Home

Will strikers be able to defeat ground Caesars more easily?

This is a discussion on Will strikers be able to defeat ground Caesars more easily? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2017, 01:57 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Will strikers be able to defeat ground Caesars more easily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
Well stated. I agree with your synopsis. People who spammed mindless takedowns & clinch are going to have to actually learn how to play an MMA game. The stamina should take care of a lot of this, the vulnerability (obviously), the reworks to clinch control, and the takedown denial that was changed ever so slightly. Not sure I can say what that change was, but you'll see soon enough.
great stuff to hear. I hope all the devs goals are to make an enjoyable game that in the end people dont spam, Yet put everything together beautifully like TJ or mighty mouse. i dont mind grappling at all, Personally i loved rubber guard elbows and fav finish was the half guard d'arce. Just people literally constantly shooting or clinching making you hesitate to throw more than 2 strikes at a time makes it not enjoyable
Old 11-25-2017, 02:01 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyney00
Listen I'm a ground fighter but only because the stand up was not the most viable way to win in Ufc 2. The only intelligence in the game was factored in to ground. It won't matter when I apply my gaming savvy to striking. You'll be able to pick your poison at that point. I truly can't want. Those guys that you hate on the ground are going to wreck you in stand up now... I promise.
from someone division 8 967-49 i can say almost every grappler used cheese lol. Didnt flow with transitions and get creative. Always the power double to mount or side control. And if they do transition its to a spot where they are extremely good at. Little skill involved in that. Not saying you're one of them bt dont defend "those guys" because 90% dont have skill or mma knowledge
Old 11-25-2017, 02:55 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aust9n
lol my UT record is like 900-50 and over my experiences and getting better i started clowning those guys. Would shred their head, be scared to finish them because i wanted to get more points and wrek them more so i would start body hunting. UGH HOW TRIGGERED IT WOULD MAKE ME LANDING 40O STRIKES AND GETTING SUBBED IN ROUND 5 BECAUSE I DIDNT FINISH THE 8 TIMES I KNOCKED HIM DOWN hahaha
I feel you man. It was just a quickmatch. He had a 100 overall everything fighter and was not trying to throw them hands lol. I felt like I was in the Woodley Vs Maia match. And the one and only time he knocked me down the tko recovery bar was going super slow lol

I'd love to fight someone trying to do that on EA UFC 3 I'll catch them coming in guaranteed. I'm really looking forward to what kinds of styles I'll run into with EA UFC 3. So much new stuff with many new ways to defend or attack stand up is going to be crazy man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 04:29 AM   #12
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

This might be the biggest question to be answered by the beta. It's hard to test the balance between grappling and striking, when the striking is revamped and all you wanna do is bang. But during the beta, with many people playing and being competitive, hopefully we will have enough heroes who will prioritize grappling, so we can make a proper comparison.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:27 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aust9n
from someone division 8 967-49 i can say almost every grappler used cheese lol. Didnt flow with transitions and get creative. Always the power double to mount or side control. And if they do transition its to a spot where they are extremely good at. Little skill involved in that. Not saying you're one of them bt dont defend "those guys" because 90% dont have skill or mma knowledge
You were playing UT if I remember correctly? The cheese has to be a whole different level there! I'll be doing ranked roster fighters only as I enjoy knowing what style of fighter I'm going to be dealing with. I don't feel to cheesy on the ground. You'd have to get under my skin for me to do something like hold you in back sitting. So looking forward to this game.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:33 PM   #14
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
This might be the biggest question to be answered by the beta. It's hard to test the balance between grappling and striking, when the striking is revamped and all you wanna do is bang. But during the beta, with many people playing and being competitive, hopefully we will have enough heroes who will prioritize grappling, so we can make a proper comparison.
lol

Not sure how heroic it is, but I'm going to squeeze every drop outta the ground game to see what has (or hasn't) been worked on
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 11-25-2017, 04:33 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Solid I remember you from the ea mma days! Don't worry I will be there with Khabib just waiting for the right moment to put people on their back and ride them like a sheltie pony... that being said I'm also excited to get caught standing too long on the feet with the likes of McGregor and getting koed for my troubles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 06:56 PM   #16
Banned

The only thing terrible about the ground game is you can get put into back side control with no stamina after being rocked. Oh, and the fact that in some positions the guy on bottom can keep flicking the stick to prevent you from striking and forces you to transition to a different spot even if they have no stamina.

That's it. You should be able to block some damage from side control but other than that it's not that hard, guys. If you know the transition momentum advantages it becomes a lot easier to get out from bottom (and to dominate).

You wouldn't believe how many people I can KO from full ****ing guard. You will never see me get slept from that position unless we ended up there from the feet somehow. Those dudes probably thought I was "cheesing" too, but they were just horrible. Most people are garbage on the ground. That's the way it's always been since UFC 2009. You crush them and they'll send you a message saying, "yeah but I hit you a couple times standing up so you had to take me to the ground to win. I'm better". Go play Fight Night if you think that way.

The stand up in this game is an all day buffet of crap mechanics. It's very rarely a test of skill between two players, but rather who can get their 1-2 double body kick off first. The ground game has always been a sign of thoughtful and intelligent game play and players. Every rando online just wants to stand and trade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »