Home

UFC4 on the PS5. Best combat sports game of all time?

This is a discussion on UFC4 on the PS5. Best combat sports game of all time? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2018, 12:58 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: UFC4 on the PS5. Best combat sports game of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
Because the game wasn't actually that good. It was style over substance.
You’d be hard pressed to find more than 5 people who agree with you
Old 06-27-2018, 01:22 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Because the game wasn't actually that good. It was style over substance.

Idk man, you're kind of wrong there. I always go off my experiences with these things we are what 4 months since the release of EA UFC 3 and i've pretty much stopped playing it.

I'm pretty sure I was still playing Undisputed 3 after 4 months. I played that game for ages. In terms of the fun I had i'd put Undisputed 3, Fight Night Champion and round 3 all ahead of EA UFC 3.

They are moving in the right direction though. Fifa had idk how many editions before they got it mostly right.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:46 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
That and in instances like Undisputed 09, EA MMA and EA UFC 1 they are basically building a game from the ground-up.

Nobody is asking for backwards compatible Fight Night Round 3 though. Everyone wants Fight Night Champion which came out near the end of the life cycle.

Because they have the foundation from which the current game can expand on. UFC 3's development was evidently spent on reworking the striking system which limited their resources to work on other aspects of the game. People cherish Undisputed 3 for its features like PRIDE and random obscure positions nobody actually used but in terms of gameplay it didn't really change all much. They just polished, expanded and rebalanced Undisputed 2 gameplay. Undisputed 1 and 2 had very limited feature list because the focus went on the gameplay foundation.

You yourself said how next-gen games emphasize graphics and realistic nipple textures yet you are assuming that UFC 4 would be different.
FN champion is a bit of a different story because they were then at a point of 5 games deep of boxing experience and powerful enough technology to get the results they did. Just like ufc 6 will be better than ufc 3. Im assuming UFC 4 will be different Because this isnt NBA NFL fifa or NHL which have been releasing a game every year for the past 15 years. We see vast improvement over each title. The next gen will only give our devs the tools they need to deliver a dynamic and more seamless experience. Yes EA will love to show off those nipple textures and calf sweat but combat sports games are handled differently then other sports titles

Sent from my LGMP450 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-27-2018, 01:57 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
The best mma game was already released on a last gen console. Undisputed 3. For some reason no one wants to build off something that was truest amazing. I feel if gpd just for one second looked at that game and why we appreciated it it would be the best thing to happen to this game. We want pride mode. We want new positions. We want ground movement. We want struggles. We want doctor stoppages. We want draws. This game lacks one thing but it’s huge and that’s immersion
As much as I love undisputed 3, it is not the best MMA game ever made. I LOVE ultimate fights mode, pride, title mode, career mode, the love and appreciation those guys put into every ounce of that game. However there are way too many arcade elements within that game. The only way to do damage standing up is to throw nothing but power shots. No popping the jab, no seamless striking. Its a very technical game which makes people feel like its the best, but its an illusion. The submissions were poorly done but they were fun. The grappling was deep and fun but besides mixing up GNP and transitions, it was fairly unrealistic. The stamina system was GOD awful. The health system was bad. The reversals were unrealistic and sometimes goofy but they functioned well

Old 06-27-2018, 02:17 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
You’d be hard pressed to find more than 5 people who agree with you
Okay lol. Not really gonna affect my opinion.

Quote:
Idk man, you're kind of wrong there. I always go off my experiences with these things we are what 4 months since the release of EA UFC 3 and i've pretty much stopped playing it.

I'm pretty sure I was still playing Undisputed 3 after 4 months. I played that game for ages. In terms of the fun I had i'd put Undisputed 3, Fight Night Champion and round 3 all ahead of EA UFC 3.

They are moving in the right direction though. Fifa had idk how many editions before they got it mostly right.
I play combat sports games mainly for the online aspect and I get much more enjoyment from UFC 3 than the games you listed. I can't really comment on the offline modes because they don't do much for me. That's why I would prefer having UFC 4 on PS4 so they can focus on improving that rather than starting from scratch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 02:36 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
As much as I love undisputed 3, it is not the best MMA game ever made. I LOVE ultimate fights mode, pride, title mode, career mode, the love and appreciation those guys put into every ounce of that game. However there are way too many arcade elements within that game. The only way to do damage standing up is to throw nothing but power shots. No popping the jab, no seamless striking. Its a very technical game which makes people feel like its the best, but its an illusion. The submissions were poorly done but they were fun. The grappling was deep and fun but besides mixing up GNP and transitions, it was fairly unrealistic. The stamina system was GOD awful. The health system was bad. The reversals were unrealistic and sometimes goofy but they functioned well

It was not perfect nowhere close but tif we combined ud3 and the striking logic we have now we’d have the greatest game ever. Gpd knows how to make good games I just wish he’d take more of a look at previous games

Last edited by 1212headkick; 06-27-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:10 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
It was not perfect nowhere close but tif we combined ud3 and the striking logic we have now we’d have the greatest game evermore. Gpd knows how to make good games I just wish he’d take more of a look at previous games
I agree. The clinch work, fluidly transitioning from striking and grappling, and wrestling from UD3 needs to get worked into EA UFCs. I feel GPD wants to take this grappling into a better direction though. UD3 had very fun grappling but I feel like it mechanically gave itself a ceiling. The system we have now has potential for so many variations and contextual transitions in the future. I cant imagine what its going to look like for UFC 5, next level ****.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:30 PM   #24
Rookie

All 3 games have been a total disappointment so far. Considering this, I cannot be very optimistic about future installments. Oh well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »