Home

I threw 500 strikes in a 3 round fight with Black Beast

This is a discussion on I threw 500 strikes in a 3 round fight with Black Beast within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: I threw 500 strikes in a 3 round fight with Black Beast

I agree with op. Strike output should mean more than who can land more body strikes when it comes to stamina

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-03-2018, 08:33 PM   #18
Pro

Do you have a screenshot or video of this fight? How many of those strikes landed, and how many missed? Also what did your remaining stamina bars look like?
Old 02-03-2018, 08:55 PM   #19
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Are you guys fighting people using lots of body punches and having lots of denials when grappling? Stamina doesn't seem excessive at all, from where I'm standing.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:20 PM   #20
Pro

Stamina is excessive if you aren't using top tier fighters. I play mainly online quick fight in WW and LW divisions. Guys will select 5 rounds and pick Diaz. If they fight somewhat defensive, even being out classed, the Diaz stamina perks alone change the tide of the fight. I used Laprise and put on a clinic, but into the 4th I was completely gassed. Laprise has mediocre stats in game, but irl the guy fights at a high pace. My high percentage of well placed strikes and damage didn't matter because of the stats. I couldn't put Nate away. Went from a 3 round was to KO'd in the 4th. The stamina snowballing is so bad with the low tier fighters. Stat disadvantage ok, but why are these guys also penalized so bad in health stats? There needs to be a bottom end "ceiling" with stamina so you can at least fight. I won't play anything other than 3 round accelerated clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-03-2018, 09:44 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Are you guys fighting people using lots of body punches and having lots of denials when grappling? Stamina doesn't seem excessive at all, from where I'm standing.
The issue is that in order for your opp to gas on the feet you have to land a ton of body strikes or make them whiff.

Someone like Lewis should not be able to throw 500 strikes and have like 65-70% stamina left
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2018, 10:41 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
12345.jpg

This is an example. There was less than 1 minute of ground game in this fight. This guy blitzed me non stop for all three rounds. I finished the fight with almost 90 percent stamina and he was 60 percent or better. Do the math on how many power shots this guy was throwing out of the total strikes thrown. It's like 72 percent.

When a heavyweight can blitz you like that for three rounds it's bs. I should have been able to weather the storm and make him pay in the later rounds. His accuracy was terrible. Instead I was sitting there in the third round left with no choice but to just chuck leather.

Go ahead and make the argument that a spammer should be easily countered but that's not always the case. This guy was mixing up his strikes very well. I still managed to block or evade a large percentage but when he doesn't need to take a pause to refill his gas tank it leaves you sitting there playing defense for all three rounds. It's bs. It forces you to just throw and throw wrecklessly. The combo system was designed to encourage more realistic fights. They claimed that was the goal for the stand up. It isn't happening from what I've experienced.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:02 PM   #23
Rookie

Honestly with the current system you are only punishing people that are new to the series. The guys that just whiff strikes the entire time get punished hard. However, the people that are whiffing strikes non stop are likely to be people that aren't good at video games or don't really understand MMA. I don't feel like this is the largest percentage of people that bought the title. Once you get into your true fan base, these people start in D4. People aren't whiffing strikes non stop. They are up in your face and they can throw stupid volume the entire fight.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:25 PM   #24
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I agree that some stamina perks, specially Higher Altitude, are too strong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »