Home

Anybody else experiencing difficulty with the ground game?

This is a discussion on Anybody else experiencing difficulty with the ground game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2018, 10:55 AM   #9
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anybody else experiencing difficulty with the ground game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyonelover
This sub issue has me concerned it keeps popping up on the forums!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The sub issue will absolutely get fixed. No need to worry about it. The subs are easy to balance and they'll find the sweet spot pretty soon.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:57 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
The sub issue will absolutely get fixed. No need to worry about it. The subs are easy to balance and they'll find the sweet spot pretty soon.
The fact that there's a slider for it in game will making testing it super easy too. I think aholbert said he started escaping them 2-3 ticks down from default, I imagine that the devs can just change whatever the "default" setting is.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:24 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Are you at a stat differential when you're grappling now? Maybe they made stats matter more than they did in 2 and went too far or something.

I don’t believe so. I’m using my time as Joanna to base this off of. She has great bottom D and get ups, but I can still be held down easily. Her transitions are so slow even though she has a 5 point perk for get ups in addition to her ~90 base stat. I manage my stamina well.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 11:28 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I don’t believe so. I’m using my time as Joanna to base this off of. She has great bottom D and get ups, but I can still be held down easily. Her transitions are so slow even though she has a 5 point perk for get ups in addition to her ~90 base stat. I manage my stamina well.

Maybe whoever you were grappling against has a broken top control perk? It's bizarre that Joanna can't stand up, only Gadelha has ever had any success control her and she gassed out doing it. I'm really curious what's causing this because it doesn't jive with my beta experience at all.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:36 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Maybe whoever you were grappling against has a broken top control perk? It's bizarre that Joanna can't stand up, only Gadelha has ever had any success control her and she gassed out doing it. I'm really curious what's causing this because it doesn't jive with my beta experience at all.

Both Andrade and Gadelha players have successfully held me down. By successful I mean they could keep me there for over 1 minute on the game clock. I can still get out but my denials are just not working either. I can still deny from guard easily though, but half guard transitions are very difficult to defend.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:48 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Both Andrade and Gadelha players have successfully held me down. By successful I mean they could keep me there for over 1 minute on the game clock. I can still get out but my denials are just not working either. I can still deny from guard easily though, but half guard transitions are very difficult to defend.

Okay, that actually jives a bit more with my experience than I thought. It is significantly harder to move on bottom out of guard, and it usually takes about 30-40 seconds to get up if you're under a grappler with good top control. Honestly, if takedowns are harder to get now, it being slightly harder to get up seems fine. Obviously, if the denials feel wrong that's an issue, but I always thought it was weird how easy it was to get up in 2 from under a khabib or whoever.

I don't think there's more I can say on this topic until I have the game in my hands, but I don't have an inherent issue with it being harder to get up than it was in 2, but I can't speak to if there's a broken transition, or if the window is too small or whatever.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:07 PM   #15
MVP

The ground is easily my best aspect too, and I found the beta (don't have early access) was fine, felt pretty much the same as UFC 2.

I did notice there seemed to be more GA influenced positions and that the AI was a loooot smarter on the ground, but I didn't have much issue with denials and all that.

I've read a lot of people saying the AI in particular is brutally effective on the ground now, aside from its possibly OP subs, I like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 01:45 PM   #16
Rookie

Yes, played through career mode on normal difficulty to get to grips with the game and I think I was able to Defend maybe 3 takedowns the entire career and when I got to the ground I would never be able to get back to my feet (Even with 100 stats). The timing for defending is way too small and on the ground, it is far too easy to block someone trying to get up. Submissions are even worse, almost impossible to get out of bar 1 very lucky time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »