Home

Is it too easy to get rocked?

This is a discussion on Is it too easy to get rocked? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are stuns too common?
Yes 17 73.91%
No 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2019, 11:20 PM   #9
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is it too easy to get rocked?

I do think a ton of rocks happen cuz of lack of good defense with a lor of players. However, I still do also think rocks happen a bit much before a finish the fight knockdown or ko happens. The game could do with more alert knockdowns, finish the fight knockdowns and ko's happening a bit quicker and more often than they currently do...especially in the heavier divisions. For example in the HW division, guys should be going to sleep a lot quicker and more often from eating big shots. Especially if those big shots are coming from heavy hitters like Ngannou, Lewis, ect. So even though I think players getting rocked a ton are cuz of bad defense for some, rocks do happen a bit too frequently before other things happen like. I think if alert knockdowns, finish the fight knockdowns and ko's happened a bit more from eating big shots, the game would feel a bit more realistic in that area. But it should be a kind of thing where it happens more in the heavier divisions and less in the lighter ones, to represent the difference in power.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:52 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidge
While I sort of agree with this overall, I do think there are some exceptions.

Fighters like Max Holloway, Diaz, Bisping aren't out there rocking people. Max broke the record for punching Ortega in the face and he never got dropped during that beating. But these guys are in UFC 3 fighting like terminators.

Overall I think only a few fights look silly. We've all had fights that get to the point where every clean strike that lands seems to get a rock, and it's those ones that could probably do with just being kos instead lol.

I guess it depends on what changes you'd want to make. If we're getting stunned less, are we simply getting KO'd quicker? Or are we making fighters even more durable than they are now, just without the visual of getting rocked? Either one would imo have see an alteration in how stamina works
I think the issue with those fighters is their power ratings. They shouldnt be rocking people left and right until they tire them out.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:24 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
I remember Solid predicting that Martial Mind will go fights without getting rocked.. turns out it's closer to the opposite.

What do y'all think? Is it still too easy? Do you like as is now?
Rocks aren't the problem finishing the fight after getting a rock is the problem . We've become adept at surviving a rock to often . If your opponent doesn't duck into a strike or moves away it seems you won't get the finish .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2019, 10:04 AM   #12
MVP

Well here something I believe would be fairly simple to implement, based on what aholbert said earlier: rocks which only the rocked fighter is able to register in terms of HUD. No stumbling, no animated body language to give it away, yet still if you were to pounce on that fighter you'd be able to benefit from a lot of the advantages you would have if you had obviously rocked them. You just wouldn't know if they are rocked for sure.

Now, notice I said "animated body language". What I meant by this is the slower movement, the stumbling, etc, the animations. However, there still would be a body language of some sort to potentially give it away, and that's the "player" body language — they might stop moving forward/exchanging, retreat, attempt to disengage...make sure they aren't hit again, in other words.

Perhaps a certain stat should determine to what extent a fighter is able to conceal being hurt and what level of stuns they can conceal. Because obviously, if you're hurt really, really badly you can't hide it. But what you can hope to hide are minor and moderate stuns.

With all that being said, I'm still hoping for a damage overhaul of which this suggestion would be only one aspect.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:20 AM   #13
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Well here something I believe would be fairly simple to implement, based on what aholbert said earlier: rocks which only the rocked fighter is able to register in terms of HUD. No stumbling, no animated body language to give it away, yet still if you were to pounce on that fighter you'd be able to benefit from a lot of the advantages you would have if you had obviously rocked them. You just wouldn't know if they are rocked for sure.

Now, notice I said "animated body language". What I meant by this is the slower movement, the stumbling, etc, the animations. However, there still would be a body language of some sort to potentially give it away, and that's the "player" body language — they might stop moving forward/exchanging, retreat, attempt to disengage...make sure they aren't hit again, in other words.

Perhaps a certain stat should determine to what extent a fighter is able to conceal being hurt and what level of stuns they can conceal. Because obviously, if you're hurt really, really badly you can't hide it. But what you can hope to hide are minor and moderate stuns.

With all that being said, I'm still hoping for a damage overhaul of which this suggestion would be only one aspect.
That would be a cool thing to add. Sort of like when Nate rocked Conor in their first fight. Conor didn't really show it much, but you could see he was rocked by little subtle things he was doing like backing up, ect. Was fter this shot here...

Old 09-27-2019, 12:00 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
That would be a cool thing to add. Sort of like when Nate rocked Conor in their first fight. Conor didn't really show it much, but you could see he was rocked by little subtle things he was doing like backing up, ect. Was fter this shot here...

Or when Johnson knocked Khabib out cold.

Oh, and one more thing, which I've mentioned in different wording before: it's impossible to hit guys clean when they're rocked. The hands are always up tight, no holes in their guard, literally no way to land a clean shot when they're hurt. You just play the block break minigame. The block must be more unreliable the more hurt you are, and the hands must go up slower and for a shorter amount of the more gassed you are. You just have to be able to hit people clean after you hurt them and you can't do that unless they just don't hold block. Perhaps the accuracy stat can be of importance here.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:26 PM   #15
Rookie

I think it's generally because people aren't good at defense. Just moving toward your opponent when they strike greatly increases the chances of being rocked. People will also keep throwing even if it's obvious they won't win the exchange, they just want to finish their combo.

Most of the rockfests are when both fighters already have very low head health. I'm sure everyone has been there, you have already suffered a lot of head damage and you're trying to hang in there but every punch rocks you at that point and you're close to being KOed.

Not to mention near the end of the fight when stamina is low, it is a lot easier to rock each other and harder to finish. If you and our opponent are constantly rocking each other in the first round with high head health, you're probably not being very defensive.

Imagine how someone will play with $50 on the line vs how someone will play in ranked vs how someone will play in quick fight. 3 different levels of personal investment in the outcome.

If you're playing like you know you'll lose money if you lose, you will seriously start figuring out ways to outland your opponent while minimizing damage.

If each ranked fight you won you got $5 and each you lost you lost $5 we would see a lot less rocks and a lot more decisions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2019, 01:30 PM   #16
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Is there a stat for every time a fighter gets stunned in real life?

With the exception of rocks that result in knockdowns or ones where a person is physically showing that he is affected (stumbling/equilibrium off), we dont know for sure every time a fighter is stunned. Its a guess and part of the reason why analysts consistently say "I think that punch hurt him".

In the game (through sound, the HUD and the rumble) we know every time someone is hurt.

I think drops should be more noteworthy though. I see too many fights looking like Edgar/Maynard 2.

Just my 2 cents. Now back in my hole.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »