Home

EA UFC 3 wishlist thread

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 wishlist thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-25-2017, 10:39 PM   #545
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 wishlist thread

I’m more focused on the story mode portion having nostalgic “longing” for a return of Def Jam Fight 4NY type of story.

I wish UFC 3 will have a very deep career / story mode where I can select even my characters’s voice like DJF4NY, select a dual archetype (example, boxing as main discipline and BJJ as secondary), have interesting cutscenes (with option to skip for those that don’t like story mode), and very, very hard and intelligent AI that I would lose all the time if I’m not strategic - all these, wow!

EA, wake me up when you have these fulfilled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 07:38 PM   #546
Rookie

I want instant replays.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:01 PM   #547
Rookie

I really hope they improve the "finish the fight" mechanic and the ground and pound, they feel so unnatural and the animations are horrible in UFC 2. UFC UD3 had them on point imo.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:51 PM   #548
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

If Magomedsharipov isn't in the game we need more characters allowed for caf names, right now his last name doesn't fit.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:09 AM   #549
Banned

I keep talking about For Honor in relation to the UFC series, and here's a brief example of one of their devs talking about season 4. Keep in mind, that's just season 4 of their game plan, which was to offer support for over a year, which comes in form of new characters, and loads of gameplay fixes. Just look at how closely they have the pulse of their community. Keep in mind, that's not For Honor 2. That's just talking about changes from Season to Season.

What kinds of changes will you be making to the fighting system? Which issues are you specifically targeting, and what differences will players notice when attacking a defender?

RCO: "The core thing is, these improvements are targeted for the Duel experience, because in 4v4 group fight scenarios, there’s no such thing as defense being too powerful. The main thing is, we must not break that balance between Duel and the 4v4 experience. The thing that we want to do is reward the attacking player more. We want to make attacking a little bit less of a risk, and we want to make defense more of a commitment, and a greater risk.

So for example, every time you attack or have one of your attacks parried, you lose stamina – and today in the game, being out of stamina does not make players vulnerable enough. So that’s something we are targeting, and we want to make players who are out of stamina more vulnerable. In the same way, we are buffing chip damage. So every time you block, you take a small percentage of damage, which used to be around 5 to 10%. And we bumped it to 18%. So if you are too defensive, if you’re blocking too many attacks, you’re gonna take more damage.

One of the things that we’re doing at really high levels, where we have really strong players, they are able to parry almost all the actions of the game. And so what is really interesting is it becomes a mind game; I’m baiting you to make the first move so I can parry you, etc. So that’s cool, we want to keep it, but parry was giving you too much of an advantage with the guaranteed guard break after that, which could lead potentially to a one-hit kill if there is a ledge or something like that. So we are nerfing the advantage that you get from a parry a little bit. You won’t be able to have a free guard break, for instance, out of a parry. So there’s a lot of small changes like that that we are making. That’s why it’s more a rebalance of those actions; we are not adding new actions. The goal is to give a little bit more reward to attacking, and make defending a little less safe."

-------------------------------------------------

I feel like my greatest wish would be to see that kind of support. This kind of support is why something like Rainbow Six Siege is still going very strong two years in, and why For Honor is probably going to follow in its footsteps. Keep in mind, that's basically a fantasy medieval fighting game, it's not exactly a "sim", though everything you see in it is based off of real fighting techniques and history. And you can actually tell that from playing the game. Oh how I wish UFC felt this way. It's not even just the support, it's how closely they listen to their actual community.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:32 PM   #550
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
I keep talking about For Honor in relation to the UFC series, and here's a brief example of one of their devs talking about season 4. Keep in mind, that's just season 4 of their game plan, which was to offer support for over a year, which comes in form of new characters, and loads of gameplay fixes. Just look at how closely they have the pulse of their community. Keep in mind, that's not For Honor 2. That's just talking about changes from Season to Season.

What kinds of changes will you be making to the fighting system? Which issues are you specifically targeting, and what differences will players notice when attacking a defender?

RCO: "The core thing is, these improvements are targeted for the Duel experience, because in 4v4 group fight scenarios, there’s no such thing as defense being too powerful. The main thing is, we must not break that balance between Duel and the 4v4 experience. The thing that we want to do is reward the attacking player more. We want to make attacking a little bit less of a risk, and we want to make defense more of a commitment, and a greater risk.

So for example, every time you attack or have one of your attacks parried, you lose stamina – and today in the game, being out of stamina does not make players vulnerable enough. So that’s something we are targeting, and we want to make players who are out of stamina more vulnerable. In the same way, we are buffing chip damage. So every time you block, you take a small percentage of damage, which used to be around 5 to 10%. And we bumped it to 18%. So if you are too defensive, if you’re blocking too many attacks, you’re gonna take more damage.

One of the things that we’re doing at really high levels, where we have really strong players, they are able to parry almost all the actions of the game. And so what is really interesting is it becomes a mind game; I’m baiting you to make the first move so I can parry you, etc. So that’s cool, we want to keep it, but parry was giving you too much of an advantage with the guaranteed guard break after that, which could lead potentially to a one-hit kill if there is a ledge or something like that. So we are nerfing the advantage that you get from a parry a little bit. You won’t be able to have a free guard break, for instance, out of a parry. So there’s a lot of small changes like that that we are making. That’s why it’s more a rebalance of those actions; we are not adding new actions. The goal is to give a little bit more reward to attacking, and make defending a little less safe."

-------------------------------------------------

I feel like my greatest wish would be to see that kind of support. This kind of support is why something like Rainbow Six Siege is still going very strong two years in, and why For Honor is probably going to follow in its footsteps. Keep in mind, that's basically a fantasy medieval fighting game, it's not exactly a "sim", though everything you see in it is based off of real fighting techniques and history. And you can actually tell that from playing the game. Oh how I wish UFC felt this way. It's not even just the support, it's how closely they listen to their actual community.
Absolver is also pretty great.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:48 PM   #551
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyzz
I really hope they improve the "finish the fight" mechanic and the ground and pound, they feel so unnatural and the animations are horrible in UFC 2. UFC UD3 had them on point imo.
Kind of irrelevant, but i never really got to play UD3 in depth.

With that said, after watching tons of videos and martial mind constantly uploading and showcasing what a beutiful game it is, i just dusted off my ps3 to play Red Dead Redemption and suprisingly Sony has released an update where the PS3 supports a PS4 controller.

I downloaded the EA MMA trial and i was playing it for 2-3 days and i couldn't believe that this game still held-up and looked so nice for a ps3 game.

So I finally i ordered a used copy of UFC Undisputed 3 from Amazon for 20€ , after playing EA MMA and realising that PS3 games are still holding up.

Anyways, It should be here in a week and i am so hyped to play it in depth for the first time. Hopefully nothing important comes out from EA UFC 3 in the next month and spoil it for me

Last edited by manliest_Man; 10-04-2017 at 12:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2017, 03:49 PM   #552
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Kind of irrelevant, but i never really got to play UD3 in depth.

With that said, after watching tons of videos and martial mind constantly uploading and showcasing what a beutiful game it is, i just dusted off my ps3 to play Red Dead Redemption and suprisingly Sony has released an update where the PS3 supports a PS4 controller.

I downloaded the EA MMA trial and i was playing it for 2-3 days and i couldn't believe that this game still held-up and looked so nice for a ps3 game.

So I finally i ordered a used copy of UFC Undisputed 3 from Amazon for 20€ , after playing EA MMA and realising that PS3 games are still holding up.

Anyways, It should be here in a week and i am so hyped to play it in depth for the first time. Hopefully nothing important comes out from EA UFC 3 in the next month and spoil it for me
Enjoy dude! Be sure to try out the Event Mode. There's a glitch you can use to play all weight classes off against each other so Jon Jones vs Brock Lesnar etc.

Also, play SIM mode!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »