Home

Is it too easy to get rocked?

This is a discussion on Is it too easy to get rocked? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are stuns too common?
Yes 17 73.91%
No 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2019, 02:57 PM   #73
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Is it too easy to get rocked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
@tomi Every time I press Ranked/Quick Fight it takes me to the PS Plus page. I could try again.

@aholbert yeah, you're right, they probably are past that point. As for the more specific suggestions, I think others have addressed what I also feel should change: things like magnetic strikes and auto range fixing. I've also addressed the pointless whip clinch and the not damaging enough upkicks, as well as more clinch damage from clinch experts. I've made specific tuning suggestions on leg kicks, as well as specific suggestions on TKOs and damage. Hopefully something sticks. I could give more specific suggestions in the case they have chosen to follow a path similar to what I'd like, but I don't know if they have. I do agree that I post about revamped damage/stam quite a lot, I absolutely do. But yeah, they've definitely seen that a million times already and they've either liked it already or didn't.
This is the ****ty period for you guys because you know nothing about a potential new game so you are basically discussing the same points you have for over a year.

Its also why most GCs dont post at all during this time because we dont want to slip up and confirm something has or hasnt been changed.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:46 PM   #74
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
You guys are so funny. You literally have me laughing out loud right now. Not only did I AGREE with Philly's suggestion about using the clinch, but I posted about how I myself use this tactic and find great success with it.

But because I used the word "cheeze", because I am actually honest with myself, and it is cheezy af, you'll still start up an arguememt with me anyway.

*eye roll*

Yes MMA is about taking the fight where the opponent is weakest. But real MMA is infinitly more dynamic with far far far more possibilities.

Within the very limited framework the games mechanics function in, you have to do extremely specific defensive actions to break out of the clinch. Things that the game does not tell you. And lets be honest, the average player has not invested the time and practice into mastering. If you don't aknowledge the arcane nature of maaaaany of UFC 3s mechancis you're being willfully ignorant. The fact I can clinch someone and basically steal the entire fight from them, in what is basically an entirely separate game within the game, IS cheezy af. Lets just be honest with ourselves.

Do I do it. Yes.

Is it cheezy. Yes.

I know my clinch, and I don't find it cheezy when people clinch me. I've fought Romero a few times and hes tried to clinch **** me, but I know how to defend it, I escaped, and he knocked me the **** out with just his purely superior skill. No cheeze necessary at all. lol

The fact is you can totally steal fights by just clinch ****ing people, using mechanics these people just don't fully grasp, using basically a mini game to steal the fight.

I use it. But it can definitely be cheeze af. Just be honest about it. It is what it is.
I don't think I was as good in the clinch then as I am now, considering it was seasons ago.

But let's just hope for a new system that's more fluid and allows for more real life exchanges rather than slow dancing, as a wrestler, when I see the open cage clinch work in such a stagnant matter, it bores me. Although since I learned about manipulating the camera angle, it's made things more fun and I may do a video on locomotion in the clinch so everybody knows about it.

Also fun fact: If you simply go on practice mode, and initiate the clinch, the game teaches you! Even shows you how to defend. At this stage in the game nobody should have an excuse.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 10-01-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:55 PM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
I don't think I was as good in the clinch then as I am now, considering it was seasons ago.

But let's just hope for a new system that's more fluid and allows for more real life exchanges rather than slow dancing, as a wrestler, when I see the open cage clinch work in such a stagnant matter, it bores me. Although since I learned about manipulating the camera angle, it's made things more fun and I may do a video on locomotion in the clinch so everybody knows about it.
The idea of real time grappling really excites me: it would allow for scrambles, adjustments, chain wrestling, maybe even vicious strikes when you separate from clinch. Sounds great.

By the way, what's up with the pull counter tutorial? Could you have uploaded it without me seeing or did you just drop it altogether?

Edit: oh wow, two videos on it. I thought you'd post them in that thread

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 10-01-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 04:28 PM   #76
Banned

Posting another vid where I managed to not get rocked vs a Mcgregor I finished late in the 2nd

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/488896001

He wasnt great but definitely better than the average qf scrub
Old 10-01-2019, 11:57 PM   #77
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
The idea of real time grappling really excites me: it would allow for scrambles, adjustments, chain wrestling, maybe even vicious strikes when you separate from clinch. Sounds great.

By the way, what's up with the pull counter tutorial? Could you have uploaded it without me seeing or did you just drop it altogether?

Edit: oh wow, two videos on it. I thought you'd post them in that thread

:') I'll get to putting them in the thread!
Old 10-03-2019, 01:48 AM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Posting another vid where I managed to not get rocked vs a Mcgregor I finished late in the 2nd

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/488896001

He wasnt great but definitely better than the average qf scrub
I like your use of naked straights, I've started implementing them with good success

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-03-2019, 02:47 PM   #79
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSS
I like your use of naked straights, I've started implementing them with good success

Naked straights are money. I kind of think about them as the main form of defense.

Last edited by Solid_Altair; 10-07-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:39 AM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Naked straights are money. I ind of think about them as the main form of defense.
I was 0-2 versus this guy, implementing naked straights and straight-left hook combo changed the inertia...(I'm Rockhold)

https://youtu.be/sLLEWNiFYTE

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »