Home

I threw 500 strikes in a 3 round fight with Black Beast

This is a discussion on I threw 500 strikes in a 3 round fight with Black Beast within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2018, 11:39 PM   #25
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I threw 500 strikes in a 3 round fight with Black Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Stamina is excessive if you aren't using top tier fighters. I play mainly online quick fight in WW and LW divisions. Guys will select 5 rounds and pick Diaz. If they fight somewhat defensive, even being out classed, the Diaz stamina perks alone change the tide of the fight. I used Laprise and put on a clinic, but into the 4th I was completely gassed. Laprise has mediocre stats in game, but irl the guy fights at a high pace. My high percentage of well placed strikes and damage didn't matter because of the stats. I couldn't put Nate away. Went from a 3 round was to KO'd in the 4th. The stamina snowballing is so bad with the low tier fighters. Stat disadvantage ok, but why are these guys also penalized so bad in health stats? There needs to be a bottom end "ceiling" with stamina so you can at least fight. I won't play anything other than 3 round accelerated clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That's how it is for me with Big Nog - at 86 striking stamina you'd think the guy never throws on the feet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 04:11 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

For next patch, could you guys increase stamina loss for blocked shots too (for the attacker), particularly for kicks.

I'm finding the AI has an abundance of stamina if I block the kicks where it shouldn't.

Perhaps the penalty for the blocker could be faster block degradation. That'll discourage blocking all the time.

Next thing, could the guy ontop using the "Get-up" function when on the ground or with the opponent on the fence please lose less or zero stamina for doing this move?

I lose a lot of stamina just by standing up from a dominant position on the ground such as side control.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:37 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Are you guys fighting people using lots of body punches and having lots of denials when grappling? Stamina doesn't seem excessive at all, from where I'm standing.
THIS! Stamina feels great! Everyone is overreacting to pretty much everything on this game but that is typical for the mma gaming crowd.

Everyone needs to be ok with taking some L's why we figure everything out. I had a fight today where I got spanked but I loved it. Dude was Johnson and I was Gus. He kept side swaying and catching me with bombs. I played in to his game and was trying to get those shots back and rushed in and dude kept catching me. By the time I was ready to adapt it was a full round. My head health was wrecked and I had no chance after that. Lesson learned.

The only issue I see with the whole game right now is the fluidity in takedowns and clinch attempts from the standing position. The next patch should fix that from what I've heard.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:50 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyney00
THIS! Stamina feels great! Everyone is overreacting to pretty much everything on this game but that is typical for the mma gaming crowd.

Everyone needs to be ok with taking some L's why we figure everything out. I had a fight today where I got spanked but I loved it. Dude was Johnson and I was Gus. He kept side swaying and catching me with bombs. I played in to his game and was trying to get those shots back and rushed in and dude kept catching me. By the time I was ready to adapt it was a full round. My head health was wrecked and I had no chance after that. Lesson learned.

The only issue I see with the whole game right now is the fluidity in takedowns and clinch attempts from the standing position. The next patch should fix that from what I've heard.
It’s not about losing. I win the majority of my fights but the current system forces you to go to the body. Irl most dudes dont

I just want people to gas if they’re coming out swinging non stop.

I’ve watched quite a few fights where the attacker is beating his opponent’s *** so bad that the winner gasses then ends up losing.

Overeem vs bigfoot is one of the best examples.

The only way to do that now is by going to the body.

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 02-04-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:12 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
It’s not about losing. I win the majority of my fights but the current system forces you to ho to the body. Irl most dudes dont

I just want people to gas if they’re coming out swinging non stop.

I’ve watched quite a few fights where the attacker is beating his opponent’s *** so bad that the winner gasses then ends up losing.

Overeem vs bigfoot is one of the best examples.

The only way to do that now if by going to the body.
Not true. You can do it just as well by making your opponent miss. I get that in some cases your fighter might not have good enough movement to win the movement battle. I experience this in quick match as I often go lower rated fighters. If skill is equal i would prefer it this way as it leads to fighters feeling different.

Say you and I fight and are equal skill. You pick McGregor and I pick Kevin Lee. I'm not going to be able to control distance at all in that match. What I can control is I'm going to clinch and takedown attempt you. I know I have a stat advantage on the ground. I know your going to pick me apart on the feet. If you kept distance it would be tough for me to win. I like it this way.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:21 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyney00
Not true. You can do it just as well by making your opponent miss. I get that in some cases your fighter might not have good enough movement to win the movement battle. I experience this in quick match as I often go lower rated fighters. If skill is equal i would prefer it this way as it leads to fighters feeling different.

Say you and I fight and are equal skill. You pick McGregor and I pick Kevin Lee. I'm not going to be able to control distance at all in that match. What I can control is I'm going to clinch and takedown attempt you. I know I have a stat advantage on the ground. I know your going to pick me apart on the feet. If you kept distance it would be tough for me to win. I like it this way.
No I understand that as well. I’ve been picking low tiers in quick fight for practice and I have no issue makig my opp gas.

The issue is NOT an inability to make your opp gas. You can do that through movement and bodyshots. Im great at utilizing both.

The issue is that your opponent doesnt have to worry about the risk/reward of being aggressive vs gassing out even if they’re landing the majority of their strikes. Frankie Edgar vs Maynard 2. Lesnar vs Carwin.

Carwin and Maynard put down such an *** whooping in round one(LANDED or BLOCKED strikes) that they gassed. Thay cannot happen the way the stamina currently works.

That is the issue
Old 02-04-2018, 05:23 PM   #31
Banned

There's so many issues like this the devs in charge dont realize it adds up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 07:02 PM   #32
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Are you guys fighting people using lots of body punches and having lots of denials when grappling? Stamina doesn't seem excessive at all, from where I'm standing.
Lol. Just stop man. We get it. You won't critique anything

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »