Home

Anybody else experiencing difficulty with the ground game?

This is a discussion on Anybody else experiencing difficulty with the ground game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2018, 01:23 PM   #33
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anybody else experiencing difficulty with the ground game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidge
I've honestly had no problems escaping subs. I attack 4 gates, then 3 and I usually always get out by the 2nd stage.
I don't feel the gates are the problem,I get what they're going for as far as pushing at least 3 gates out at a time,switching to a different gate as soon as it starts flashing. My problem is that soon as the left stick icon pops up,the computer already has it selected and it goes to the next stage of the submission and the gates reset,nullifying my efforts to push the gates out,and sadly this is on normal difficulty. This is also with my stamina at a reasonable level,I've been experimenting around with escaping submissions and i escape maybe 1 out of 7 times from what I've tracked so far.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckledeep1980
Absolutely! Can't deny the majority of transitions that were simple to deny beforehand. Yet the opponent seems to have no issue at all. It feels like there is a tiny little window to deny in or no window at all in many cases, which of course cannot be.

I just don't get it. Whether it's on the floor, on the feet, it's just not feeling right to me at all. I can only think of lag.....but then the majority of matches feel decent. Had it been lag, well you'd see this on the screen and notice input delay etc.
Pro Tip: When in any grappling situation, hold the block trigger and wait for the AI to transition. It'll bring up a white arrow on the screen showing you which way to flick to deny their transition.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:08 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
Pro Tip: When in any grappling situation, hold the block trigger and wait for the AI to transition. It'll bring up a white arrow on the screen showing you which way to flick to deny their transition.
I should have specified I meant online. ty though

And from testing out the top grapplers, I kinda feel they have been overemphasised and could use some tweaking.

Last edited by Knuckledeep1980; 02-02-2018 at 02:11 PM. Reason: additional comment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 02:23 PM   #36
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Too easy to deny as the tells are all still the same. . .

Too easy to submit as well.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:18 PM   #37
Banned

Anybody else experiencing difficulty with the ground game?

I have no insider info, but as a player who's grappling is so good I'm actually banned from entering 17 countries, I can touch on this.

There seems to have been a change in denials, meaning they're much harder in a neutral GA state. Initial grappling exchanges early in a fight, between similarly matched fighters, are therefore extremely high-focus battles. I'm talking edge of your chair, perfect posture, completely naked, intense staring at the TV screen and IMMEDIATELY flicking the denial the second your opponent moves. No punching, no transitioning, just waiting. This is if you intend to deny anything. And even then, the delay in your TV is enough for fighters like Tony Ferguson to snatch rubber guard.

But yeah, this game has much more of an emphasis on patience, control, stamina management etc. on the ground. It's easy to take just the slightest edge in GA and then snowball it and completely crush your opponent for the remaining 5 rounds. So the initial exchanges are crucial to win, and patience is the only way to win them.

Sadly this had led to some very, very, very uneventful fights. I'm all about top control, but even I start to question the meaning of life in some of these ranked fights. I'm talking 24 minutes of lay and pray so intense Microsoft may try to get a law passed against me. I went on like a 6 fight streak of 5 round decisions where only about 12 strikes were thrown. In two of those fights they didn't even read the decision because 2 of the judges died and Bruce Buffer went home.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by The Relaxed Guy; 02-02-2018 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:41 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
I have no insider info, but as a player who's grappling is so good I'm actually banned from entering 17 countries, I can touch on this.

There seems to have been a change in denials, meaning they're much harder in a neutral GA state. Initial grappling exchanges early in a fight, between similarly matched fighters, are therefore extremely high-focus battles. I'm talking edge of your chair, perfect posture, completely naked, intense staring at the TV screen and IMMEDIATELY flicking the denial the second your opponent moves. No punching, no transitioning, just waiting. This is if you intend to deny anything. And even then, the delay in your TV is enough for fighters like Tony Ferguson to snatch rubber guard.

But yeah, this game has much more of an emphasis on patience, control, stamina management etc. on the ground. It's easy to take just the slightest edge in GA and then snowball it and completely crush your opponent for the remaining 5 rounds. So the initial exchanges are crucial to win, and patience is the only way to win them.

Sadly this had led to some very, very, very uneventful fights. I'm all about top control, but even I start to question the meaning of life in some of these ranked fights. I'm talking 24 minutes of lay and pray so intense Microsoft may try to get a law passed against me. I went on like a 6 fight streak of 5 round decisions where only about 12 strikes were thrown. In two of those fights they didn't even read the decision because 2 of the judges died and Bruce Buffer went home.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
You need to post more often

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »