Home

Body kick catch

This is a discussion on Body kick catch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2018, 12:30 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Body kick catch

By the way I'm not even that great at the game. I've only played maybe 8 hours total, but I'm ranked 300 or so and have had success with the methods I post on here. People can take it or leave it, I'm sure there are better ways. What I do know is there are counters to these things and they have worked well in my experience.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2018, 12:31 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPiiTFiiRE88
Yeah it's just like that for me, do you just press the punch button only or do you need to hold L1 to hook? thats my next thing to try when I get home
You just have to punch with the free hand. E.g on PS4 if you catch the kick with your left hand, you press triangle to hit them with the right hand.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeface
I believe it's a good mix up because people don't duck to avoid body kicks. They always catch cause they want that free strike. So if they are catching body kicks consistently throw one head kick and they will block body and eat it.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
But my point is that mechanically it isn't a good mix up, because there's something that can counter both reliably, and once people figure that out it won't work as a mix up any more, because you can duck and throw a 3-4 punch combination instead of the one strike you get from a kick catch. And I went and tested it with RDA against Lawler and it took 31 body kicks to get a health event and it did about a quarter of his stamina bar, and the stamina difference became noticeable at about 15 or so body kicks.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:34 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
The counter damage of this needs to be drastically changed and the window for catching kicks needs to be lowered as well.

Literally every fight i have me and my opponent are catching each others kicks and rocking each other atleast half a dozen times a match.

Its wildly unrealistic.
Completely disagree. Without the counter damage and window, body kicks would be spammed because they can drain your stamina significantly.

I saw it when we played the game in August before they made this change. It was a body kick fest and it made the game look horrible.

Honestly if you guys are catching 6 body kicks a fight, you arent setting your body kicks up and are throwing them blindly.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:52 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPiiTFiiRE88
Yeah it's just like that for me, do you just press the punch button only or do you need to hold L1 to hook? thats my next thing to try when I get home
I watched my buddy struggle with this the other night. Make sure you stop pressing block before you throw the strike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 01:00 PM   #22
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Completely disagree. Without the counter damage and window, body kicks would be spammed because they can drain your stamina significantly.

I saw it when we played the game in August before they made this change. It was a body kick fest and it made the game look horrible.

Honestly if you guys are catching 6 body kicks a fight, you arent setting your body kicks up and are throwing them blindly.
Dude, the frames leading up to a body kick make it incredibly easy to catch.

Regardless of set ups, you catch a kick, boom rocked. Every. Single. Time. Unrealistic.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:06 PM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Dude, the frames leading up to a body kick make it incredibly easy to catch.

Regardless of set ups, you catch a kick, boom rocked. Every. Single. Time. Unrealistic.
I'll agree to disagree with that. I'm not seeing many high level players complain about this. Low level players like me arent complaining either. If someone is focusing on body kicking, I can catch a few....if I focus on just catching those kicks or if someone is throwing the same combo over and over again.

Also, you arent rocked EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. In fact, I played 2 games on Wednesday, where my opponents were openly throwing body kicks (with no set up). So I just started waiting and I started catching them. It took me 3 before I rocked either one of them.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:08 PM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
But my point is that mechanically it isn't a good mix up, because there's something that can counter both reliably, and once people figure that out it won't work as a mix up any more, because you can duck and throw a 3-4 punch combination instead of the one strike you get from a kick catch. And I went and tested it with RDA against Lawler and it took 31 body kicks to get a health event and it did about a quarter of his stamina bar, and the stamina difference became noticeable at about 15 or so body kicks.
How did you test it? Was this in a fight or did you just use two controllers or practice mode?

If its the latter, that isnt a proper experiment because vulnerability and other actions play into stamina.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »