Home

Body kick catch

This is a discussion on Body kick catch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2018, 02:42 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Body kick catch

Perfect example of how OP the strike is

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hv0trqc8Yl8

Martial Mind was getting his *** beat but won because he caught 3 kicks and got the free strike
Old 02-02-2018, 02:54 PM   #50
Banned

Quick question how do you go for a takedown off a kick catch? Not just a throw down, but a full takedown where you go to the ground?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-02-2018, 02:54 PM   #51
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Perfect example of how OP the strike is

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hv0trqc8Yl8

Martial Mind was getting his *** beat but won because he caught 3 kicks and got the free strike
Not the best example:

1) The AI threw the kick at 50% temp stamina which made the kick even easier to catch because the animation was slower.

2) The AI threw the kick blind which is what I've been saying is the problem. MM is pretty much camping on low block because the AI was doing a decent job with body punches. While doing that he still took some body kicks and blocked a few.

3) First kick catch: AI threw it with no set up....it got caught...he got hit with a straight that didnt rock him....and the AI instead of immediately blocking threw a jab which was countered by a head kick. 2nd kick: Same as above accept the AI didnt throw a jab or block to counter.

The issue I have isnt about the leg catch or the free strike....its that MM was able to follow that free strike up with a head kick too quick. Also the AI was doing a poor job of distance management and was throwing horrible kicks from far away.

Last edited by aholbert32; 02-02-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 02:55 PM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
Quick question how do you go for a takedown off a kick catch? Not just a throw down, but a full takedown where you go to the ground?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Right stick towards the opponent
Old 02-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not the best example:

1) The AI threw the kick at 50% temp stamina which made the kick even easier to catch because the animation was slower.

2) The AI threw the kick blind which is what I've been saying is the problem. MM is pretty much camping on low block because the AI was doing a decent job with body punches. While doing that he still took some body punches and blocked a few.

3) First kick catch: AI threw it with no set up....it got caught...he got hit with a straight that didnt rock him....and the AI instead of immediately blocking threw a jab which was countered by a head kick. 2nd kick: Same as above accept the AI didnt throw a jab or block to counter.

The issue I have isnt about the leg catch or the free strike....its that MM was able to follow that free strike up with a head kick too quick. Also the AI was doing a poor job of distance management and was throwing horrible kicks from far away.
Im not questioning how easy/hard it is to catch.

My issue is how much damage the free strike does. MM is clearly good at reacting to the kick but a free strike doing that much dmg is too much imo. It completely turns the tide of the fight.

I think it either needs to do less damage or we should have some control after our kick is caught
Old 02-02-2018, 03:13 PM   #54
MVP

Can we sweep off kick catches?

Can we grapple off kick catches?

Can we attack with body punch off kick catches?

Implement some of those if they arent in already please
Old 02-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
Can we sweep off kick catches?

Can we grapple off kick catches?

Can we attack with body punch off kick catches?

Implement some of those if they arent in already please
First two yes, last one no. The kick inputs (X or circle on playstation) sweep/dump the opponent, and the right stick forward is a takedown, to half guard on a caught round kick and side control on a caught linear kick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2018, 02:02 AM   #56
Rookie

This pointed out at the time of the beta version, but there is a problem that the side where the kick was caught can not prevent the guard and take down against the batting at all. With the current specifications, when the middle kick is caught, the attacker can punch or take down, but the defender will accept it all unconditionally. Therefore, if defensive behaviors can be made while choosing one of the middle kick catch side, even if there is a risk, it is possible to kick to some extent freely

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »