Home

New and Easy Idea For Submissions

This is a discussion on New and Easy Idea For Submissions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2016, 08:28 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: New and Easy Idea For Submissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccclan
Hopefully the dev will read this and give some insight into if this is a good idea or if it's possible. I'd also like feedback from players. My idea is submission openings via what the opponent does. Submissions are often the result of a mistake by the opponent opening a certain area, they call BJJ human chess for a reason. I think a system in which we can look for submissions (maybe make these submission two gates) based off reacting, just like the couple reversals in the game that we do have, but more in depth. Here are some examples I can think of:

1. Armbar from mount postured up.
Anybody that trains BJJ can tell you that having your elbows high while in mount is an armbar death sentence. So in this case, when the mount SUB holds block to block the punches, this cause his elbows to elevate off the mat. Then, the mount DOM can go for a quick arm bar.

2. Triangle for guard posture down.
In this case, the guard DOM will attempt to pass to half guard by pressing the leg down, like the current animation. Since the arm is already applying pressure to one leg, the guard SUB could have an opportunity to push that arm through to try a triangle.

3. D'arce for Half guard DOM any posture.
In this case, the half guard SUB will attempt a back take or a sweep using their underhook. The half guard Dom will have an opportunity to wizard the underhook and slide it under the SUB neck for a D'arce chance.

3. Arm triangle from side control DOM.
In this case, when side control SUB goes to block punches (which currently aren't in the game) his far side arm will come up, similar to the block animation from side saddle. This will open up a chance to set up an arm triangle.

There are already many transition reaction counters, like the pass to side control if the guard SUB tries the getup animation to the left or right, or the double under counter off a takedown. Also there are a few submission reaction counters like takedown counters and the sprawl guillotine. Therefore, I don't think this would be hard to add for the next game at all. I know they will probably focus on striking, but if they leave the ground game the way it is and just add dozens of new animations and stuff, specifically the kind I mentioned to it, I'd be happy and content.
Good ideas.

Even if the exact submissions aren't used the global idea of creating a way to capitalize on openings makes a lot of sense. For each (or many) transitions in the game, there should be a small and safer move, and a high risk/high reward move in which a submission is often a counter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »