Home

EA UFC 3 or Undisputed 3 ground game?

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 or Undisputed 3 ground game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which has better grappling, EA UFC 3 or Undisputed 3?
EA UFC 3 8 34.78%
Undisputed 3 15 65.22%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2018, 03:25 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 or Undisputed 3 ground game?

@gentleman ghost ...exactly one shouldn't be able to deny a takedown mid kick without a struggle at least but some TDD animations are just mind boggling

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-12-2018, 05:17 AM   #10
Rookie

The underlying logic of UFC 3’s grappling system is without question much better than UD3. The simple fact that two people can try to transition different ways at the same time makes UFC 3 superior to UD3. UFC 3 grappling is by no means perfect, in fact, I wouldn’t even call it great, it has a long way to go before it’s actually fun to grapple, but it’s still much better than UD3 in terms of realism and logic. The only thing better about UD3 was the ground and pound, a few extra positions, and the rocks on the ground. If UFC 3 had those things, it would be better than UD3 in every possible way.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:35 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
UD3.

Aside from the better mechanics & variety, I don't think denying transitions or holding position should require fast reflexes on top of a directional guessing game. It just doesn't feel immersive. EA UFC manages to make grappling feel too much like a race. Ya gotta race to deny the opponents move and immediately make yours cuz now you got an advantage, that's too arcadey and grappling shouldn't feel so rushed.

UD3 you had to hold position and carefully make your next move. As the bottom fighter, you felt you could benefit from being calm and patient like fighters irl.

But grappling has such a frantic pace in EA UFC compared to UD. I loved literally holding position by holding down the sticks and there's a lot more they can add to it like leg positioning (using the legs to lock around the opponents body or their legs) as someone else on here brought up.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
This is really what ruins it and makes it completely un-fun for me as well. And as Haz said, again this is coming from someone who has trained extensively so it's very disappointing that I have to hate the grappling in this game so much but I do.

I loved holding down the sticks instead as well. The mechanic just worked and people didn't hate it. You could really be a bit patient as the bottom fighter as you said, without having to win a race just to deny a transition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2018, 09:51 AM   #12
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Haz summed up the ground game pretty good. Atrocious.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #13
Banned

We had this poll before but had s problem with fake accounts voting. UD3 still won
Old 12-12-2018, 01:37 PM   #14
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragreynolds
The underlying logic of UFC 3’s grappling system is without question much better than UD3. The simple fact that two people can try to transition different ways at the same time makes UFC 3 superior to UD3. UFC 3 grappling is by no means perfect, in fact, I wouldn’t even call it great, it has a long way to go before it’s actually fun to grapple, but it’s still much better than UD3 in terms of realism and logic. The only thing better about UD3 was the ground and pound, a few extra positions, and the rocks on the ground. If UFC 3 had those things, it would be better than UD3 in every possible way.
My sentiments exactly. EA UFC's ground game just has to be fleshed out more.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:55 PM   #15
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
The GA is so @$$ backwards now, that you have better GA advantage after get hit with a kick (even when you are rocked!) than avoiding the kick and going for a td mid kick!
It's possible your reading the GA meter @$$ backwards, because what you wrote here is completely untrue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2018, 02:04 PM   #16
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragreynolds
That's actually the worst part about it. Irl how many times do you hear to them talk about the bottom fighter needing to be patient and calm? All the time! What you just described is a race. You frantically race each other to see who gets there move off first. If you like it, fine, but it does not feel nearly as realistic as how UD3 worked.

You may not have liked holding the sticks down to literally hold position but that was a lot more sim than this. You hold position and you have to either transition or strike carefully and THEN you have to react to maintain position. That makes more sense than ALWAYS having to react to maintain position AND guessing what direction you have to maintain your position every single time the opponent makes a move.

EA UFC is far more video game/mini game logic than realism.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »