Home

Body shots are extremely difficult to counter

This is a discussion on Body shots are extremely difficult to counter within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-19-2018, 05:30 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Body shots are extremely difficult to counter

Yeah I mean just stand still and wait for them to come forward with a straight or lead hook to the body and throw a lead uppercut rear uppercut really fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2018, 06:00 PM   #26
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
Yeah I mean just stand still and wait for them to come forward with a straight or lead hook to the body and throw a lead uppercut rear uppercut really fast.
Tried this, it's okayyy but even if it was effective, it's still highly unrealistic.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:30 PM   #27
MVP

Trillz's Arena

tbh combo spamming is the real problem here.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:22 AM   #28
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Time their rhythm for when they like to go low or bait them to go low (many body spammers will try to go low right after you do), and then throw a single stationary uppercut. Eventually you will get them.

A good bait is jab head, straight head, body lead hook. Then almost immediately throw a stationary lead uppercut. Can't count how many times I've rocked people trying to get me back to the body.

If you time the uppercut correctly, you will devastate anyone ducking down to slip or throw a body punch. After the last patch, getting caught ducking is disastrous. At 0:53 in the clip you linked, you didn't intercept him ducking down. He hit your body first and therefore muted your damage when you exchanged back with him. Note that you still did a lot of damage to his head, making that a bad exchange for him. But a pure intercept would have rocked him.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:52 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
Time their rhythm for when they like to go low or bait them to go low (many body spammers will try to go low right after you do), and then throw a single stationary uppercut. Eventually you will get them.

A good bait is jab head, straight head, body lead hook. Then almost immediately throw a stationary lead uppercut. Can't count how many times I've rocked people trying to get me back to the body.

If you time the uppercut correctly, you will devastate anyone ducking down to slip or throw a body punch. After the last patch, getting caught ducking is disastrous. At 0:53 in the clip you linked, you didn't intercept him ducking down. He hit your body first and therefore muted your damage when you exchanged back with him. Note that you still did a lot of damage to his head, making that a bad exchange for him. But a pure intercept would have rocked him.
As someone who works the body a lot I can vouch that this works. I think you got me with it a couple times - we had a Rockhold vs Rockhold match a few days ago and I sent you a message after thanking you for your lunging video lol

But it's a good strat... most people do have tendencies and if you pick up on them you can capitalize on them. If someone is constantly ducking trying to counter your jab, lead with uppercuts occasionally to either catch them or make them think twice. If someone always tries to land 2 body hooks after you land a body kick, have an uppercut waiting.... these are the fun and tactical parts of the game. There are definitely people who have just mastered their 1 cheesy strategy and are very good at it, but I haven't encountered many people who could effectively spam me to the body all fight
Old 03-21-2018, 10:09 AM   #30
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
tbh combo spamming is the real problem here.
Yh combos are a bit much in this game. Once someone starts one, it's not much you can do except try to get out the way or wait until it's finished.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #31
Rookie

Just do a step back counter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #32
Rookie

Body shots are useless. They really take almost no stamina away while a uppercut easily counters it and rocks you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »