Home

Body shots are extremely difficult to counter

This is a discussion on Body shots are extremely difficult to counter within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-09-2018, 09:39 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Body shots are extremely difficult to counter

I just wanted to revisit this topic as I have done a good 180 on the subject. With the new vulnerability on body punches that extend past one in the combo, body punches are fair and balanced.

If you plant your feet and throw a lead uppercut after you get hit with the first one, your opponent will almost always get rocked once you uppercut them.

The only body combo I take issue with is the jab-2body. That thing needs a drastic speed nerf. You cannot uppercut them even on prediction because their head will always be on the way up before you hit the uppercut, thus making the uppercut actually less effective than if they were just standing still. It's ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2018, 09:45 PM   #42
Banned

I was blown away by the title. I was wondering if we were playing the same game.

To me uppercuts are an OP counter for body shots. The only saving grace is that you have to time the uppercut and predict the body shot. The penalty for getting caught by the uppercut is a rock minimally and a KO at the extreme.

I would be a body spammer if it werent for those uppercuts.

The jab-2-body is harder to time, but does less damage. So its harder to catch...but if you can predict it....its lights out.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:28 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
The jab-2-body is harder to time, but does less damage. So its harder to catch...but if you can predict it....its lights out.
Incorrect. Go into practice mode with health on. You CANNOT time the uppercut early enough to rock someone using the jab-2body. The head will ALWAYS move up too fast and result in the uppercut LOSING power because of negative vulnerability frames.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:02 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Incorrect. Go into practice mode with health on. You CANNOT time the uppercut early enough to rock someone using the jab-2body. The head will ALWAYS move up too fast and result in the uppercut LOSING power because of negative vulnerability frames.
Well, I can tell you that I have been uppercut KO'd attempting that combo. Maybe it was because it was in the later rounds and I was tired.

That being said...the jab-2body isnt all that powerful so to me its ok that it shouldnt lead to your head being decapitated like body hooks.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:04 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
Well, I can tell you that I have been uppercut KO'd attempting that combo. Maybe it was because it was in the later rounds and I was tired.

That being said...the jab-2body isnt all that powerful so to me its ok that it shouldnt lead to your head being decapitated like body hooks.
I'm not saying you can't get KOed by it, I'm saying you don't get the vulnerability bonus of landing an uppercut on someone attempting it. You still do damage when it hits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2018, 11:18 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I just wanted to revisit this topic as I have done a good 180 on the subject. With the new vulnerability on body punches that extend past one in the combo, body punches are fair and balanced.

If you plant your feet and throw a lead uppercut after you get hit with the first one, your opponent will almost always get rocked once you uppercut them.

The only body combo I take issue with is the jab-2body. That thing needs a drastic speed nerf. You cannot uppercut them even on prediction because their head will always be on the way up before you hit the uppercut, thus making the uppercut actually less effective than if they were just standing still. It's ridiculous.
I absolutely hate the distance it covers

If you step forward with the jab(lead leg) you absolutely cannot hop forward with both feet to throw a crouching 2. But in this game you glide forward. Same issue with hooks/uppercuts.

People can hop in with strikes but once you plant to throw you shouldnt be able to magically glide to cover the same distance with your 2nd strike of a combo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »