Home

I really appreciate the fighter individuality

This is a discussion on I really appreciate the fighter individuality within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2018, 04:24 PM   #9
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I really appreciate the fighter individuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
I understand his personality and ranking but he’ll hardly be fun to use unless you’re Big Cee of course
Yeah, true. I just want him in the game because everyone hates him. So taunting with him will annoy people even more lol. I'll probably rarely use him but yh.

It's also just a rankings thing. I get you tho... He's a pretty uninteresting fighter. He's very good and I strongly believe he has a decent shot at Tyron but yeah.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:30 PM   #10
Banned

holyjesus's Arena

I dunno about you but when Colby is available I'm going to play with him in the Jeunesse arena and call the crowd filthy animals.

Old 01-29-2018, 04:31 PM   #11
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Yeah, true. I just want him in the game because everyone hates him. So taunting with him will annoy people even more lol. I'll probably rarely use him but yh.

It's also just a rankings thing. I get you tho... He's a pretty uninteresting fighter. He's very good and I strongly believe he has a decent shot at Tyron but yeah.
Wait.. you think he has a shot at beating Tyrone Woodley... no way... Woodley will box him up like Maia did lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 04:33 PM   #12
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

Quote:
Don’t understand the hard on for Colby Covington to be honest... he’s just a wrestler lol
Well the reason I want him in and probably others, is that he is currently the #3 ranked welterweight in the UFC, so that by itself is the reason he should be in. but also I want to make a proper universe roster and since he's ranked #3rd....its kind of important he's in.

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 01-29-2018, 04:37 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Wait.. you think he has a shot at beating Tyrone Woodley... no way... Woodley will box him up like Maia did lol.
Tyron, there's no e at the end. And he has no reason to strike with Woodley and Covington is by far the best wrestler Woodley has ever fought. It's an interesting fight, even if I think Woodley would win. Although Tyron is about to lose that belt to my boy RDA.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:51 PM   #14
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Tyron, there's no e at the end. And he has no reason to strike with Woodley and Covington is by far the best wrestler Woodley has ever fought. It's an interesting fight, even if I think Woodley would win. Although Tyron is about to lose that belt to my boy RDA.
You think Covington has any choice but to stand with Tyrone. Once he feels that first right hand, he will be like a deer in headlights.

RDA has more of a chance and he’s undersized so what does that say about Covington’s skill.

EDIT- He deserves to be in game since he’s number 3 but I still think there is waaay more fighters to be excited about than Colby Covington.

I do like his whole schtick though, reminds me of Chael.

His photoshop of RDA’s email was the highlight for me lol.

Last edited by TheJamesKraus; 01-29-2018 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:32 PM   #15
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
You think Covington has any choice but to stand with Tyrone. Once he feels that first right hand, he will be like a deer in headlights.

RDA has more of a chance and he’s undersized so what does that say about Covington’s skill.

EDIT- He deserves to be in game since he’s number 3 but I still think there is waaay more fighters to be excited about than Colby Covington.

I do like his whole schtick though, reminds me of Chael.

His photoshop of RDA’s email was the highlight for me lol.
I dunno... Colby said he worked Tyron in sparring (yes, grain of salt).

There were always stories that Colby was called the future champ at ATT tho. Like he'd work Lawler over and wrestle **** him. Had success against Tyron too supposedly. He's clearly confident he can beat him for a reason too.

I don't see why Colby couldn't impose a boring grappling heavy gameplan to beat him. Clinch him up against the cage and take him down. Maybe he struggles to get takedowns but I can still see him grinding him out in an ugly way. Tyron has showed he's susceptible to that on more than once occasion and Colby has the mindset, skills, and stamina to do it.

Colby is a D1 All American. Usman is a D2 wrestler. Tyron is also a D1 All American but all these credentials are somewhat irrelevant due to MMA wrestling being different.

Colby has way more of a shot than people think. I'd pick him on the great odds I'd get even if I see it as like 60-40 in Tyron's favour. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Who knows anything tho... Rose KO'd Joanna in the first round....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 06:03 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I dunno... Colby said he worked Tyron in sparring (yes, grain of salt).

There were always stories that Colby was called the future champ at ATT tho. Like he'd work Lawler over and wrestle **** him. Had success against Tyron too supposedly. He's clearly confident he can beat him for a reason too.

I don't see why Colby couldn't impose a boring grappling heavy gameplan to beat him. Clinch him up against the cage and take him down. Maybe he struggles to get takedowns but I can still see him grinding him out in an ugly way. Tyron has showed he's susceptible to that on more than once occasion and Colby has the mindset, skills, and stamina to do it.

Colby is a D1 All American. Usman is a D2 wrestler. Tyron is also a D1 All American but all these credentials are somewhat irrelevant due to MMA wrestling being different.

Colby has way more of a shot than people think. I'd pick him on the great odds I'd get even if I see it as like 60-40 in Tyron's favour. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Who knows anything tho... Rose KO'd Joanna in the first round....

I don't really see Convington as a strong lead coming into this fight. Takedown defense is really one of Woodley's strengths, and he just had a full camp to prepare for it against Maia. Maia certainly doesn't wrestle like Covington, but Woodley has fought better wrestlers than Colby. Plus, Woodley has a strong Guillotine, which Colby has lost to. Colby's career is still young, it's a good fight and I'm looking forward to it, I'm just not sold yet on him, this will be his biggest stepping stone ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »