Home

Body kick catch

This is a discussion on Body kick catch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2018, 12:12 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Body kick catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeface
I honestly don't have half the problems people complain about on these forums. I don't know what we are doing differently, but I land body kicks and they only get caught when I over use them. Maybe start thowing a head kick instead and when they try to catch it they get rocked hard. Half of the compaints on these forums have easy solutions, but it seems no one wants to take the time to think about it or figure it out. They just come here and cry FIX IT!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I don't agree with a lot of the complaints on this forum, but I just think the risk-reward is off on body kicks. Like, it's an incredibly high risk technique for almost no reward unless you're landing like 10+ of them. So, as an example, the risk on a body kick isn't much lower than a high kick (it is slightly lower though) but if I land 2-3 high kicks I'll probably get a stoppage whereas if I'd have to land 15 or so body kicks to start getting any benefit.

However, I'm not advocating for big changes for a while, want the meta to settle a bit and for people to figure some stuff out before I can say "X strategy is overpowered and Y tactic needs a little buff" etc, I'm just saying right now body kicks don't feel very good to me.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:13 PM   #10
Rookie

SPiiTFiiRE88's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I have a friend I play with that has the same problem. I haven't been able to figure out why he can't punch after he catches it. I can do it consistently I just hit the punch button after I catch, but I've watched him play and he does the same but it doesn't work. Maybe you have to hit the right punch button if you catch with your left hand?

Yeah it's just like that for me, do you just press the punch button only or do you need to hold L1 to hook? thats my next thing to try when I get home
Old 02-02-2018, 12:17 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I don't agree with a lot of the complaints on this forum, but I just think the risk-reward is off on body kicks. Like, it's an incredibly high risk technique for almost no reward unless you're landing like 10+ of them. So, as an example, the risk on a body kick isn't much lower than a high kick (it is slightly lower though) but if I land 2-3 high kicks I'll probably get a stoppage whereas if I'd have to land 15 or so body kicks to start getting any benefit.

However, I'm not advocating for big changes for a while, want the meta to settle a bit and for people to figure some stuff out before I can say "X strategy is overpowered and Y tactic needs a little buff" etc, I'm just saying right now body kicks don't feel very good to me.
I'm not sure 15 body kicks before you start seeing benefit is accurate. I haven't done a proper test so I can't say for sure, but I don't even throw 15 body kicks in a fight and feel like I have seen benefits. One major benefit is people don't like getting hit with them, this will cause them to retaliate with one of their own giving you an opportunity to capitalize, or you can throw a head kick and they will expect it to go body and get caught flush. It doesn't necessarily have to be a stamina benefit for it to be beneficial. I can agree the damage done when it is caught is probably too high, but it doesn't bother me much as it give me the same opportunity to punish.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 12:20 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPiiTFiiRE88
Yeah it's just like that for me, do you just press the punch button only or do you need to hold L1 to hook? thats my next thing to try when I get home
I don't have a controller in hand but I'm almost positive I just hit the punch button. You can always go to into practice mode and record a body kick to pratcice catching. It'll make figuring out what you're doing wrong much quicker.

Old 02-02-2018, 12:21 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
I'm not sure 15 body kicks before you start seeing benefit is accurate. I haven't done a proper test so I can't say for sure, but I don't even throw 15 body kicks in a fight and feel like I have seen benefits. One major benefit is people don't like getting hit with them, this will cause them to retaliate with one of their own giving you an opportunity to capitalize, or you can throw a head kick and they will expect it to go body and get caught flush. It doesn't necessarily have to be a stamina benefit for it to be beneficial. I can agree the damage done when it is caught is probably too high, but it doesn't bother me much as it give me the same opportunity to punish.

I should've been clearer that I was just throwing out a number, 15 isn't a super precise figure or anything. I also don't think body kicks and high kicks are an effective mix up because ducking counters both of them. Like, it might work as a mix up some times, but you can duck under the high kick and duck armour through a body kick for a really good punish.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:26 PM   #14
Banned

What I hate is the lack of control

We cant hit people on active knockdowns because they cant control it but we have to stand there and be taken down or rocked?

Would love to be able to either block the strike or try to defend the TD.

The more control we have the better
Old 02-02-2018, 12:27 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I should've been clearer that I was just throwing out a number, 15 isn't a super precise figure or anything. I also don't think body kicks and high kicks are an effective mix up because ducking counters both of them. Like, it might work as a mix up some times, but you can duck under the high kick and duck armour through a body kick for a really good punish.
I believe it's a good mix up because people don't duck to avoid body kicks. They always catch cause they want that free strike. So if they are catching body kicks consistently throw one head kick and they will block body and eat it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaTO
Personally I like them as is. Forces people to set up their kicks, mix up their attacks.
This...

Risk/Reward.... They (the risk) should be elevated for everything actually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »