Home

Body kick catch

This is a discussion on Body kick catch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2018, 06:32 PM   #105
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Body kick catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Leave the catch kick window the same otherwise ppl will just spam body kicks even more now with body punches. This game online is nothing but who can spam to the body the most and drain your stamina the fastest.

Every fight online is the same ****. Body punches over and over, then they mixed it up and go to the head. Rinse and Repeat over and over with the best fighters.
The catch window is too big. You shouldn't be able to catch a Pettis body kick with reaction so easily. When have you ever seen that irl? He kicked Henderson 4 times in a row to the body within a few seconds.

You shouldn't get a guaranteed rock later on in the fight due to chin depletion either. It's silly. You should either lengthen the window or reduce the damage on the counter for balance.

In terms of realism... Both should be changed. If a kick is caught (which is quite rare) then the fighter will go for a takedown for the most part. I can't recall a fighter catching a kick and throwing a perfectly accurate straight punch with a lot of power that rocks the opponent.

So in an ideal world the catching the kick window and the insta-rock counter would both be changed and something else could be found to balance it. That's an ideal world though. I'd also suggest making certain kickers' kicks much more difficult to catch (like Pettis and Barboza).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 09:48 PM   #106
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

To make matters worse you can even land a head kick after catching the kick and the other person can't block it. You can duck it but it has to be timed right. All this punishment because of catching a very readable body kick? Like you can react to that thing and catch it fairly easily.

At 1:34 he lands the first and at 2:03 he lands the second.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:51 PM   #107
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
To make matters worse you can even land a head kick after catching the kick and the other person can't block it. You can duck it but it has to be timed right. All this punishment because of catching a very readable body kick? Like you can react to that thing and catch it fairly easily.

At 1:34 he lands the first and at 2:03 he lands the second.
Wait that’s unblockable???

Smh
Old 02-07-2018, 05:45 AM   #108
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Wait that’s unblockable???

Smh
And thats EXACTLY why GC's shouldn't be allowed in LEC's. Who would have known that unless you no life this game and happen to throw it or took part in developing it.

Needs a patch, now.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:48 AM   #109
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
And thats EXACTLY why GC's shouldn't be allowed in LEC's. Who would have known that unless you no life this game and happen to throw it or took part in developing it.

Needs a patch, now.
No need to insult the guy.

It is disappointing tho because he abuses the hell out of the headkick after bodykick catch strike. I’d say a good portion of his fights are won off of that or duck uppercut/hook combo
Old 02-07-2018, 05:51 AM   #110
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
No need to insult the guy.

It is disappointing tho because he abuses the hell out of the headkick after bodykick catch strike. I’d say a good portion of his fights are won off of that or duck uppercut/hook combo
I'm not insulting him. It's just a fact that this game is way too deep and theres way to much hidden stuff the average gamer doesn't know about for these dudes to be in the LEC's, at least for the first 4 or 5 months. I've played over 200 fights, all in div 4 and 5 against top players from UFC 2 and I haven't seen this until now, so no one knows about it. Im sure they will now. Awesome.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:53 AM   #111
Banned

Quote:
I'm not insulting him. It's just a fact that this game is way too deep and theres way to much hidden stuff the average gamer doesn't know about for these dudes to be in the LEC's, at least for the first 4 or 5 months. I've played over 200 fights, all in div 4 and 5 against top players from UFC 2 and I haven't seen this until now, so no one knows about it. Im sure they will now. Awesome.
My bad I misread your comment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 09:30 AM   #112
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I love Martial, I've been a sub of his since before I even found this board or knew he was a GC or what that even was.

But dude, this is so easily replicated that I just did this in an online fight as Alvarez V. Ferguson after watching this. The first fight.

You can even hear in Martial's voice the way he's so quick to go "Caught it. Here comes the headkick." meaning that he's doing this regularly enough that it's just a normal thing for him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »