time events so whenever the fight hits the mat I just want off the ground as soon as possible (I was a ground fighter in UFC 3 too). The stand up game just seems like a race to see who can jab and back away better.

I just don't have fun with this game, which is unfortunate because I have had tons of fun with UFC games in the past. This will be the first UFC game I have ever bought that I will be trading for a different game, I have tried really hard to find interest in the game but at this point it's just frustrating and kind of a pain to play.
This pretty much sums up everything. Even when I'm winning in this game it feels like too much work.

In EA UFC 1 I felt like I had way more fun.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:18 AM   #64
Rookie

-host disadvantage when opponent is lagger
-tutorial sucks in general doesn't explain any complicated mechanics
-clinch and clinch strikes and instant thai clinch button is biggest bullcrap I have ever seen in game ever. first it s static as hell, it doesn't like UFC at all, it totally kills standup, and clinch spammer are free to do it over and over again without any worry when u deny it
-ground game is slighty better than UFC 1 but it still sucks
-combo multiplier needs to be changed, it turned standup into turn based thing also
-there needs to be autolunge for some strikes or kicks needs to be tuned down, or add more counters.. general whole standup needs rebalance, because online it comes down to people not engaging and just long distance one or two types kick spamming

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »