Home

The spinning kick

This is a discussion on The spinning kick within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2018, 05:06 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The spinning kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
the biggest issue i think is the combos. people throw extra strikes just so that the second strike will come out faster. The spinning kick is a great example of it. People don't throw it naked that often because of how slow it is alone. Many pawing jabs are thrown and then one of them has a second strike on it that is artificially sped up because a jab was thrown first. It feels very unrealistic and makes for huge shifts in speed between certain moves that just look way off.
yeah... its more easy and safe throw a combo than a single shot

- the second strike is waaaay more faster than the second
- work as a defense too... if your opponent doest sway or use the "minor dash" he will have to block until the end of your combo... so his shield will be 0 and he will have just 2 options go away and regen or strike back(and you can sway b4 he does that or just lunge away)
Old 06-23-2018, 05:08 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Nope to slow naked, and far too quick behind a jab.
Much like most kicks.
yep, the combo system has created a meta where you pretty much have to throw something first or kicks are so slow its easy for skilled players to block them.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:17 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
yep, the combo system has created a meta where you pretty much have to throw something first or kicks are so slow its easy for skilled players to block them.
Body kicks are the worst. Behind the jab they arw so quick and snappy, naked they are awful
Old 06-23-2018, 05:28 PM   #20
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Wouldn't know. Who the hell throws it naked? That should tell you something right there.
Quote:
Nope to slow naked, and far too quick behind a jab.
Much like most kicks.
Thanks for the answer, guys.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:29 PM   #21
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Body kicks are the worst. Behind the jab they arw so quick and snappy, naked they are awful
There are some people wreaking havoc with the switch kick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2018, 06:25 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
There are some people wreaking havoc with the switch kick.
As its fast, i love the kick. Unfortunately for such a power kick it lacks power. Its range isnt large, cant be comboed, its perfectly balanced, just needs a power boost, so does all body kicks.

The problem woth body kicks are the lack of power and how slow they are naked. If thrown with a jab they are quick and take stamina. Adding a power modifier again sorts this.

Last edited by FCB x Finlay; 06-23-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:09 PM   #23
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
As its fast, i love the kick. Unfortunately for such a power kick it lacks power. Its range isnt large, cant be comboed, its perfectly balanced, just needs a power boost, so does all body kicks.

The problem woth body kicks are the lack of power and how slow they are naked. If thrown with a jab they are quick and take stamina. Adding a power modifier again sorts this.
It is only a couple of frames faster than the lead roundhouse. It looks much faster, because the animation includes the switch.

My point is that maybe the body kicks aren't as slow as they're talked about. The normal roundhouses were sped-up a bit, too.

As for their power, I really think they shouldn't be buffed. There have been quite a few fights in the ESFL where body kicks stole the show. And in mid level fights they can define fights, too (if I can dare to call myself mid-level).
Old 06-23-2018, 07:45 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
It is only a couple of frames faster than the lead roundhouse. It looks much faster, because the animation includes the switch.

My point is that maybe the body kicks aren't as slow as they're talked about. The normal roundhouses were sped-up a bit, too.

As for their power, I really think they shouldn't be buffed. There have been quite a few fights in the ESFL where body kicks stole the show. And in mid level fights they can define fights, too (if I can dare to call myself mid-level).
Try the power for yourself, its actually 27 in a row for a ko. The switch kick is responsive, where as the normal roundhouse have this slow start to them, basically making them easy to read.

A switch kick to the leg and head are also needed, marlos morias just kod sterling and rivera with one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »