Home

Will strikers be able to defeat ground Caesars more easily?

This is a discussion on Will strikers be able to defeat ground Caesars more easily? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2017, 09:52 PM   #25
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will strikers be able to defeat ground Caesars more easily?

I suppose the LEC is a good replacement, though. Hope they'll be able tto carry on with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 12:58 PM   #26
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyney00
Listen I'm a ground fighter but only because the stand up was not the most viable way to win in Ufc 2. The only intelligence in the game was factored in to ground. It won't matter when I apply my gaming savvy to striking. You'll be able to pick your poison at that point. I truly can't want. Those guys that you hate on the ground are going to wreck you in stand up now... I promise.
Well not all the guys who chose to take the fight to the ground at the first opportunity given can fight standing up,I've tested this theory several times,but you are right that some of the guys who had good stand up would still go to the ground because it was much easier to win on the ground against a guy with no ground game as opposed to standing and banging. My ground game still needs a little work,gotta get better at learning to read transitions,so I usually tried to keep it standing up so my stand up got way better in UFC 2 over UFC 1 but if I fought somebody with good ground skills it usually didn't end well for me lol.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:25 PM   #27
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

With UFC 2, I generally only went to the ground when I realize I'm dealing with a clinch spammer. Certain transitions in that position make take downs pretty easy and they start thinking more about spamming the clinch if they can get up. I'd shoot more if the sprawl position was better.

But even though I can typically avoid getting finished from gnp, it is still off. Strikes should be faster and smoother while also causing a little less damage in most cases. Its one more thing I think EA MMA implemented very well. It was faster and it took a realistic amount of shots before the fight was finished without the oddly OP strikes from strange positions.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-26-2017, 02:30 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide1980
Well not all the guys who chose to take the fight to the ground at the first opportunity given can fight standing up,I've tested this theory several times,but you are right that some of the guys who had good stand up would still go to the ground because it was much easier to win on the ground against a guy with no ground game as opposed to standing and banging. My ground game still needs a little work,gotta get better at learning to read transitions,so I usually tried to keep it standing up so my stand up got way better in UFC 2 over UFC 1 but if I fought somebody with good ground skills it usually didn't end well for me lol.
I think this game will force the ground guys to get better at stand up if they want to compete. Way too easy to get caught in the stand up if you don't know what your doing it seems. The best part for me is going to be piecing someone up on the feet to the point where they feel the need to test my ground game. When we get there they realize it was a mistake.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:32 PM   #29
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

People assuming that a player who is grappling them does so because he has no striking skills is such a common mistake. In some cases, it's because they just want to fight everywhere. It might also be because he is playing as a grappler fighter. And yet, maybe he wanted to avoid the dicey nature of the stand up of the previous installments.

In UFC 3, I think there will be more pure stand up fights, because, beyond the improvements, that last reason no longer applies.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:39 PM   #30
Banned

Clinch spamming is like cultural appropriation, it doesn't exist. Half of the positions in the clinch are mirrored, meaning: you can do the exact same things to them as they can to you. It's not magic and it's not particularly overpowered. In the Thai clinch you can actually see where they are blocking if you're dominant and you can see where they are going to attack and block before you get hit if you're submissive.

They made the denial window so large for direct entries into the Thai and double unders you can deny when rocked and have no stamina and you can easily deny neutral positions if you know they're looking for the clinch.

Those easy transitions into takedowns you mentioned are a feature. It's called momentum advantage. Yes, if I transition into the single collar from Thai I have a ridiculous speed advantage for the leg grab takedown. Luckily, it only puts you in guard and if you know they are going to use that momentum advantage you can preemptively block it. If they don't do it immediately they get no speed advantage.

As with most things in life, the defense to clinch "spamming" is to git gud.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:44 PM   #31
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

BTW... I could be wrong, naturally, but I think running won't be a thing at all. I expect fighting from the outside to be very difficult. If succesful, it will likely require a lot skill and variety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 02:46 PM   #32
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Getting good is not an appropriate solution to bad game mechanics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »