Home

Last 2 things needing to be patched

This is a discussion on Last 2 things needing to be patched within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2016, 04:51 PM   #33
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Last 2 things needing to be patched

here is the Block mechanics and how to break block fast:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2048275459
Old 07-05-2016, 04:54 PM   #34
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Sorry but I don't buy the argument that High Block isn't OP; even though both Webbington and Sugta make some good points, it's not enough to overcome the massively OP high block in this game.

Poor quality --- but here's Jeremy Stephens KOing RDA with an uppercut right up thru the guard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZLDDEglJ58

Was that b/c RDA blocked 800 strikes with his left arm; thus it was 'red' and couldn't absorb it?

NOPE

It went right thru the block; just like sometimes hooks go right around.

This is not possible in this game due to physics/programming limitations. Fine. Assuming that won't change til UFC 3 ---

i.e.

If EA will not create a more dynamic type of block --- up/down is the only option --- then the power of that block must be reduced significantly ---

I say about a 20% reduction from where it is now would be OK. Perhaps as high as 30%. You would still be able to block a few big shots when you're rocked...but not an invincible force field; especially against guys with perks that help. For example, I think three of Iceman's perks are for Finishing the Fight --- extra speed to strikes; extra damage; and less stamina drain; when opponent is rocked.

It doesn't matter!!! He still can't break opponent's guard worth ****

So, 3 wasted perks for him! lol

You can 'reduce' the power of high block a few ways

- limbs turn red more quickly

- more damage bleeds thru

- or better yet, certain strikes in a combination will FULLY break the guard more often than others (i.e. a 1-2-uppercut combo --- the 1-2 might be blocked; but uppercut will blow right thru the block, if defender doesn't adjust)---

Or a combo of all 3

To say that High Block isn't OP (or perhaps even outright broken) just means you're in denial lol

I still prefer it to Weak Block from UFC 1 though BIG TIME
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 07-05-2016, 04:58 PM   #35
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
here is the Block mechanics and how to break block fast:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2048275459
In response I wrote the following on that thread (but thought I'd re-post here)

Looks simple enough

but try doing what was done in that video when the other guy is a top 100 fighter throwing massive combos at you and get back to me ---- lol

I definitely know where you're coming from and definitely agree that focusing on one side vs. another *would* be a good strategy *if* there was more bleedthru and/or the limbs became red about 20-30% more quickly.

But it's almost impossible to break down the guard of someone who is actually good at the game --- without totally blowing your stamina
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2016, 05:28 PM   #36
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Sorry but I don't buy the argument that High Block isn't OP; even though both Webbington and Sugta make some good points, it's not enough to overcome the massively OP high block in this game.

Poor quality --- but here's Jeremy Stephens KOing RDA with an uppercut right up thru the guard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZLDDEglJ58

Was that b/c RDA blocked 800 strikes with his left arm; thus it was 'red' and couldn't absorb it?

NOPE

It went right thru the block; just like sometimes hooks go right around.

This is not possible in this game due to physics/programming limitations. Fine. Assuming that won't change til UFC 3 ---

i.e.

If EA will not create a more dynamic type of block --- up/down is the only option --- then the power of that block must be reduced significantly ---

I say about a 20% reduction from where it is now would be OK. Perhaps as high as 30%. You would still be able to block a few big shots when you're rocked...but not an invincible force field; especially against guys with perks that help. For example, I think three of Iceman's perks are for Finishing the Fight --- extra speed to strikes; extra damage; and less stamina drain; when opponent is rocked.

It doesn't matter!!! He still can't break opponent's guard worth ****

So, 3 wasted perks for him! lol

You can 'reduce' the power of high block a few ways

- limbs turn red more quickly

- more damage bleeds thru

- or better yet, certain strikes in a combination will FULLY break the guard more often than others (i.e. a 1-2-uppercut combo --- the 1-2 might be blocked; but uppercut will blow right thru the block, if defender doesn't adjust)---

Or a combo of all 3

To say that High Block isn't OP (or perhaps even outright broken) just means you're in denial lol

I still prefer it to Weak Block from UFC 1 though BIG TIME
I though about it and post the solution for this for UFC 3 - OFFENSIVE SIDE STEP (OSS)! OSS will give you a huge advantage from being on opponent's side and ALL (!) your strikes (left or right) are landed on the same on ONE opponent's hand increasing the damage it recieved!
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...scussions.html

2 types of SIDE STEPS:
EA UFC 2 has 2 types of Side steps (LS click and with L1) which are not too different in usage.
This Striking concept will bring 2 absolutely different side steps:

1. DEFENSIVE SIDE STEP (DSS):
Click LS up/down
- will have a bit wider range that we have now
- has evasive properties against linear and half circular attacks if stepped in right direction away from the strike (check opponent’s foot position = skill).
- after well timed DSS opponent’s strike whiffed > I have SA for punish
- failed DSS (mistimed) has shorter range and animation , may be another sound (for checking)
- I think devs needs to remove Stamina level effect on DSS (lower stamina = slower DSS) to make it more stable (we have stamina depending strikes – this is enough)
Anti DSS:
- delayed strike to break his DSS timing (when evasive phase of DSS is gone)
- full circular and appropriate half circular strikes
- all grappling moves (Clinch, TD).
Effect from getting hit on failed DSS:
- increased dmg bonus as a Major counter = more hit stun.
Conditions: negative SA (to evade attacks).

2. OFFENSIVE SIDE STEP (OSS):
Click LS up/down + L1
- will have a bit another animation and sound (for checking), wider range
- has NOT any evasive properties at all! All strikes and Grappling moves are hitting OSS and causing Major counter
- but if the opponent is not making strikes/Grappling moves (Clinch, TD), is moving or stand still or stand Blocking – I will be on his Side after OSS (I will get Side step situation and all advantages from it), so OSS is a perfect anti Turtle tool (against players who back pedal with blocking). And bring more depth and difference into Striking stand up, also will bring truly 3D fighting.
- I think devs needs to remove Stamina level effect on OSS (lower Stamina = slower OSS) to make it more stable (we have stamina depending strikes – this is enough).
Conditions to OSS: neutral or positive SA (to increase SA and solve Turtling fighters. For ex after gaining some SA (by hit, opponent whiff naturally not by DSS, after blocking his strike) i perform OSS to increase my SA and to get opportunity to Block break go to defense opponent.

Last edited by SUGATA; 07-05-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:17 PM   #37
Rookie

I agree the block should wear down faster, which would force fighters to use more movement, sways, and parries. The damage from hurt limbs also should remain longer, especially from leg kicks.

However, do I love opponents who hug high block because I have always loved body shots anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »